Jump to content

cover photo

Grumpy Soul - Deeside

Soul Nights
Philt
   (7 reviews)

Grumpy Soul - Deeside

 Share
Followers 0

Event Information

Type: Soul Night

Date:

Venue: Mccleans Bar

Town/City:  Deeside Postcode: CH5 2DA

Event Details

grumpy september 17.jpg

Mccleans Bar - Deeside Event Map

           

Deeside Venue Address:

Mccleans Bar
Chemistry Lane, Deeside, CH5 2DA, United Kingdom

Contact the venue / club

Please contact the venue / club to confirm address & all event details before travelling
 Share

This event is now over
   (7 reviews) (32 comments)      Use tabs below to view/post reviews

Members Comments Source

Recommended Comments

Four weeks to go until session number two at the 'new' club then. First one was brilliant and packed-out; looks like this will be too. Mr Manship guesting this time out and he usually throws a couple of curve balls so looking forward to that. Us usual suspects filling in the gaps.

We spent a morning checking and bashing the brains out of our revitalised sound system at the weekend - not that we're excited, obsessive or anything - and, without wanting to jinx the blighter, it sounded absolutely banging so that's good news.

More to follow in due course.

See you down there

Phil 

Edited by PhilT
  • Up vote 1
Link to comment

Yep, four weeks until our next installment :thumbup:

The new gear sounded absolutely amazing when we tested it last week, seriously can't wait. Here's details for a few hotels for anyone wanting to stay over. We're a stones throw from Chester so why not make a lovely day / weekend of it! 

Gateway to Wales Hotel 0.9 miles from venue

The Coach House 1.4 miles from venue 

Village Hotel, Chester St Davids 1.8 miles from venue 

Holiday Inn, A55 Chester West 2.9 miles from venue

Northop Hall Country House Hotel 3 miles from venue

 

Edited by jumpinjoan
  • Up vote 1
Link to comment

Great time last Saturday morning testing out the new gear :hypo: ! Always a pleasure to help out & sounded feckin awesome the clarity at the volume we had it was amazin , yr gonna blow the bloody roof off .  Really enjoyed watching yous twos strictly come dancing audition :facepalm: ! lol Unfortunately didn`t get video evidence so that i could bribe you both in exchange for records off mi wants list ! lmho :D . Really looking forward to getting down to this one at the new diggs would come to em all but due to other commitments , unfortunately  doesn`t make it possible , which you know . See you on the 2nd if not before :shades:

  • Up vote 2
Link to comment

Thanks for all your help Bob :thumbup:

You went above and beyond sorting the club for the sound check, forgot all about our strictly debut :lol:

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Anyone still need directions to the old grumpy venue. :rofl:

Joan . Phil and the gang.  Just double checked work planner and I'm definitely playing out.  Yippee nearly cancelled holiday because it clashed with your opening night but the threat of death off Lou changed my mind. So this is my opening night.  Bring it on.  

Steve 

  • Up vote 3
Link to comment

Cheers Bob and Steve, great that you can make it. You'll love the venue, proper old school, perfect for Grumpy. 

We always welcome record dealers but as there's no longer an orangery, if you could please let us know if you'll be bringing anything more than a small box we'll get you set up :thumbsup:

A little over two weeks to go then, can't wait :thumbup:

Edited by jumpinjoan
  • Up vote 1
Link to comment

Back off my hols and really looking forward to Saturday week. Mr Manship's up for it too it seems so looking good.

For anyone thinking of giving it a whirl for the first time there's no free CDs, gym, spa or tai chi facilities I'm afraid, plus youre not gonna cop for a night load of the same records you'll hear everywhere else either. 

So, to avoid confusion and disappointment, all you'll get for your six quid is a dark, hot n sweaty room (old skool I think the kidz'd call it), seven hours of proper records, a quality sound system, a good dance floor and (hopefully) a room full of like minded people who think it's worth travelling from all over for.

Oh aye, there's also a slightly sinister mechanical cat which spins while 'singing' Dana's all kinds of everything. Bargain!

Edited by PhilT
  • Up vote 4
Link to comment
On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 21:06, PhilT said:

Back off my hols and really looking forward to Saturday week. Mr Manship's up for it too it seems so looking good.

For anyone thinking of giving it a whirl for the first time there's no free CDs, gym, spa or tai chi facilities I'm afraid, plus youre not gonna cop for a night load of the same records you'll hear everywhere else either. 

So, to avoid confusion and disappointment, all you'll get for your six quid is a dark, hot n sweaty room (old skool I think the kidz'd call it), seven hours of proper records, a quality sound system, a good dance floor and (hopefully) a room full of like minded people who think it's worth travelling from all over for.

