Jump to content
cover photo

NEW CENTURY SOUL @BURY TOWN HALL

  

   soul event

Allnighters
calvinlee
   (1 review)

NEW CENTURY SOUL @BURY TOWN HALL on

This event is now over

NEW CENTURY SOUL ALLNIGHTER @ BURY TOWN HALL

3 ROOMS OF THE VERY BEST IN SOUL MUSIC 

DJ LINE UP 

MAIN ROOM 

RESIDENTS: ANDY DYSON, ANDY GARSIDE, CALVIN HUGHES AND COLIN JAMES 

JOINED BY GUESTS: 

CHRIS KING, JOHN PHILLIPS, JORDAN WILSON AND SARAH JANE 

ROOM 2 "UNDERPLAYED CUTS" THE KENWOOD SUITE 

RESIDENTS: BOB HISNLEY , SIMON INGHAM, LENNY DOBSON, ROBBO AND MICK HOWARD 

JOINED BY GUESTS:

PETE HOLLANDER AND KEITH WILLIAMS 

ROOM 3 SOMETHIN' ELSE 

BARRY MAY, PETE HAIGH,PAUL HAWKINS,BILL WILDMAN & BAZ MALEADY

Note: the above is a stripped down post-event display


Event Reviews and Comments

The Event Review Section

Current:
   (1 review)

Sign Up or Sign In to leave a review.

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Scotters

  

Only my second time to Bury, really like the venue and all three rooms, slightly different from last year & better for it I thought. Always a good sign walking up and seeing lots of people outside early on and once inside soon got busy in all rooms, more than I thought it would for the time of year but just right with nice ebb & flow on the dancefloors + not too loud, which some places can be to my ears.

A fair few familiar faces from Northants and Beds etc also had a good night.. and a good hard dance judging by how many changes of shirt I clocked one or two people made! Apart from sneaking out for some chips I spent most of the night dancing and nattering in the Kenwood Suite, nicely that bit darker, great spots by everyone in there and also from all djs in the main room and modern room from what I could hear and see. That main room dance floor is just lovely and great bar in there too + upstairs.

Thanks everyone and to Len again for sorting the hotel, very handy that, right next door. Cheers. Will be back next year for sure:thumbsup:

Share this review


Link to review


Event Comments Section

Recommended Comments

Well, it's 3 weeks away and I'm already starting to get excited. 

It is the only allnighter on the 29th, so far, so hopefully not too many people are on holiday (except for Lenny, let's hope he is :thumbsup:) to make it a packer!

Remember this could be the only Bury until Christmas!!!!

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 7/7/2017 at 08:53, Andrew Z Jackson said:

Well, it's 3 weeks away and I'm already starting to get excited. 

It is the only allnighter on the 29th, so far, so hopefully not too many people are on holiday (except for Lenny, let's hope he is :thumbsup:) to make it a packer!

Remember this could be the only Bury until Christmas!!!!

Um, I'll be there! :huh:

Len :thumbsup:

Share this comment


Link to comment

Bury Town Hall NCS Allnighter

Well only just over a week to go now and with no other nighters in the SS calendar (so far) we're looking forward to a busy night. Hopefully some soul fans who haven't ventured to Bury so far will be tempted to come and give it a go, a great venue with 3 rooms to go at so something for most, if not all tastes!

In the Kenwood suite this month we're proud to have guests Pete Hollander and Keith Williams

Should be a ball

See you there :thumbup:

Edited by eddiefoster

Share this comment


Link to comment

Gutted I'm working all weekend.  Hate missing any CIS venues from when they very first started all those years back.  Try not to have too much fun without me :(

Steve 

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 21/07/2017 at 08:33, eddiefoster said:

Bury Town Hall NCS Allnighter

Well only just over a week to go now and with no other nighters in the SS calendar (so far) we're looking forward to a busy night. Hopefully some soul fans who haven't ventured to Bury so far will be tempted to come and give it a go, a great venue with 3 rooms to go at so something for most, if not all tastes!

