The Legendary TWISTED WHEEL SUNDAY SOUL SESSION on
This event is now over
6 Whitworth St, Manchester, M1 3QW
Music styles: Wheel Classics 1963-71, Motown, RnB, Northern Stompers
THE Birthplace Of Northern Soul.
**SUNDAY SOUL SESSION** presented by resident DJ's Pete Roberts and John Green with guest DJ's Nick Marshall and 'Jock' Heron.
NB. Due to phenomenal support this is now a 3 roomed event - Downstairs Stageroom, Dorothy's Chill-Out Bar and Upstairs Main Bar & Dance Floor. Therefore, there's plenty of room for the dancers amongst you ...
3pm-8pm £5 pay on the door.
Accommodation is available at Hotel International (http://www.thehoteli...national.co.uk/), managed by Jorge and Julian (who also own The Wheel). Discounted rates are available.
Please contact Les on 0161 236 1010 and mention The Wheel.
Discounts apply to ANY Friday or Sunday Soul Session.
For more details and photos from recent events:-
or email: email@example.com
Future Dates:- Friday 29th June, Sunday 8th July, Friday 27th July.
Please support the Save The Twisted Wheel Campaign by objecting to the proposed planning application to demolish The Twisted Wheel and replace it with a 330 room hotel.
The Twisted Wheel is one of the mile stones of our musical heritage in the U.K, so please, let's try and keep it that way. Please give your support to this campaign.
1. Register and post a public comment on the Public Access site, objecting to the demolition plans for the Wheelhttp://pa.manchester....pe=Application
2. Compose a "letter of objection" to Motel Ones plans and send it to Manchester City Councils Case Officer (John Kelsey) for the planning application, his e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Send a "letter of objection" to all these councillors listed below. They are the councillors who will sit at the planning meeting (penciled in for the 28th June).If you have previously e-mailed any of them just copy them in anyway to remind them.
Thank you for your email, as requested please find enclosed the Members of the Planning and Highways Committee email address's.
Governance and Scrutiny Support Team
Manchester City Council
Manchester M60 2LA
If anyone needs any help to compose a letter (please make it individual and personal to have the most impact) use some of these Guidance notes
Guidance for a formal letter of objection to the planning application.
A full and comprehensive letter should include some if not all of the following.
A. Quote planning reference number, brief details of the proposal name of the applicant.....099250/FO/2012/C2
B. Base your arguments on known facts.
C. Be as brief, specific and concise as possible
1 Development Plans for Manchester, Core Strategy (CS) Local Development Frame work (LDF), National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF)
2. Special designations... Conflict of conservation area....Over shadowing a Grade11* listed building, Damage to historic or architecture
3. Loosing socially beneficial uses i.e The Wheel and Legends. The loss of community both locally and the greater national Soul coumminty .....
4. Site considerations....... Excessive bulk or scale..... Introducing unnatural features........ Incompatible with the design of existing buildings....
5. Blocking natural daylight..Shadows cast by such a structure.approx 150ft in hight....
6. Better alternative sites available i.e fire station abandoned by Britannia Hotels
7. Adverse effects on local economy and business i.e job losses,business closeures including a hotel other hotels.loss of business.
8. Loss of the many thousands visitors who travel from over the U.K and Europe to visit the Home of Soul in the U.K the oldest, the first and the Last surviving 60s Club in its original surroundings is The Twisted Wheel.
On behalf of Save The Twisted Wheel campaign
Pete Roberts.Note: this is now a stripped down post-event display