source content cover image

Twisted Wheel All Nighter - Manchester


 Manchester

Allnighters
John Green profile photo

Twisted Wheel All Nighter

This Manchester Allnighter music event has now ended

Event Information

Event Type: Allnighter

Event Date & Time:

Venue Name: The Twisted Wheel Club

Event Location:  Manchester   M1 6DD

Event Description

To Celebrate 18 Years Since It's Re-Opening

*** ALL NIGHTER ***

105-107 Princess Street, Manchester, M1 6DD

Playing Wheel Classics 1963-71, Motown, RnB, Northern Stompers.

With resident DJs Pete Roberts, John Green, Jock Heron and guest DJs:-

PETE ROBERTS, JOHN GREEN, JOCK HERON,

JOHN KANE [BBC Radio], ANDY SCOFFIN, DEREK SMILEY.

Since Whitworth St, The Twisted Wheel has moved to it's new residence at 105-107 Princess St, Manchester, M1 6DD

Perfectly suited to The Wheel's music policy (Wheel Classics in the Main room and ATB in room 2), this is a cellar club with 2 rooms, 2 fantastic sound systems, air conditioning, separate toilet facilities and reasonable bar tariff.

10pm-6am, £10 pay on the door.

For more details and photos from recent events:-

http://twistedwheel.net

or email: twistedwheel@tiscali.co.uk

Future Dates:- Sunday 8th July, Sunday 29th July, Sunday 12th August.

The Twisted Wheel Club - Manchester Event Map


Manchester Venue Address:

The Twisted Wheel Club
105-107 Princess Street, Manchester, M1 6DD, United Kingdom

Contact the venue / club

Please contact the venue / club to confirm address and event admission details before travelling

Social Soul - Spread the event word!


Twisted Wheel All Nighter Event Comments & Reviews

Hit the down arrow below to switch 0 reviews / 32 comments

32 comments
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted

IF EVERYBODY WHO SAYS THAT THEY ARE COMING TO THE WHEEL ALL-NIGHTER ON FRIDAY 6th JULY IT'S GOING TO BE A PACKER!!

IT'S THE ONE THAT SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE ASKED FOR, AND YESTERDAY THE CLUB WAS BUZZING WITH PEOPLE TELLING ME THAT THEY HAVE ALL READY BOOKED THEIR HOTELS AND ARE COUNTING THE WEEKS DOWN TO THE BIG NIGHT!!!

Pete Roberts.

 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted

SORRY THE POST SAYS IT'S £5 POUNDS ON THE DOOR IT'S NOT!!! 

IT'S £10 POUNDS ON THE DOOR!! 10pm till 6am.

Pete.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted (edited)

CELEBRATING 18 FANTASTIC YEARS OF THE TWISTED WHEEL CLUBS RE-OPENING!!

WHAT A WHEEL WEEKEND:-

FRIDAY 6TH JULY - THE TWISTED WHEEL CLUBS **ALL-NIGHTER**. 10PM TILL 6AM.

AND OUR FANTASTIC

SUNDAY AFTERNOON SOUL SESSION - SUNDAY 8TH JULY, 3PM TILL 8PM.

Pete.

Edited by Pete Roberts

Share this comment


Link to comment
John Green profile photo

Posted

TW_All_Nighter.jpg.1c69fa1249cd956daaabb1796752944d.jpg

Share this comment


Link to comment
John Green profile photo

Posted

TW_Anniversary.thumb.jpg.72fdae0e3e96d1ee1459beedf9b35baa.jpg

Share this comment


Link to comment
dogsbody profile photo

Posted

I'm glad to see that one of the DJs is an original. The famous Desmond Smiley.

Share this comment


Link to comment
John Green profile photo

Posted

HIGH QUALITY EMBROIDERED "TWISTED WHEEL CLUB ALL-NIGHTER" BADGES. HAVE BEEN MADE AND WILL BE ON @ JUST £4 EACH.

Badge.JPG.fc0bb996791887797dbf6561248ed388.JPG

Share this comment


Link to comment
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted

IT'S GONNA BE A BIG THING!!!

Share this comment


Link to comment
DNJ profile photo

Posted

Pete is it not ticket only ? 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted

Hi DNJ

NO YOU CAN PAY ON THE DOOR!!

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE?

Pete.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted

YES, FRIDAY THE 6th JULY, SEES THE TWISTED WHEEL CLUB ALL- NIGHTER IN MANCHESTER.

I SPOKE TO LOADS OF PEOPLE AT THE BLACKPOOL SOUL FESTIVAL WHO TOLD ME THAT THEY CAN'T WAIT FOR IT!! AND THAT PLANE TICKETS AND HOTELS ARE BOOKED, WITH LOTS COMING FROM BELFAST TO JOIN EVERYBODY ELSE ON THE NIGHT.