In the Kenwood suite this month we're proud to have guests Pete Hollander and Keith Williams with Bury resident Matt Sneath taking his turn behind the decks with us.

Should be a ball

See you there :thumbup:

Looking good for next week in the Kenwood Suite,quality tunes guaranteed with that line up!!!

Share this comment


Link to comment

NCS Bury Town Hall - Kenwood Suite

Here's the line up for Room 2 next Saturday folks (subject to usual disclaimers) 

Warm-Up (21:30 - 22:30)

Bob Hinsley (22:30 - 23:15)

Simon Ingham (23:15 - 00:00)

Keith Williams (00:00 - 00:45)

Lenny Dopson (00:45 - 01:30)

Mick Howard(01:30 - 02:15)

Pete Hollander (02:15 - 03:00)

Robbo (03:00 - 03:45)

Matt Sneath has been seconded to the main room this month so we'll have to wait til a later date to see what he's got for us :thumbsup:

Share this comment


Link to comment

1 week to go and it's looking like it's going to be a busy one! a nighter to suit all musical tastes you'd be daft to miss this 

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, calvinlee said:

1 week to go and it's looking like it's going to be a busy one! a nighter to suit all musical tastes you'd be daft to miss this 

I'm daft :rofl:

Steve 

Share this comment


Link to comment
24 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

I'm daft :rofl:

Steve 

Tell us something we did'nt know Steve :thumbup:

Share this comment


Link to comment

Lenny, Looking forward to seeing you. Missed my southern friend who gets it.

Not sure what to bring The Times or the Sun. 

It would be the Daily Sport if it were still published. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
46 minutes ago, Andrew Z Jackson said:

Lenny, Looking forward to seeing you. Missed my southern friend who gets it.

Not sure what to bring The Times or the Sun. 

It would be the Daily Sport if it were still published. 

I remember reading The Daily Sport - 'London bus found on moon' on the way home from a nighter (Did my head in!) 

See you on the dance floor - Dancing or reading, as long as you're on it, that's all that matters! :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

5974fe8787a8b_100ClubA.thumb.JPG.2798ca0da5a96a4a77cc31158efd9db9.JPG

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 23/07/2017 at 20:59, LEN said:

I remember reading The Daily Sport - 'London bus found on moon' on the way home from a nighter (Did my head in!) 

See you on the dance floor - Dancing or reading, as long as you're on it, that's all that matters! :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

5974fe8787a8b_100ClubA.thumb.JPG.2798ca0da5a96a4a77cc31158efd9db9.JPG

Such a great photo of Andrew 'enjoying' Lennys spot at the 100 club - best bit is that Len had no idea it had happened, just show you how much attention we DJs pay to the dancefloor lol :rofl:

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, eddiefoster said:

Such a great photo of Andrew 'enjoying' Lennys spot at the 100 club - best bit is that Len had no idea it had happened, just show you how much attention we DJs pay to the dancefloor lol :rofl:

Yeah could just imagine this spinning on the decks :D

 

Share this comment


Link to comment

I'm gonna go through me records tonight, and I'll post a couple up on here tomorrow.......If anybody's interested :D

Len :thumbsup:

Share this comment


Link to comment

DJ TIMES FOR MAIN ROOM THIS SATURDAY 

9-10 Andy & Calvin 

10-11 Sarah Jane

11-12 Jordan Wilson 

12-1 Chris King

1-2John Philips

2-3 Andy Dyson

3-4 Colin James 

4-5 Matt Sneath 

5-6 Andy Garside 

6-7 Calvin Lee Hughes 

 Please NOTE as of November 2017 we will be closing at 6am 

Share this comment


Link to comment

Looking forward to a blast out at Bury with Len & Co this weekend and no rush back the next day either:thumbsup:

...that's LEN & Co, not Legs & Co...though I'm sure I had a good dream about that idea once after seeing them on TOTP as a young teen:D

Edited by Scotters

Share this comment


Link to comment
16 hours ago, LEN said:

I'm gonna go through me records tonight, and I'll post a couple up on here tomorrow.......If anybody's interested :D

Len :thumbsup:

I didn't get round to trawling through my records last night. Silly me, 'Midsummer Murders' was on the telly - Can't miss that :excl:

But here's a couple I have in mind for 'The Kenwood Suite'

See you on the dance floor!

