Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Burscough Legion, Simon Ingham, Robbo, Kev J - Burscough


  Lord Street  - Burscough   L40 4BZ   GB   english soul event

Soul Nights
brookesy
   (2 reviews)

Burscough Legion, Simon Ingham, Robbo, Kev J

Event Information

Burscough British Legion, Lord Street, Burscough, Lancs L40 4BZ.

Saturday 25th August 2018 and every 4th Saturday of the month throughout 2018!

Now in our 11th fantastic year, Burscough Legion brings you the sounds that others cant-----rarer and underplayed tunes, monster oldies, bangin' R&B, funky soul, cool crossover and a slice of modern....plus much more!

Different guest DJs each month, a different mix of sounds every time!

This Months Guest DJs are Simon Ingham, Robbo and Kev Jenkins joining Brookesy on the decks.

8pm till 1am, entry is just £5 on the door.

Venue Map


Venue Address

Lord Street, Burscough, England, L40 4BZ, United Kingdom

Contact the venue

Please contact the venue to confirm event and admission details before travelling

Members Comments

Hit the down arrow below to switch 2 reviews / 34 comments

Recommended Comments

The next Burscough British Legion soul night takes place on Saturday 25th August with guest DJs Simon Ingham, Robbo and Kev Jenkins. Three guests with great collections, a top night guaranteed.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Really looking forwards to getting behind the decks again at Burscough, always have a great night there whether DJing or as a punter 👍👍

Now where's my playbox gone?? 😆

Share this comment


Link to comment

This will be another awesome night at Burscough, I'm never disappointed at this venue, the line up could be a lot better, though Kev and Brookesy will save the night; but its who you're with that makes all the difference on the night.

 

Edited by Andrew Z Jackson

Share this comment


Link to comment
7 hours ago, Andrew Z Jackson said:

This will be another awesome night at Burscough, I'm never disappointed at this venue, the line up could be a lot better, though Brookesy will save the night; but its who you're with that makes all the difference on the night.

 

 

I'm guessing you'll be sat on your own in a drk corner as usual then Drew :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

 

no Curtis Lee for you :rofl:

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, eddiefoster said:

 

I'm guessing you'll be sat on your own in a drk corner as usual then Drew :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

 

no Curtis Lee for you :rofl:

 

 

Roses are red violets are blue

I know you love Mick - but I'll have to do 😍

Share this comment


Link to comment
13 hours ago, eddiefoster said:

 

Roses are red violets are blue

I know you love Mick - but I'll have to do 😍

hahaha Earnestine Eady for me mate

Share this comment


Link to comment
9 hours ago, micksmix said:

hahaha Earnestine Eady for me mate

 

Every time 👍

And this - so you can dance rather than stand behind the decks bobbing 😁

 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, eddiefoster said:

 

Every time 👍

And this - so you can dance rather than stand behind the decks bobbing 😁

 

 

Class mate,don't play any of Robbo's though haha

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 19 August 2018 at 15:03, Andrew Z Jackson said:

This will be another awesome night at Burscough, I'm never disappointed at this venue, the line up could be a lot better, though Brookesy will save the night; but its who you're with that makes all the difference on the night.

 

Thank you for the kind comment Mr Jackson........we managed to scrape together this dj line up after numerous rejections from other people so we'll have to make the best of it I suppose.......

See you on Saturday. 😁

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, brookesy said:

Thank you for the kind comment Mr Jackson........we managed to scrape together this dj line up after numerous rejections from other people so we'll have to make the best of it I suppose.......

See you on Saturday. 😁

 

That's it Tony - keep a positive spin on things and then just get legless anyway is my advice 😆🤣👍

Share this comment


Link to comment

That's the spirit. Just do your best. That's all anyone can ask.

I've spoke to Kev and he's putting in a lot of extra effort on carefully choosing the selections for his sets,

so hopefully the tunes will be up to standard.  

Share this comment


Link to comment
54 minutes ago, Dothe45 said:

Can’t wait for Simons set    Earnestine Eady. Curtis Lee  and maybe. The Admirations for good measure  yyyyyes 

 

Requests taken willingly - it's the square wooden thing we're there for aren't we 👍

Share this comment


Link to comment

Both top tunes Simon, and 'Don't leave me' just as good. But, has to 'You left me' for the decks, because of its rarity. Can't wait to hear some of your other big hitters on Saturday.