CHRIS TELLS ME THAT TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE AT THE CLUB ON SUNDAY AND ARE AVAILABLE TO BUY ON LINE IF YOU WISH.

Pete Roberts.

Share this comment


Link to comment
John Green profile photo

Posted (edited)

NOT TO BE MISSED!

2035125228_AllNighterFlyer.thumb.jpg.37de046062cc54d09b76893059d5284f.jpg1316445194_WheelBlackpoolDJFlyer.thumb.jpg.d3a8a84c662d57c99977b0ffe787b122.jpg

 

 

Edited by john green

Share this comment


Link to comment
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted

NOT LONG TO GO NOW!!!

BIG BRETT, JOHN & ALAN ARE PAYING £300 POUNDS FOR A RETURN TAXI FROM SHEFFIED TO BE WITH US FOR THE LONG AWAITED ALL NIGHTER!!!

DUE TO PUBLIC DEMAND TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE TODAY AT THE CLUB.@ £10 POUNDS.

Pete.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, john green said:

NOT TO BE MISSED!

2035125228_AllNighterFlyer.thumb.jpg.37de046062cc54d09b76893059d5284f.jpg1316445194_WheelBlackpoolDJFlyer.thumb.jpg.d3a8a84c662d57c99977b0ffe787b122.jpg

WHAT A TWISTED WHEEL CLUB SOULFUL WEEKEND,  WE HAVE IN JULY FOR YOU IN THIS UNIQUE  60's GRITTY BASEMENT CLUB IN MANCHESTER.

 

 

Edited by Pete Roberts

Share this comment


Link to comment
Smileys profile photo

Posted

Really cant wait for this, for me its the fruitition of I think 4 years hard work to get the Twisted Wheel established in folks mind. That it didnt end when Whiteworth street closed. Today it really is mind blowing, got its own identity at Princess Street. Hats off to the mighty Pete Roberts, Jock John Chris and all the lovley folks who have suppirted its 4th cellar. Someone put i sas an original wheeler, wish i was , me big bro went and him and his mates brought the atgmosphere to this 15 year old at our house on sundays lol. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted (edited)

JUST A WEEK TO GO NOW FOR THE TWISTED WHEEL CLUBS LONG AWAITED  " ALL-NIGHTER "

Edited by Pete Roberts

Share this comment


Link to comment
Tim Blowers profile photo

Posted

23 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

JUST A WEEK TO GO NOW FOR THE TWISTED WHEEL CLUBS LONG AWAITED  " ALL-NIGHTER "

we will see you there Pete, Buxton crew coming 

Share this comment


Link to comment
dogsbody profile photo

Posted

On 28/06/2018 at 18:02, Smileys said:

Really cant wait for this, for me its the fruitition of I think 4 years hard work to get the Twisted Wheel established in folks mind. That it didnt end when Whiteworth street closed. Today it really is mind blowing, got its own identity at Princess Street. Hats off to the mighty Pete Roberts, Jock John Chris and all the lovley folks who have suppirted its 4th cellar. Someone put i sas an original wheeler, wish i was , me big bro went and him and his mates brought the atgmosphere to this 15 year old at our house on sundays lol. 

No amount of hard work can turn this place into the TWISTED WHEEL, because the the club you're talking about closed for good in 1971 (nearly 50 years ago).

I believe you old revivalists should have a a little more imagination when naming your new venue. The Twisted Wheel was of an era (and youth movement) that has has long gone. And naming any new venture like this "The Twisted Wheel", does not and never will make it so.

  Since the '70s Manchester has given us  - Punk, new wave, The Hacienda and it's attendant rave scene, Oasis, Morrisssey & The Smiths, Shaun Ryder and The Happy Mondays.

 I think you should let youth culture make it's own way, as it always has, and let the name of the Twisted Wheel rest in dignity.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted (edited)

On 01/07/2018 at 06:23, dogsbody said:

No amount of hard work can turn this place into the TWISTED WHEEL, because the the club you're talking about closed for good in 1971 (nearly 50 years ago).

I believe you old revivalists should have a a little more imagination when naming your new venue. The Twisted Wheel was of an era (and youth movement) that has has long gone. And naming any new venture like this "The Twisted Wheel", does not and never will make it so.

  Since the '70s Manchester has given us  - Punk, new wave, The Hacienda and it's attendant rave scene, Oasis, Morrisssey & The Smiths, Shaun Ryder and The Happy Mondays.

 I think you should let youth culture make it's own way, as it always has, and let the name of the Twisted Wheel rest in dignity.

 

On 01/07/2018 at 06:23, dogsbody said:

No amount of hard work can turn this place into the TWISTED WHEEL, because the the club you're talking about closed for good in 1971 (nearly 50 years ago).

