Silky Hargreaves

Guest rockcandy

Guest rockcandy

Does anyone know anything about Silky Hargreaves instrumental of "keep loving me like you do" on MSK Productions/Inc Disco - Tex circa 1975. It's been in my box for years but never sounded like the above, just played flip "you're too good to me baby" and lo & behold the labels have been stuck on back to front!!

Any info on the above would be appreciated.

Regards

Paul :wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know anything about Silky Hargreaves instrumental of "keep loving me like you do" on MSK Productions/Inc Disco - Tex circa 1975. It's been in my box for years but never sounded like the above, just played flip "you're too good to me baby" and lo & behold the labels have been stuck on back to front!!

Any info on the above would be appreciated.

Regards

Paul :wicked:

These previously unreleased instrumental cuts are kosher...MSK productions are related to Dearborn in some way.

My MSK 45 even came in a Dearborn sleeve!!!

Social source share

These previously unreleased instrumental cuts are kosher...MSK productions are related to Dearborn in some way.

My MSK 45 even came in a Dearborn sleeve!!!

MSK stands for Martin, Schneider and Kajeski, who owned M-S records, Detroit.

Chester J Kajeski owned the music publisher Chetkay, that published the Silky Hargraves tracks

(DBA CHETKAY Music Pub, 15401 Tirman, DEARBORN, MI)

Kool Kat records were a division of MSK productions, Detroit

Martin & Schneider also owned Marquee records, distributed by MSK productions.

Marquee & Dearborn were run out of the same building in Dearborn

M-S, Dearborn, Kool Kat & Marquee all have songs on them licensed from Chetkay

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

MSK stands for Martin, Schneider and Kajeski, who owned M-S records, Detroit.

Chester J Kajeski owned the music publisher Chetkay, that published the Silky Hargraves tracks

(DBA CHETKAY Music Pub, 15401 Tirman, DEARBORN, MI)

Kool Kat records were a division of MSK productions, Detroit

Martin & Schneider also owned Marquee records, distributed by MSK productions.

Marquee & Dearborn were run out of the same building in Dearborn

M-S, Dearborn, Kool Kat & Marquee all have songs on them licensed from Chetkay

What can I say...I knew it! That's a great piece of info Simon! Thanks.

Social source share

Guest rockcandy

Actually after another listen, it's a monster! :thumbsup:

Btw I'll be updating my swaps thread later.. :wicked:

post-2216-1195404791_thumb.jpg

i think this is going to be massive, i love it, the dog does'nt bark at it (& has'nt chewed it). when this starts going for single figures after i play it out in my front room, you'll be eating your words! Maybe i should have covered it under "Hilky Sargreaves" :ohmy:

Social source share

i think this is going to be massive, i love it, the dog does'nt bark at it (& has'nt chewed it). when this starts going for single figures after i play it out in my front room, you'll be eating your words! Maybe i should have covered it under "Hilky Sargreaves" :wicked:

Trying to remember how much Mick stealthed from me for this. :thumbsup:

Whatever it was, I'd take half that for it now. :ohmy::D

Social source share

Guest soul99 easylay

Actually after another listen, it's a monster! :thumbsup:

Btw I'll be updating my swaps thread later.. :D

post-2216-1195404791_thumb.jpg

It obviously isn't a patch on the smooth lovliness of the much better known version - but that said, if I'd have never heard the vocal version, I reckon I'd like the instrumental version even more (and I quite like it now actually) :lol:

Social source share

It obviously isn't a patch on the smooth lovliness of the much better known version - but that said, if I'd have never heard the vocal version, I reckon I'd like the instrumental version even more (and I quite like it now actually) :thumbsup:

Keep talking ... may actually pop this in swaps yet .. anything by Jackie Wilson I don't have ..

Social source share

Theres also a Buddy Lamp 70's track on this I think, has anyone heard that, any more details of the label and any other releases?

Hi Jock, For what it's worth....I have a Winnie Lampkin, 'Lucky Lady'/ 'Eyes of Love' on MSK 800, from 1980, Chetkay Pub'....solid Detroit credits too...Andre Williams, Johnny Griffin, Joe Hunter......nothing special though, not the last time I listened anyway.....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!