Jump to content

Bury Town Hall Virtual Allnighter Live Special

    

Online Events
Eddiefoster

Bury Town Hall Virtual Allnighter Live Special

Bury Town Hall Virtual Allnighter

There will be a brand new Bury Virtual All-Nighter on the last Saturday of every month until the soul scene live events are back up and running again and in the mean time there will be the odd unique event!

This week is a short special where we'll be continuing to test our ability to transmit live from the decks via Mixcloud only and anything could happen............

join us at https://mixcloud.com/live/bury_virtual_allnighter/

  • Up vote 3

Recommended Comments



Hey folks - this Saturday we'll be transmitting live from the BVAN studio

Simon Ingham & Mick Howard will be driving the decks from 19:00 'til 21:00 and we'll be joined with sets from Soul Source and BVAN regular Tom 'Becket' Howard and Bury regular Stuart Cheetham...

Please, please join us on Mixcloud at https://mixcloud.com/live/bury_virtual_allnighter/

The show will NOT be broadcast on Radioking this week (due to the technical challenges of going live on 2 fronts) as we continue to try out the Mixcloud format; but the chatroom will be open there for you all to join for business as usual - we'll post some instructions here over the next couple of days on how to listen and join in the chat - it is straightforward (honest)

Edited by Eddiefoster
  • Up vote 6
  • Listening 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Looking forward to the live feature on saturday,plenty of banter and quality tunes. A welcome return for Stuart Cheetham who has some amazing records and Becket AKA Tom Howard providing top notch guest spots. I hope you can join us the mixcloud site is really easy to use,Simon will be posting instructions before the event,just follow the link above!!

  • Up vote 4
Link to comment

Something for the weekend nice one BVAN Team always pushing it forward never back. Count me in and will spread the word 👍🎶🎶🎶

  • Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

For some reason, when I get onto mixcloud, within several seconds I lose it and it says "something went wrong" try again???? Any ideas guys??

Link to comment
Just now, Wilxy said:

For some reason, when I get onto mixcloud, within several seconds I lose it and it says "something went wrong" try again???? Any ideas guys??

will look into it for you Wilxy - are you using phone or computer?

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Eddiefoster said:

will look into it for you Wilxy - are you using phone or computer?

Anyone else listening on a chromebook who can help Wilxy?

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Wilxy said:

For some reason, when I get onto mixcloud, within several seconds I lose it and it says "something went wrong" try again???? Any ideas guys??

Have you registered with mixcloud? Pretty certain you only have to supply an email address

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Micksmix said:

Have you registered with mixcloud? Pretty certain you only have to supply an email address

Try a different browser, download opera maybe and try that. 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Chalky said:

Try a different browser, download opera maybe and try that. 

I'm registered, as I can access it intermittently, and was on there this afternoon, whilst Simon was doing a test run, but then get the message something went wrong as it disappears? I have tried to download firefox, but google chrome won't have it??

Even tried my apple I-Pad but it also says firefox is incompatible?

Link to comment

Have now tried several different alternative apps.......All denied by chrome....😖

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Wilxy said:

I'm registered, as I can access it intermittently, and was on there this afternoon, whilst Simon was doing a test run, but then get the message something went wrong as it disappears? I have tried to download firefox, but google chrome won't have it??

Even tried my apple I-Pad but it also says firefox is incompatible?

If using your iPad just use the mix cloud app. Don’t need a browser

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Hi Wilxy,

 I have just tried 2 different live broadcasts via Chrome and both started fine.  It sounds as though something in the chrome settings may be throwing you out.  It may be worth just deleting then reinstalling it.

Link to comment

I have gone through all of the online advice courtesy of mixcloud, and I definitely have an account, and I CAN get onto mixcloud no problem, however when I go through the BVAN portal that Simon has put above, I get in initially , then get the same something went wrong message comes up. So how do I get into it via the main mixcloud site?????

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Wilxy said:

I have gone through all of the online advice courtesy of mixcloud, and I definitely have an account, and I CAN get onto mixcloud no problem, however when I go through the BVAN portal that Simon has put above, I get in initially , then get the same something went wrong message comes up. So how do I get into it via the main mixcloud site?????

Maybe try live streams at the bottom right of the page,when the stream goes live either on a test broadcast or tomorrow night at 7pm 

Link to comment

We will definitely be spending our Saturday night listening/dancing either to mixcloud or the king radio loop.

