Vernon Garrett

Guest wigantojapan

Guest wigantojapan

hi

a wee bit info on this great sound please.

I read it was unissued till it was released in japan in 1995 on p vine.

it was then released on a kent cd forget the date.

so i have seen it on a modern and a stateside demo

price range from 25 -for a modern to 150 for a stateside,even manship sold for only 76 so whats going on.

cheers :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

hi a wee bit info on this great sound please. I read it was unissued till it was released in japan in 1995 on p vine. it was then released on a kent cd forget the date. so i have seen it on a modern and a stateside demo price range from 25 -for a modern to 150 for a stateside,even manship sold for only 76 so whats going on. cheers :thumbsup:

Issued on Modern 1026 in 1966 with You And Me Together as the flip.

Isn't there a later release with the instrumental on the flip on a green Modern label?

Social source share

hi

a wee bit info on this great sound please.

I read it was unissued till it was released in japan in 1995 on p vine.

it was then released on a kent cd forget the date.

so i have seen it on a modern and a stateside demo

price range from 25 -for a modern to 150 for a stateside,even manship sold for only 76 so whats going on.

cheers :thumbsup:

It was released in the Mid-Sixties on Modern label in the USA and Stateside label in the UK.

Great record, but its not rare on USA label, so does not fetch high price.

Its been on UK lists and in collections since the 60's, so the info you have read is not right.

Popular at Manchesters Twisted Wheel allnighters etc.

Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

It was released in the Mid-Sixties on Modern label in the USA and Stateside label in the UK.

Great record, but its not rare on USA label, so does not fetch high price.

Its been on UK lists and in collections since the 60's, so the info you have read is not right.

Popular at Manchesters Twisted Wheel allnighters etc.

anychance of someone posting images of an original and a boot please

thanks for everyones in put

Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

VERNON GARRETT

IF I COULD TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME

(D.Peoples)

Arranged by Arthur Wright,Produced by Richard Parker

YOU AND ME TOGETHER

(Garrett)

MODERN 1026

Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

Hi nik

I take it thats the original.

Can you possibly post a photo of the run out ,the matrix stamp number please.

How much is an american original cheers :lol:

Social source share

Simon Soussain boot I think, though it's conceivable the Biharis pressed it up for him legally, I doubt if we'll ever know!

Take it that the instrumental is actually taken from a master copy of the backing track, as (don't know if it's the same for Vernon Garrett), the same-looking boots of Lay This Burden Down by Mary Love have the instrumental which opens up with a great count-in (presumably Arthur Wright), clapping along as he shouts "1, 2, 1-2-3" - awesome!

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Take it that the instrumental is actually taken from a master copy of the backing track, as (don't know if it's the same for Vernon Garrett), the same-looking boots of Lay This Burden Down by Mary Love have the instrumental which opens up with a great count-in (presumably Arthur Wright), clapping along as he shouts "1, 2, 1-2-3" - awesome!

Yes, it is taken from a master copy of the backing track - undoubtedly the same one that I used when we put it on the Vernon CD, as a bonus track, a couple of years ago. Same with Mary.

I used to turn my nose up at these 45s all the time. Had them both on Stateside, wasn't interested in filling Soussan's pockets. Wouldn't mind owning both now, though.

Social source share

Any ideas on the price for a white demo? (USA)

Recently sold mine for £25 - was near mint, but had a bit of writing on the label. I'd say, realistically, £35 - £40 for a mint white demo (though one major dealer wants £75 for theirs!).

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Recently sold mine for £25 - was near mint, but had a bit of writing on the label. I'd say, realistically, £35 - £40 for a mint white demo (though one major dealer wants £75 for theirs!).

Cheers Gene.

Mine has writing on the lable too. Hmmmm

Social source share

• 5 years later...

I have the original, which I bought when it was out in 1966.  I never paid attention to the crossout before.  It had "MM-1026' first, and that was crossed out, and MM-1026-1 was added.  Whay did they bother to cross out the first one.  All they had to do was add the second dash and the one!  Bizarre!

I believe that the blue issue was a boot.  I don't think Modern had legit light blue pressings.

Social source share

I have the original, which I bought when it was out in 1966.  I never paid attention to the crossout before.  It had "MM-1026' first, and that was crossed out, and MM-1026-1 was added.  Whay did they bother to cross out the first one.  All they had to do was add the second dash and the one!  Bizarre!

I believe that the blue issue was a boot.  I don't think Modern had legit light blue pressings.

Thanks for confirming that  the cross out is on yours also Robb. I think that the reason was that there was an extra 0 (10026) in the crossed out first matrix number.

Edited by Millo
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!