Whats The Rarest Re-issue

Guest KEN-SOUL

Guest KEN-SOUL

It has crossed my mind several times, as to just which re-released track or tracks are the hardest to find, and most expensive. I have many of the old classics bought in the late 70's, so have a kind of interest. or are they all worth pennies?

Social source share

It has crossed my mind several times, as to just which re-released track or tracks are the hardest to find, and most expensive. I have many of the old classics bought in the late 70's, so have a kind of interest. or are they all worth pennies?

Sam Ward=Sister Lee....?

Most of em got smashed up in a raid on Selectadisc.

Social source share

Sam Ward=Sister Lee....?

Most of em got smashed up in a raid on Selectadisc.

No theres loads of those about Paul.

Rarest or rather most expensive at the moment sppear to be Yum Yums 1st press, Inspirations on Breakthrough and John & The Weirdest.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Are we talking boots here or the legal (ish) re-issues on Uk labels from 70's & 80's?

If boots, they have for me, no value at all.

Edited by John Al
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Are we talking boots here or the legal (ish) re-issues on Uk labels from 70's & 80's?

If boots, they have for me, no value at all.

He's on about boots, reissues, pressings - USA ones.

They make up most of my collection, sell the originals, keep the pressings. Very precious to me.

Except the UK's, obviously.

Social source share

In my experience the following boots (2nd issue) are the hardest to find and can fetch quite high prices

John & the Weirdest--Can't get over these memories--Tie

Del-Larks--Job opening---Queen City

Hebert Hunter---i ws born to love you----Spar

Eddie Paker---I'm Gone---Awake

Salvadors--Stick by me baby---wise world

Luther ingram--If its all the same to you--HIB green

Ronnie Mcneir--Isn't she a pretty girl---Deto

Damon Fox--Paking up---Fairmount

• Helpful 1
Social source share

No theres loads of those about Paul.

Rarest or rather most expensive at the moment sppear to be Yum Yums 1st press, Inspirations on Breakthrough and John & The Weirdest.

is the Inspirations classed as a boot,as its a new vocal.think there has been a thread on it.

jury still out or boot,any thoughts.

kev

Social source share

is the Inspirations classed as a boot,as its a new vocal.think there has been a thread on it.

kev

I'm not differentiating between bootlegs, official releases, they were just known as 'pressings' and The Inspirations was one such, at the time..

Social source share

kev

Its a legit issue by label owner Joey Jefferson of a late 70s remixed version of the track featuring Charles Diamond on vocals.I have it and woul never part with it,too me ages to get

Social source share

Its a legit issue by label owner Joey Jefferson of a late 70s remixed version of the track featuring Charles Diamond on vocals.I have it and woul never part with it,too me ages to get

have one in my box,always thought it was legit,always say its a 70s remix when I play it out,to keep the soul police happy :thumbsup:

as Pete says it was classed as a pressing back in the days.

kev

Social source share

I've got one of these on a dark blue label.Wouldn't sell it mind unless I could afford an original :lol:biggrin.gif:lol:

yeah,.me too,..and i,ve sold, 2 charles diamond on breakthrough and the yum yums on a.b.c. demo in the last few months also, Dena barnes if IYEWOML. as gone through ebay a bit silly lately also.. its on one site buy it now at 49.99

Jimmy Raye "just wait and see" very very hard now on u.k mafmon promo, does any body else have any of these now....(apart from me)... :thumbsup:

Social source share

"just another heaert ache" little ritchie i think on sound is there much off them going around?

post-11139-1238770808_thumb.jpg

sorry for 2 pics - learning the upload pics :thumbsup:

post-11139-1238770853_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

In my experience the following boots (2nd issue) are the hardest to find and can fetch quite high prices

post-11139-1238771126_thumb.jpg

i've got Herbert Hunter but i thought that was a common boot?

also Salvadors - blue label - common?

Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

Theres at least 3 pressings of Little Ritchie, the one above, one on 77 Records and one on Sound Plus (thats the first one)

I think mine was the sound plus one pete.I heard it on the main floor ar Wigan about 78-79 and went to the record bar and bought it there and then.

So is that a legit pressing or boot?

Social source share

Guest KEN-SOUL

cheers guys. i have herbert hunter, eddie parker, salvadors. i have never in all my time, seen a copy of maurice williams-being without you for sale. is this not rare, de-su?

Also, as an aside, isnt The Royal Vibes- "the wigan joker" not a collectors item? being the only record (that i know of) bearing the name "wigan" in its title?

Social source share

cheers guys. i have herbert hunter, eddie parker, salvadors. i have never in all my time, seen a copy of maurice williams-being without you for sale. is this not rare, de-su?

Also, as an aside, isnt The Royal Vibes- "the wigan joker" not a collectors item? being the only record (that i know of) bearing the name "wigan" in its title?

Maurice Williams got pressed twice, one was a counterfeit green label but with silver lettering instead of gold, second was a maroon label that looks nothing like the original. £10-£15 each.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I think mine was the sound plus one pete.I heard it on the main floor ar Wigan about 78-79 and went to the record bar and bought it there and then.

So is that a legit pressing or boot?

Sound Plus and 77 are definitely legit - not sure about the "white demo" Sound Stage 7 one. Probably not.

Social source share

Yes that one is rare and always has been. Another very rare one, I forget the artist, it's on the Goliath label - Nat something?

Nat T Jones-Moving Forward sold one last september again for 50 quid....had an original also...sold now.

Social source share

Guest gfarrington

Only ever seen one of those, ever. Didn't even know about it til it was showed to me, had an original with me and we compared them.

mine had hardly any run in

Social source share

That's Nat T Jones "Moving Forward".

I have two copies - but you're right Pete - very hard to come by.

Sean

I have the Nat T Jones also. What about Prince Phillip Mitchell B/W Benny Troy on Silver Top?

Social source share

QUOTE (gfarrington @ Apr 3 09, 08:51 PM) post_snapback.gifhow about, edward hamilton 'baby dont weep' on mary jane, coloured one not the black & white one

Pete S' date='Apr 3 09, 08:54 PM' post='1040528'

Only ever seen one of those, ever. Didn't even know about it til it was showed to me, had an original with me and we compared them.

What does this other pressing of it look like then compared to the original please? Didn't know about it either. Thought the boots were black and white and the originals were nashville stamped on vinyl with the red/white/blue label, with or without Mike Terry credit.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

What does this other pressing of it look like then compared to the original please? Didn't know about it either. Thought the boots were black and white and the originals were nashville stamped on vinyl with the red/white/blue label, with or without Mike Terry credit.

Cheers

Richard

Think the original has a Nashville Matrix stamp (sold it now so can't check), the colour boot has a wider label and no stamp.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!