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, CarlF said:

Both top tunes Simon, and 'Don't leave me' just as good. But, has to 'You left me' for the decks, because of its rarity. Can't wait to hear some of your other big hitters on Saturday.

 

See you there Carl 👍

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 hour ago, Dothe45 said:

Yeah 2 great tracks from the Admirations 

See you Saturday Dave

Share this comment


Link to comment
6 hours ago, Dothe45 said:

Yeah 2 great tracks from the Admirations 

 

And a third possibility 😁👍

 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
2 hours ago, eddiefoster said:

 

And a third possibility 😁👍

 

 

Good stuff Simon I’ll make sure my dancing shoes are polished up 

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, Dothe45 said:

Good stuff Simon I’ll make sure my dancing shoes are polished up 

Got this every collection should have one can only dream of owning The Admirations/Aspirations!!

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 21/08/2018 at 20:04, brookesy said:

Thank you for the kind comment Mr Jackson........we managed to scrape together this dj line up after numerous rejections from other people so we'll have to make the best of it I suppose.......

See you on Saturday. 😁

 

On 19/08/2018 at 22:34, eddiefoster said:

 

I'm guessing you'll be sat on your own in a drk corner as usual then Drew :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

 

no Curtis Lee for you :rofl:

 

Brooksey makes me sit in the dark, he says with a face like mine I scare the other punter off, so i have to sit in the naughty corner!

Besides, when you have both pupils the size of Jupiter then its the best place to be when you don't have any sun glasses.  

Share this comment


Link to comment
1 minute ago, Andrew Z Jackson said:

 

Brooksey makes me sit in the dark, he says with a face like mine I scare the other punter off, so i have to sit in the naughty corner!

Besides, when you have both pupils the size of Jupiter then its the best place to be when you don't have any sun glasses.  

Curtis Lee .......... who's he anyway? Does he go to Burscough? 😉 

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 19/08/2018 at 22:36, eddiefoster said:

 

Roses are red violets are blue

I know you love Mick - but I'll have to do 😍

Grass is green the sky is blue

The above statement is ever so true

But all in all

Lets get this clear

Mick's a better DJ than all of you.............................  shed a tear........................................except for 'Our Bob'

Share this comment


Link to comment
23 hours ago, micksmix said:

Got this every collection should have one can only dream of owning The Admirations/Aspirations!!

 

On 19/08/2018 at 22:34, eddiefoster said:

 

I'm guessing you'll be sat on your own in a drk corner as usual then Drew :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

 

no Curtis Lee for you :rofl:

 

 

On 19/08/2018 at 22:36, eddiefoster said:

 

Roses are red violets are blue

I know you love Mick - but I'll have to do 😍

Green Onions for me please, I know its in your box eddiefoster

Share this comment


Link to comment
On 22/08/2018 at 18:40, Dothe45 said:

Can’t wait for Simons set    Earnestine Eady. Curtis Lee  and maybe. The Admirations for good measure  yyyyyes 

You know what means Eddiefoster..... you will have to bring Mark Bicknalls box with you......................... 

Share this comment


Link to comment

Joking aside, we are really looking forward to tomorrow night at the Legion--three DJs with fabulous collections, the playlist will be hard to beat anywhere this Bank Holiday weekend!

DJ times are below, hope they're ok for everyone.

8--8.45. Brookesy

8.45--9.15. Kev Jenkins

9.15--9.45. Robbo

9.45--10.15. Simon Ingham

10.15--11. Kev Jenkins

11--11.45. Robbo

11.45--12.30. Simon Ingham

12.30--1. Brookesy

See you all on Saturday!

Share this comment


Link to comment

Already up and looking forward to tonight. We'll be their early doors. I'll be celebrating, so might have a few beers for a change.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
7 hours ago, CarlF said:

Already up and looking forward to tonight. We'll be their early doors. I'll be celebrating, so might have a few beers for a change.

 

Didn't know it was a celebratory evening, Carl....is it your birthday, lad?

Anyway, we're all set up for tonight at Burscough Legion--the sound checks done and all is fine so we'll see you all a bit later.

Share this comment


Link to comment

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Sign Up

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links





×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.