Oh aye, there's also a slightly sinister mechanical cat which spins while 'singing' Dana's all kinds of everything. Bargain!

A slightly sinister cat, sounds like a lost episode of The Twilight Zone (let's hear it for The Astors) what ever next a female Doctor Who !

Link to comment

Right then, only a week to go and I'm chomping at the bit. Heading down from Perthshire with Haydn and Alice in tow (who themselves are making the trek from Aberdeen). 

So who else is coming?

 

Tell you what Phil, if you can throw some toilets with in built water feature, I think you may have created Utopia:lol: 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, DDe said:

Tell you what Phil, if you can throw some toilets with in built water feature, I think you may have created Utopia:lol: 

Checked and 'The Priest' haven't been back in the interim Dale so expect the full Rocco Forte experience :thumbsup: 

Be great to see you mate

Link to comment
On 31/07/2017 at 18:32, PhilT said:

Four weeks to go until session number two at the 'new' club then. First one was brilliant and packed-out; looks like this will be too. Mr Manship guesting this time out and he usually throws a couple of curve balls so looking forward to that. Us usual suspects filling in the gaps.

We spent a morning checking and bashing the brains out of our revitalised sound system at the weekend - not that we're excited, obsessive or anything - and, without wanting to jinx the blighter, it sounded absolutely banging so that's good news.

More to follow in due course.

See you down there

Phil 

Mr T 

See your back playing the vinyl ,hard habit to kick may try and get up to see you

Best 

Tom  hall

Edited by Big tony
Link to comment

Just back from my holiday,looking forward as ever to Grumpy and a night of top quality soul music!!

  • Up vote 2
Link to comment

C ya tomoz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excited :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

 

 

 

  • Up vote 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

C ya tomoz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excited :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

 

 

 

Be really good to see you Mark!

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, calvinlee said:

How excited am I on a scale of 1 - 10.. a very strong 14 see ya's later :thumbup:

See you later youth 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment

Unfortunately gonna miss my fave Soul night, just back off holiday with loads to do and to top it all have man flu, feel like sh*t :(

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, chalky said:

Unfortunately gonna miss my fave Soul night, just back off holiday with loads to do and to top it all have man flu, feel like sh*t :(

Gutted you can't make it Chalks.

Get well soon mate ( It'll be due to the fact that parts of your anatomy other that your right forearm copped for direct sunlight :lol:)

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, PhilT said:

Gutted you can't make it Chalks.

Get well soon mate ( It'll be due to the fact that parts of your anatomy other that your right forearm copped for direct sunlight :lol:)

all that fresh air not good for you :lol:

Link to comment

Bugger....we missed it with family stuff on this week.When or what is the next date so we can put it in our diary please? :)

Edited by Mod4Ever
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Mod4Ever said:

Bugger....we missed it with family stuff on this week.When or what is the next date so we can put it in our diary please? :)

No dates confirmed as yet. We're onto it though; might squeeze one in before Christmas, will see how it goes. Really depends on calendar, work commitments etc.

Will be more in 2018 for sure so hope to see you. Watch this space. 

Cheers

Edited by PhilT
  • Up vote 1
Link to comment

Absolutely gutted to miss what would have been my first venture into the dark world of the new grumpy soul venue  at deeside.  Had a suprise 60th for a old friend which I couldn't miss. Joan.  Phil and the gang looking forward to seeing the dates for the next instalments so i can make my longer than expected return to what surely is the best of the best that soul can offer. 

Steve 

  • Up vote 2
Link to comment

Fantastic night from start to finish , crackin gaff , far better than Runcorn imho , easy to find & what an atmosphere ! Fantastic ,  sound system was out of this world & the music was just pure Class . Not experienced a night  like that in a long time the place was bouncing . Congratulations Phil & Joan thoughly enjoyed mi sel :thumbup:

20170903_000143.jpg

20170903_013645.jpg

20170903_003940.jpg

20170903_000030.jpg

20170903_000221.jpg

20170902_224816.jpg

20170903_000016.jpg

  • Up vote 2
Link to comment
On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 12:51, PhilT said:

No dates confirmed as yet. We're onto it though; might squeeze one in before Christmas, will see how it goes. Really depends on calendar, work commitments etc.

Will be more in 2018 for sure so hope to see you. Watch this space. 

Cheers

Thanks for the reply Phil,will keep 'em peeled for any future dates.Cheers 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment

Enjoyed sat and the one before big thanks to Phil and Joan and gang , was a little difficult  for me listening  to stuff I no longer have but I just have to snap out of it what's gone has gone including that one lol  ,good news is I have started again :) what a time to start again mad as a brush 

Anyway was a great night as always with the grumpy gang

  • Up vote 2
Link to comment

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Log in to Soul Source

Jump right back in!

Log in now!


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.