I believe you old revivalists should have a a little more imagination when naming your new venue. The Twisted Wheel was of an era (and youth movement) that has has long gone. And naming any new venture like this "The Twisted Wheel", does not and never will make it so.

  Since the '70s Manchester has given us  - Punk, new wave, The Hacienda and it's attendant rave scene, Oasis, Morrisssey & The Smiths, Shaun Ryder and The Happy Mondays.

 I think you should let youth culture make it's own way, as it always has, and let the name of the Twisted Wheel rest in dignity.

YOUR RIGHT THE TWISTED WHEEL CLUB DID CLOSE ITS DOORS IN 1971.

BUT BY THE ABADI BROTHERS THEMSELVES AND NOT BY THE POLICE!

SIMPLY, BECAUSE IT WASN'T VERY WELL ATTENDED NEAR THE END.

SO HOW DARE OF ME TO CALL IT THE TWISTED WHEEL CLUB!

IT WAS IN THE ORIGINAL CLUB BUILDING AND ATTENDED BY A LOT OF THE ORIGINAL WHEEL MEMBERS, SO WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM ?????

YOU WON'T BE COMING ANYWAY!!!

I REOPENED THE TWISTED WHEEL CLUB ON 6th JULY 2000,

AND YES, THAT'S A FULL 18 YEARS!! OF 1000's PEOPLE ENJOYING THEMSELVES!! 

YES I COULD CHANGE THE CLUB'S NAME BUT WHY SHOULD I?

AND EVEN IF I DID IT WOULD STILL BE FULL!!

WHY DON'T YOU TRY TO OPEN A CLUB WITH ALL YOUR IDEAS?? ........

AND YOU COULD CALL IT "THE BITTER AND TWISTED CLUB"

Pete Roberts

Edited by Pete Roberts
  • Up vote 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Tim Blowers said:

we will see you there Pete, Buxton crew coming 

Hi TIM 

Looking forward to seeing you and The Buxton Crew on Friday night at the Wheel.

It should be a packer with people traveling from everywhere - BELFAST - BRADFORD - BLACKBURN - CREWE - STOKE - SHEFFIELD - & MODS FROM ITALY .

Pete.

Edited by Pete Roberts
  • Up vote 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted

not long to go now with two fantastic wheel sessions this weekend

Share this comment


Link to comment
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted

I SPOKE TO BBC RADIO JOHN KANE YESTERDAY ON THE TELEPHONE ABOUT THE WHEEL ALL-NIGHTER ON FRIDAY NIGHT.

JOHN TOLD HOW MUCH HE AS BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO IT, AND JOHN HE WILL BE ON IN THE MAIN ROOM AT 11-12 DOING A FANTASTIC TWISTED WHEEL SET.

IT'S GOING TO BE A PACKER!!!!!

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL ON FRIDAY.

Pete.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Tim Blowers profile photo

Posted

cheers Pete 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted (edited)

 Twisted Wheel all-nighter tomorrow night, not to be missed to celebrate 18 continuous years of this fantastic 60's club also what a fantastic weekend we've got here with a Sunday Soul Session as well.

Hoping to see you all tomorrow night and like I've said Sunday as well.

Pete Roberts.

Edited by Pete Roberts

Share this comment


Link to comment
Back Street Blue profile photo

Posted

On 01/07/2018 at 06:23, dogsbody said:

No amount of hard work can turn this place into the TWISTED WHEEL, because the the club you're talking about closed for good in 1971 (nearly 50 years ago).

I believe you old revivalists should have a a little more imagination when naming your new venue. The Twisted Wheel was of an era (and youth movement) that has has long gone. And naming any new venture like this "The Twisted Wheel", does not and never will make it so.

  Since the '70s Manchester has given us  - Punk, new wave, The Hacienda and it's attendant rave scene, Oasis, Morrisssey & The Smiths, Shaun Ryder and The Happy Mondays.

 I think you should let youth culture make it's own way, as it always has, and let the name of the Twisted Wheel rest in dignity.

Too young to go to the Original Wheel but went regularly to the Revived Wheel from it opening in 2000 until Whitworth Street closed.

Only Wheel sounds were played and in the original club, we loved it.

I also used to frequent the Hac.

You're entitled to your opinion but how does holding a soul night at an original venue for people who love the sounds from that club make any difference to the culture of youths?

 

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted (edited)

Well its the Big Night!!.....

It's finally arrived...

It's The Twisted Wheel clubs ALL-NIGHTER

You'll be hearing the records that made The Twisted Wheel Club in Manchester so famous and educating the masses into doing what you're doing today.

It's going to be a fantastic night !!

If you have never experienced a Wheel All-Nighter in the 60's then here is your chance. 

