Jimmie Reed Jr

Hi Steve, I used to go to Bretby c. 1997/8 and Butch, Pat Brady, etc were on, but maybe you meant earlier

I remember it being popular at say Manchester Ritz but can't remember who was playing it - unusual as mostly (in recent times anyway) you can tie a particular record to a particular DJ

Social source share

PS Pat never did Bretby

Hi Dave, I remember very clearly talking to Pat at the DJ booth at Bretby when he was playing Yum Yums 'Big thing', a big revival sound for him c. 1998 so I reckon you are wrong on that  :hatsoff2:  

PS. thanks for the info 

Edited by Chris Turnbull
Social source share

Hi Dave, I remember very clearly talking to Pat at the DJ booth at Bretby when he was playing Yum Yums 'Big thing', a big revival sound for him c. 1998 so I reckon you are wrong on that  :hatsoff2:  

PS. thanks for the info 

I ran the allnighter and he never worked for me there. The last time he DJ'd for me was at Stafford. Now he might have done one of the soul nites there that Chris Anderton did, but not the allnighter.

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

I ran the allnighter and he never worked for me there. The last time he DJ'd for me was at Stafford. Now he might have done one of the soul nites there that Chris Anderton did, but not the allnighter.

Getting off thread here but Pat definitely did at least one allnighter at Bretby c. 1998, possibly the Chris King one with the free Marvin Gaye 45, Ivy Jo Hunter, etc. I never went to any soul nights there, only allnighters - maybe after your time Dave

Social source share

Pat Brady was at Bretby, and I'm sure it was a nighter - I could have sworn you were also there Dave, in the Modern room.

Edit - I bet it was the Chris King nighter (Now I've seen the above post)

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

P.s - Jimmie Reed Jr - Top tune, love it :wink: 

Edited by LEN
Social source share

I ran those with Chris, but as two of you say he was there, he must have done one, but it would only have been one. Regular DJ's were Butch, Chris King, Myself, Soul Sam, Bob Hinsley, Andy Rix (occasionally) and in the Modern Room Goucher, Soul Sam, Gavin Page, Polly, Richard Francis. plus Cliff Steel & Andy Whitmore from time to time

Social source share

I ran those with Chris, but as two of you say he was there, he must have done one, but it would only have been one. Regular DJ's were Butch, Chris King, Myself, Soul Sam, Bob Hinsley, Andy Rix (occasionally) and in the Modern Room Goucher, Soul Sam, Gavin Page, Polly, Richard Francis. plus Cliff Steel & Andy Whitmore from time to time

Cheers Dave - great nights, had some fantastic times there

Social source share

hi dave, probably chris's 40th birthday nighter, chris was buying a lot of stuff off pat around that time and d.j'd for pat a few times at the griffin nighter

Edited by trev thomas
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I remember Pat Brady dj'ing early doors at Bretby in July the year after the Chris King 40th birthday bash. You were there too Dave. There was a wedding reception on, so the allnighter didn't start until a bit later.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!