Top sounds and plenty of information thrown in. Had a history lesson thanks to Lenny last week....found out that the joy tones this love was put out again as the love potions.

Many thanks, (jacko's significant other) !!

 

 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Thejackos said:

We will definitely be spending our Saturday night listening/dancing either to mixcloud or the king radio loop.

Top sounds and plenty of information thrown in. Had a history lesson thanks to Lenny last week....found out that the joy tones this love was put out again as the love potions.

Many thanks, (jacko's significant other) !!

 

 

You can only hear it on mixcloud for Saturday live event 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Wilxy said:

I have gone through all of the online advice courtesy of mixcloud, and I definitely have an account, and I CAN get onto mixcloud no problem, however when I go through the BVAN portal that Simon has put above, I get in initially , then get the same something went wrong message comes up. So how do I get into it via the main mixcloud site?????

Are you going to mixcloud via the internet or have you downloaded the app from google store?

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Chalky said:

Are you going to mixcloud via the internet or have you downloaded the app from google store?

Hiya Chalky, You might as well be asking Donald Trump to vacate the Whitehouse, please elaborate? I believe it i got into It via the internet.....Sorry Bud, I can go so far, but hit brick walls easier.....

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment

Hi everyone Hope you're all well,  I used to listen weekly to Richard Searling on Mixcloud and after a few months I was mysteriously bumped off,  would try to get back on and then received an email saying " you have used up your free air time and a fee was required to continue listening,  so I stopped. 

Was this Mixcloud or a Wanker trying to scam me,  I have downloaded the Official App some time ago but hav'nt been on for a while so hopefully tomorrow it will be OK, stay safe everybody, Dave

  • Up vote 2
Link to comment

Evening all and hoping everyone is ok out there. Here comes Bury to bolster us up through another strange month. Really looking forward to this one, Mick & Simon doing us all proud. Go Stu & Go Tom, Bring on the magic.👍

  • Up vote 4
Link to comment

Morning everyone,

Honoured to be part of BVA's new trial format on Mixcloud.
I have a brand new show of 25 carefully selected 45's for your delectation.
Looking forward to catching up with everyone from around 7pm this evening.

SIMON & Crew: just one quick question  - just the Mixcloud Chatroom this eve only ?

Kind regards,     Tom.

  • Up vote 3
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Becket said:

Morning everyone,

Honoured to be part of BVA's new trial format on Mixcloud.
I have a brand new show of 25 carefully selected 45's for your delectation.
Looking forward to catching up with everyone from around 7pm this evening.

SIMON & Crew: just one quick question  - just the Mixcloud Chatroom this eve only ?

Kind regards,     Tom.

Yes Mixcloud chatroom for the show Tom

Link to comment
13 hours ago, Happy Feet said:

Hi everyone Hope you're all well,  I used to listen weekly to Richard Searling on Mixcloud and after a few months I was mysteriously bumped off,  would try to get back on and then received an email saying " you have used up your free air time and a fee was required to continue listening,  so I stopped. 

Was this Mixcloud or a Wanker trying to scam me,  I have downloaded the Official App some time ago but hav'nt been on for a while so hopefully tomorrow it will be OK, stay safe everybody, Dave

As far as I am aware there is no limit on listening time except you can only listen to one show three times in a two week window.  

14 hours ago, Wilxy said:

Hiya Chalky, You might as well be asking Donald Trump to vacate the Whitehouse, please elaborate? I believe it i got into It via the internet.....Sorry Bud, I can go so far, but hit brick walls easier.....

an app is something dedicated to one product or site, in this case mixcloud, if there is one it will be in your google play store.  The link is below for mixcloud, give it a try and see if it is available for the Chromebook.....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mixcloud.player

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment

Cheers Chalky that could have been the reason , I was listening to all Richards programs and some over 2 nights , I'll be there tonight 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment

Are we live yet on Mixcloud anyone ?
Logged in, getting BVA screen saying on line 3m ago.
BUT "buffering" with big circle going round & round.

T.

Link to comment

Oi !! I Heard that.. Quick.. Security to the cloakroom - security to the cloakroom.. Somalian Invaders trying their luck lol

Link to comment
Just now, Becket said:

Are we live yet on Mixcloud anyone ?
Logged in, getting BVA screen saying on line 3m ago.
BUT "buffering" with big circle going round & round.

T.

