Wide awake members may have noticed the announcement of a new 'online' uk based vinyl repair service recently in our Soul Markt Sales Forums here on Soul Source. Certainly, the post stirred my interest and would guess a few more members may have sat up and had a look
Vinyl Rescue UK is the name of the repair service and can be found online via its similar titled website (link below).
The website lets you know what it's all about with the opening line...
'We aim to improve the sound quality and visual appearance of your discs and bring the best out of the groove.
Yann aka @Yann V is the owner and the main man, I asked him for a quick word on whats it all about...
'My name is Yann Vatiste, I am the owner of Vinyl Rescue UK which has just opened in September 2020 based in London. Vinyl Rescue UK is an affordable record restoration solution for all your precious 7", 10", 12" vinyl that is in need of a little TLC! I am long time collector & deejay myself and I have a real passion for vinyl restoration.'
On the website you can find all the various repair technical details and methods, all set out in an organized manner along with images and such of the equipment used in the repairs.
The main services advertised are
• Scratch Repair
• Click & Pop Removal
• Skips & Jumps Resolved
• Warps Flattened Out
• Deep Ultra-sonic Cleaning
To make use of Vinyl Rescue Uk services.. plus the initial thrust can all be done without leaving Soul Source!
- Get in touch via email or by phone firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone07515 355 433 or here on soul-source messenger @Yann V
- Send us photos, videos or soundfiles if you can
- Send us your record(s) by post (recorded delivery)
- We will get in touch and you will receive a quote
- Repair will be done, You will get a report
- We’re sending your record back to you (recorded delivery only 1st class sign for of special delivery with or without insurance)
- If you are happy with the repair, then you can process payment via paypal or bank transfer
Well as I said the original post stirred my interest and after reading the post I enquired about their 'Flattening Service' and after getting instructions sent off a quite badly warped 45.
A few days later I got it back, the warp was not completely gone but the 45 plays fine with hardly no up/down movement, and was more than happy, It was a low three figure value 45 and so the cost of £12 plus postage for a 'upgraded' 45 was a hit with me.
Photo of the 45 'before'
Photo of the 45 at the same angle 'after'
Certainly, much much better results than any of the various diy methods that I have used in the past. So I would suggest that if you do have any damaged vinyl then it may just be worth giving them a tap to see if can help.
You can find the Vinyl Rescue Uk site over at https://www.vinylrescueuk.com/