Len :thumbsup:

An absolute Classic - 'The Exits - Another Sundown In Watts'

 

A Tape Swappers Fave - 'Gene And Eddie - It's No Sin'

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
22 minutes ago, eddiefoster said:

NCS BURY TOWN HALL - KENWOOD SUITE

A few potential spins from me (more to come)

 

 

Long time no hear for Jimmy Robbins,staying in the same vein!!

 

Share this comment


Link to comment

We've gone TECHNICOLOR for Somethin' Else this Saturday...some VERY interesting tuneage lined up, get set to move your feet to the beat :thumbup:  

 

Sometin Else Color.jpg

Edited by BazM

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 26/07/2017 at 16:23, BazM said:

We've gone TECHNICOLOR for Somethin' Else this Saturday...some VERY interesting tuneage lined up, get set to move your feet to the beat :thumbup:  

 

Sometin Else Color.jpg

Baz, I will be in there as soon as Lenny is on. 😟

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 26/07/2017 at 16:21, micksmix said:

Long time no hear for Jimmy Robbins,staying in the same vein!!

 

Mick, looking forward to your spot again. Excitement building. 💪

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 25/07/2017 at 15:17, micksmix said:

Yeah could just imagine this spinning on the decks :D

 

🤣🤣🤣

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 25/07/2017 at 21:57, Scotters said:

Looking forward to a blast out at Bury with Len & Co this weekend and no rush back the next day either:thumbsup:

...that's LEN & Co, not Legs & Co...though I'm sure I had a good dream about that idea once after seeing them on TOTP as a young teen:D

Scotters, will be great to see you again after the 100 club.

Looking forward to it.

Seems strange that you and have dreams with Lenny in them. We must talk in more detail. See you on the night 

Edited by Andrew Z Jackson

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 26/07/2017 at 11:06, LEN said:

I didn't get round to trawling through my records last night. Silly me, 'Midsummer Murders' was on the telly - Can't miss that :excl:

But here's a couple I have in mind for 'The Kenwood Suite'

See you on the dance floor!

Len :thumbsup:

An absolute Classic - 'The Exits - Another Sundown In Watts'

 

A Tape Swappers Fave - 'Gene And Eddie - It's No Sin'

 

The only detective I can imagine you conmected with Len, is in a dirty, stained flasher Mac. 💦

Share this comment


Link to comment

Yeah nearly weekend, deffo a something for all tastes all nighter and the only one this weekend!! Aiming to get there nice and early to get a parking spot :wink:

Share this comment


Link to comment

Always a great night at Bury Town Hall 

Looking forward to hearing what the boys in the Kenwood Suite are going to conjure up this month and I'm sure the Main Hall men and Baz and the boys in Somethin Else will do the business as usual............spoilt for choice and that's how it should be :thumbup:

Share this comment


Link to comment
19 hours ago, Andrew Z Jackson said:

Baz, I will be in there as soon as Lenny is on. 😟

Look forward to seein' you Mate...and dont blame ya :thumbsup:

Share this comment


Link to comment

Thanks everyone for posting I have now found a way (well been told :wicked:) that I can sign in via Facebook as yet again I have forgotten my password :yes: I so dislike all these passwords ..... :rofl:

Well its here time to dust down them dancing shoes, pack the bag and GET SET BE READY ....... to PARTY 

Slight change in set up tonight any  :

DOOR ISSUES see Denise North :wicked:

MAIN HALL see Andy Dyson :lol:

KENWOOD SUITE see Simon Ingham :thumbup:

SOMETHIN ELSE see Baz Maleedy :thumbup:

WANT TO PARTY see ME :yes: 

Now all I need to do is see if Lenny`s shirt is going to clash with my attire :wicked: 

 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 27/07/2017 at 17:54, Andrew Z Jackson said:

Baz, I will be in there as soon as Lenny is on. 😟

Looks like Baz has finally lost it and decided to turn his efforts to an Eddie Cochran tribute night .....