Stick with it,did this last week initially 

Link to comment

Wow the graphics on the screen is like the dashboard on The Star Ship Enterprise,,,,,,  Beam me up Simon,,,,, 

  • Up vote 4
  • Listening 1
Link to comment

Wow the graphics on the screen is like the dashboard on The Star Ship Enterprise,,,,,,  Beam me up Simon ,,,,

How do I Find the Cartoon? 

Cartoon,,,  Chat room predictive text idiot 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment

evening   miixcoud is loud and clear   200 listeners so far  the message is growing   BURY VAN  standing tall boys  love it 

 

Mx

 

  • Up vote 2
Link to comment

Well that was good , I mean really good ,hope you all agree,  cheers Simon,  once I got over the teething problems,  found the chat room brilliant,  absolutely Soulblime 

  • Up vote 5
Link to comment

Many thanks everybody,it makes it all worthwhile. So glad you enjoyed our selections and occasional gaffs,that's live broadcast and I think it was a resounding success. Keep pushing forward everybody,enjoy your weekend!! 

  • Up vote 5
Link to comment

A big thank you to Simon & Mick for letting me be part of their Live Mixcloud show last night.
AND an even bigger one to all the folks for their kind comments for my selection of music that I played.
Here is a list for anyone interested.........................

Margie Joseph - I'll always love you.
George Jackson - I don't have the time to love you.
Exits - Under the streetlamp.
Volumes - It's the same old feeling.
Jo Armstead - A stone good lover.
Composers - Let's get to the point.
Alex Brown - What would you do.
Andre Scott - Cry in the arms of another love.
Eula Cooper - Try.
Bobby Womack - Trust me.
Supurbs - Only for lovers.
Tomorrow's Men - Who's that lady.
Soulful Illusion - Searching for love.
Carletts - Lost without your love.
Bobby Williams - It's all over.
Jo Anne Garrett - Whole new plan.
Annabelle Fox - Lonely girl.
Johnny Truitt - Just the other day.
James Taylor - Love with hope.
Lovettes - I need a guy.
Skip Jackson - Promise that you'll wait.
Charades - Never set me free.
New Holidays - Maybe so, maybe no.
Masqueraders - How big is big.
Mickey Stevenson - I stand blue.

My kinda music - all that I can say !

Great music also from everyone else involved over what was quite a night I thought.

Best regards,     Tom.

 

  • Up vote 6
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

looks like i,m saying goodnight to myself again. Great night people Thanks

Nice to see normal service resumed my friend (is there an echo LOL?)

  • Up vote 3
Link to comment
30 minutes ago, Becket said:

A big thank you to Simon & Mick for letting me be part of their Live Mixcloud show last night.
AND an even bigger one to all the folks for their kind comments for my selection of music that I played.
Here is a list for anyone interested.........................

Margie Joseph - I'll always love you.
George Jackson - I don't have the time to love you.
Exits - Under the streetlamp.
Volumes - It's the same old feeling.
Jo Armstead - A stone good lover.
Composers - Let's get to the point.
Alex Brown - What would you do.
Andre Scott - Cry in the arms of another love.
Eula Cooper - Try.
Bobby Womack - Trust me.
Supurbs - Only for lovers.
Tomorrow's Men - Who's that lady.
Soulful Illusion - Searching for love.
Carletts - Lost without your love.
Bobby Williams - It's all over.
Jo Anne Garrett - Whole new plan.
Annabelle Fox - Lonely girl.
Johnny Truitt - Just the other day.
James Taylor - Love with hope.
Lovettes - I need a guy.
Skip Jackson - Promise that you'll wait.
Charades - Never set me free.
New Holidays - Maybe so, maybe no.
Masqueraders - How big is big.
Mickey Stevenson - I stand blue.

My kinda music - all that I can say !

Great music also from everyone else involved over what was quite a night I thought.

Best regards,     Tom.

 

Great stuff Tom,loved it.I'll post my contribution in a bit.

  • Up vote 2
Link to comment

Thanks one and all for last nights continued adventure in the BVAN story - a special thanks of course to Mr Howard for his support and excellent selections in the studio - and of course Stu and Tom who did a great job behind the virtual decks.

None of it of course would be the same without you guys listening in and joining the chatroom banter 👏

Next weekend is the Young Guns takeover on Radioking - another twist in the tale to look forwards to

:thumbup:

  • Up vote 7
Link to comment

Folks - here's the Mixcloud link for the recording of last nights show (4hrs 20mins)

 

Cheers

:thumbup:

  • Up vote 3
  • Listening 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Log in to Soul Source

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!

Related Soul Music Links



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.