Looking forward to seeing you all tonight in our unique 60's Basement Club.

Pete.

 

Edited by Pete Roberts

Share this comment


Link to comment
John Green profile photo

Posted

Another Night Not To Be Missed:-

Mojo-31st-August-Friday.thumb.jpg.65e92a4d67d156cef49e90e51f0a4d83.jpg

Share this comment


Link to comment
Pete Roberts profile photo

Posted (edited)

just a couple of hours to go now for our all nighter and strictly NO admission after 2 a.m.

looking forward to seeing you all.

Pete Roberts

Edited by Pete Roberts

Share this comment


Link to comment
Smileys profile photo

Posted

Well said everybody, and  lol Dogsbody are you the same nut who stalks me on youtube, with your nonsense, they had to block you in the end, says it all, for the record the Twisted wheel was a bike club, so whats your problem, you get some dignity, stop been so bitter and go and do whatever you do in peace. The club is so strong, that we dont care what you think, , ive never seen it so strong, check the fruit, packed every other Sunday, the club is thriving, attracting folks from all over the world, There were people there from France, Italy, Germany and Southern Ireland on Friday at the allnighter...all excited about The Twisted Wheel, well done Pete Roberts and good company xxx Just ask Simon Curden one of the most respected people on the NS allnighter scene, he gets the Wheel, infact bloody loved it x

IMG_8296.JPG

IMG_8307.JPG

IMG_8309.JPG

10933754_972269516124957_3857107277867507365_n.jpg

  • Up vote 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Smileys profile photo

Posted

On 21/05/2018 at 20:37, dogsbody said:

I'm glad to see that one of the DJs is an original. The famous Desmond Smiley.

lol not quite Mark but looove Djing with em ..back at the printworks charity gig end August, reminds me of the nutty sweat box in Cambridge but thousands there and raised for charity, come along my friend, you would love it, xxx

Share this comment


Link to comment
dogsbody profile photo

Posted

4 hours ago, Smileys said:

lol not quite Mark but looove Djing with em ..back at the printworks charity gig end August, reminds me of the nutty sweat box in Cambridge but thousands there and raised for charity, come along my friend, you would love it, xxx

 

On 09/07/2018 at 00:40, Smileys said:

Well said everybody, and  lol Dogsbody are you the same nut who stalks me on youtube, with your nonsense, they had to block you in the end, says it all, for the record the Twisted wheel was a bike club, so whats your problem, you get some dignity, stop been so bitter and go and do whatever you do in peace. The club is so strong, that we dont care what you think, , ive never seen it so strong, check the fruit, packed every other Sunday, the club is thriving, attracting folks from all over the world, There were people there from France, Italy, Germany and Southern Ireland on Friday at the allnighter...all excited about The Twisted Wheel, well done Pete Roberts and good company xxx Just ask Simon Curden one of the most respected people on the NS allnighter scene, he gets the Wheel, infact bloody loved it x

IMG_8296.JPG

IMG_8307.JPG

IMG_8309.JPG

10933754_972269516124957_3857107277867507365_n.jpg

 

On 09/07/2018 at 00:40, Smileys said:

Well said everybody, and  lol Dogsbody are you the same nut who stalks me on youtube, with your nonsense, they had to block you in the end, says it all, for the record the Twisted wheel was a bike club, so whats your problem, you get some dignity, stop been so bitter and go and do whatever you do in peace. The club is so strong, that we dont care what you think, , ive never seen it so strong, check the fruit, packed every other Sunday, the club is thriving, attracting folks from all over the world, There were people there from France, Italy, Germany and Southern Ireland on Friday at the allnighter...all excited about The Twisted Wheel, well done Pete Roberts and good company xxx Just ask Simon Curden one of the most respected people on the NS allnighter scene, he gets the Wheel, infact bloody loved it x

IMG_8296.JPG

IMG_8307.JPG

IMG_8309.JPG

10933754_972269516124957_3857107277867507365_n.jpg

 

4 hours ago, Smileys said:

lol not quite Mark but looove Djing with em ..back at the printworks charity gig end August, reminds me of the nutty sweat box in Cambridge but thousands there and raised for charity, come along my friend, you would love it, xxx

I don't stalk anybody on Youtube, but it's quite possible that I'm a nut. I can't quite figure that one out myself, so no offence taken. If it's anything like the Sweatbox up the Dot, then you're onto a winner. That one is in the dim and distant past, but I do have happy memories (probably warped by time) of it.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Smileys profile photo

Posted

lol keep winning soul bro x

Share this comment


Link to comment

Soul Source Event Guide
Get involved!

Comment, review or add club events now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of all the event guide features

Log in now!

Related Soul Music Links





×
×
  • Create New...

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.