She's sure fine lookin man 😂 

Share this comment


Link to comment

Well what a corker of a Nighter we all had at Bury on Saturday, with each room being busy all night and the atmosphere was out of this world. 

The hard work that Barry and Simon (and their posse) have put in over this last year in the Somethin Else and Kenwood Suite is certainly paying off with people traveling far and wide to be there.

Thank you all I know I wouldn't have got through this last year without your support and commitment to Bury. 

I will be posting up some of the great feedback we have received on FB 

This first one is from Sarah Jane, a young woman who travelled up from London, to do her first dj spot in the Main Hall on Saturday, and what a great spot she did, was beautiful to watch her behind the decks dancing, singing totally enjoying her time there. 

Thank you for accepting the DJ spot and doing a great job, so glad you had a great time Sarah Jane   

OH MY GOD. Feel so happy! Not felt like this in ages. Just got back to Les' after an absolutely AMAZING nighter at Bury. Thank you SO much for having me. It's been months since I've been so warmly welcomed as soon as I've arrived at a venue for the first time. Soon as I put the stratoliners on I felt so at ease with the crowd. Spent the rest of the night dancing and chatting with some of the loveliest people I've got the pleasure of calling my mates. Literally overwhelmed by the love and support you've all gave me last night when I truly needed it the most; never felt so comfortable within my surroundings and that's such an amazing feeling - danced my fucking ass off and was NOT ready for it to finish at 7am. Take me back!! Feel blessed to have such colourful and enriching people in my life. The musical quality was sky high and was so similar to the sounds heard at Burnley which was insane. 3 rooms all full all dancing.

 

Edited by Marcelle1

Share this comment


Link to comment

Paul Dodd Firstly it was unfortunate I missed the first few hours as I was in Wolverhampton but as soon as I walked in I could hear some quality choons being played in the big room. So after meeting up with friends & doing the catching up I got on the dance floor at 3am at the start of Colin James spot, then Matt Sneath continued to play some amazing stuff! Andy Garside & Calvin Lee Hughes came on for last 2 spots & just kept it coming!
I know I didn't stop many times till 7am. So good was the music being played!
So I got 4 hours of quality I've seen the comments & heard so many folk say I'd missed loads too & others saying how good the other rooms had been as well.
I couldn't get off the floor long enough to go in the other rooms!
Thank you Marcelle Waterman for a blinding night I loved it!
I did a count & 27 people were still on the floor around me at 7am! How many venues have been on this weekend & would have loved that many coming in through the door? Testament to the fact you're getting it right, bit of a wait for the next one but it's in the diary now!! 1f609.png😉 x

Edited by Marcelle1

Share this comment


Link to comment

Top Top night a privilege to be a part of it, a plaster cast on my left hand couldn't keep me away, made for an interesting 45 minutes behind the decks though lol. Yeah every room was buzzing on the night and some quality tunes played (what's not to like) Looking forward to boxing night already. My playlist from The Kenwood Suite below, would love to see some of the other DJ's selections!!

Buddy Lamp "save your love" Wheelsville
Fabulous Apollos "determination" Valtone
John Bowie "you're gonna miss a good thing" Merben
Little Dooley "you twine so fine" Baylor
Larry Davis "I've been hurt so many times" Kent 
Shirley Wahls "because I love you" Calla 
The Gambrells "you better move" Carla 
September Jones "I'm coming home" Kapp 
Lee Brackett "Ruby" Excello 
Rudy Love "suffering wrath" Canyon 
Connie Austin "she made a mistake" King 
The Limitations "I'm lonely" Bacone 
Delegates of Soul "I'll come running back" Uplook
Bottom and Company "gonna find a true love" Motown
The Philharmonics "I need I need Your love" Soulin
Paul Sindab "I was a fool" Powertree
Liz Verdi "think it over and be sure" Columbia
The Accents "who you gonna love" One-Derful
  

Share this comment


Link to comment
3 hours ago, micksmix said:

Top Top night a privilege to be a part of it, a plaster cast on my left hand couldn't keep me away, made for an interesting 45 minutes behind the decks though lol. Yeah every room was buzzing on the night and some quality tunes played (what's not to like) Looking forward to boxing night already. My playlist from The Kenwood Suite below, would love to see some of the other DJ's selections!!

Buddy Lamp "save your love" Wheelsville
Fabulous Apollos "determination" Valtone
John Bowie "you're gonna miss a good thing" Merben
Little Dooley "you twine so fine" Baylor
Larry Davis "I've been hurt so many times" Kent 
Shirley Wahls "because I love you" Calla 
The Gambrells "you better move" Carla 
September Jones "I'm coming home" Kapp 
Lee Brackett "Ruby" Excello 
Rudy Love "suffering wrath" Canyon 
Connie Austin "she made a mistake" King 
The Limitations "I'm lonely" Bacone 
Delegates of Soul "I'll come running back" Uplook
Bottom and Company "gonna find a true love" Motown
The Philharmonics "I need I need Your love" Soulin
Paul Sindab "I was a fool" Powertree
Liz Verdi "think it over and be sure" Columbia
The Accents "who you gonna love" One-Derful
  

Me to Mick though some DJs tell me that they don't like putting up their full lists, but will put up a selection. I will get onto the MH DJs and ask them to do this. 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment

That was fortunate Mick, Chris King had posted his up on my timeline.

Chris King

· 23 hrs ·
 

Fantastic night at bury. I tried a totally diferent spot as the crowd attending are a more All nighter Crowd to some of the venues I do, and demand a harder all nighter play list. Cant wait to get back there soon, if I passed the audition.

All the djs I heard between 10.00 and 3.00 played awesome spots and I'm sure that the guys on latter followed suit.

A FEW THINGS I PLAYED.

BACK STREET. DETROIT RHYTHM SECTION
WHERE DID YOU GO. FAYE HILL... SHRINE UNRELEASED MASTER.
SAMMY TURNER... NOT MY GIRL.
RICHARD STREET.. CRYING IN THE NIGHT.
IMPERIAL C'S. SOMEBODY TELL HER.
LITTLE RICHIE. JUST ANOTHER HEARTACHE.
SAM FLETCHER. I'D THINK IT OVER.
ROBERT THOMAS.. SALVATION.
BARBARA LYNN. IM A GOOD WOMAN.
TRUE TONES. HES GOT NERVE.
POOKIE HUDSON. THIS GETS TO ME.
SOUL COMMUNICATORS. THOSE LONELY NIGHTS.
SAM MOULTRIE. ILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU.
EXSAVEYONS. I DONT LOVE YOU NO MORE.
JIMMY FRASER. HOPES,DREAMS AND TOMBSTONES.
CARLA THOMAS I'LL NEVER STOP LOVING YOU.
ANN SEXTON. YOU HAVE BEEN GONE TOO LONG
GRACE LOVE. FIRE.
ALBERT WASHINGTON. IM THE MAN.
THE PRECISIONS. IF THIS IS LOVE.
AL WILSON. HELP ME.
THE ORIGINALS. SUSPICION.
GLADYS KNIGHT IF YOU EVER GET YOUR HANDS ON LOVE.

Share this comment


Link to comment

I'm just about back in the land of the living. Another nights sleep should do it 1f642.png:-)
Excellent night at Bury, spoilt for choice for which room to go in, I spent most of it in the Modern room which was bouncing all night.

The most disappointing part of the morning was walking in to the main room while Calvin Lee Hughes was dj'ing and just hearing the last few seconds of Big Lee Dowell and The Cannonballs "What I Done Wrong" . Maybe next time 1f642.png:-)

...

Lots of usual faces and many more, speaking to a couple who had travelled up from Ilfracombe, and Trevor Wright from Somerset.

See you all Boxing Night.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!


×