Last Night Nuneaton's 3rd Anniversary

Guest ruffsounds

Guest ruffsounds

Well where do i start, by the time i had finished setting the sound system up the first peeps were thru the door ready for Nuneatons 3rd Anniversary bash and what a cracking night was instore for everyone, got in at 4.30 this morning and have just put all the gear away now as was too knackered after such a great night.

I Started the night off and half way thru my set was informed we were finishing at 3-30 instead of the usual 2-30 so with the likes of Guest Dj's Andy Mcabe who needs no itroduction and Charlie and Tabs from Banbury a good night was assured, i finished my set at 9-00 with another resident Chico taking over the decks to a now good crowd followed by Andy who played a blinder of a set and had the dancefloor buzzing, onto Charlie and Tabs the Banbury double deckers and they did'nt let us down with a cracking set, with the dancefloor jumping from the start of night Sam Evans was up next she's like a bottle of pop ready to explode with her enthusiasm, the next man up was Mark (fluff) Freeman the man who with Ian Ford has put this venue into the big time and he gave the punters even more of what they wanted with His usual gusto then all too soon it was the last hour and Chico and myself returned to the decks with a 30 minute spot each with myself ending the night off to a still fairly healthy band of dancers filling the floor till the end.

Many thanks for all the support and the comments recieved about the venue, music, Dj's and sound system and thanks of course to all those who have attended so far making this one of the best nights in the Midlands with 300 plus regulars every time.

Cheers Ralph

Edited by ruffsounds
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest kev such

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT.

Me and Karen got there about 10pm walked in, packed would be an understatement.

As undeniably one of the greatest entertainers of the 20th century once said "Dance yourself dizzy" (Liquid Gold) and me and Karen certainly did.

Great to catch up with friends and meet new ones.

Also to finally get to meet Mr Ted Massey, who has kindly agreed to DJ for the 4th Anniversay Cracker, humbling.

Didnt come off the floor for just about all of Banburys Soul Twins set and the energy of Sam Evans, i could watch her dance all night.

Great night, so glad we went. Sometimes getting home from work and deciding to go somewhere at the drop of a hat pays off.

Kev (dont do modern) Such and Karen.

Cream Cracker Soul Club. 30th May. 7.30pm to 2am. £5 OTD.

DJ's, Hammie, Bearsy, Ian J, Andy C, Marky Mole. 30 Minute punter spot, Gus. and Kev Such

60's Northern, RnB and Early Crossover.

Edited by kev such

Wow

First time to Nuneaton Co-op and what a brilliant nite :unsure:

It's very easy to see why this event is so popular it delivers what it says "Oldies"

Congratulations to the promoters for putting such a great event. It was well worth the long trip, and we will certainly be back for the next one.

Nice to meet Fordy.

We are still buzzing and suffering a bit today from last night, but alreadly looking forward to next time.

To anyone who has not been to this event and you are into "oldies" a trip to the Nuneaton Co-op is a must.

Nigel

Guest young stan

This venue delivered yet again, danced all night.Always a brill night. Legs are suffering today but still on a high. What a night ? KTF STAN

Guest cocopachino

Always a great night at this venue and this night was no exception. Lots and lots of people there as usual, top tunes played ~ there were people on the dance floor at 3.30 ~ that says it all really, doesnt it :lol:

Big thankyou for playing our requests ~ we all had a brill night :)

Big thanks to Mark and co for asking Tabs and me to spin a few tunes at Nuneaton's 3rd Anniversary. Got there just before 8.30 pm and the place was already buzzing. Ralph was up doing his set and already had the floor going. Sat down and got ourselves a drink, the atmosphere was building up nicely, people were pouring through the door. Great set by Andy who had the floor packed and who we followed. The atmosphere was fantastic, we really enjoyed ourselves. Played a lot of the favourites, managed to get a few of the requests in as well as slipped the odd 'curved ball' in. Finished our spot and Sam took over where we left off. She played a great set and kept the floor filled. Very apprecative crowd to play to, very friendly atmosphere. Its a big venue to fill and they certainly filled it! If you want to go to a venue who plays all your favourites from way back and a few forgotten good tunes you may have forgotten about, you won't be disappointed at Nuneaton Co-op!!

Charlie Mc

Banbury Soul Club

Thanks to Mark for asking myself and Charlie to DJ at the Nuneaton Co-op 3rd Anniversary.

It was real privilege.

Venue packed and buzzing from the moment we got there until we left.

Excellent spots from all the DJ's and I think all the music was appreciated by the up for it crowd.

In fact I can only think of one record I heard repeated whilst I was there.

Nuneaton never fails, and delivers exactly what it promises, a great oldies night. :D

And no shame in that.

See you at the next one.

Best

Tabs.

Thanks to Mark for asking myself and Charlie to DJ at the Nuneaton Co-op 3rd Anniversary.

It was real privilege.

Venue packed and buzzing from the moment we got there until we left.

Excellent spots from all the DJ's and I think all the music was appreciated by the up for it crowd.

In fact I can only think of one record I heard repeated whilst I was there.

Nuneaton never fails, and delivers exactly what it promises, a great oldies night. :lol:

And no shame in that.

See you at the next one.

Best

Tabs.

Hi Tabs,

Nice to see you on Saturday :lol: you played some great tracks nice 1 :lol: liked what Andy & Sam played aswell :lol: but all the DJ's played really well and we had a great night thanks Mark :lol:

JB & Mart xxx

Edited by JELLYBEAN

Hi Tabs,

Nice to see you on Saturday :thumbup: you played some great tracks nice 1 :D liked what Andy & Sam played aswell wink.gif but all the DJ's played really well and we had a great night thanks Mark :lol:

JB & Mart xxx

==============

sorry a bit late with the promotors reply

A massive thanks to all attended our 3rd anniversary especially all that travelled and our local regulars who always do us PROUD.

i only asked for a 3am finish but the club gave me a 3am bar and 30 mins drinking time so hence the extra hour!

thanks to all the djs who as always did a cracking job for us..

next one June 20th with the NUNEATON vs WOLVERHAMPTON nite with guest djs BLUE MAX,NEIL RUSHTON and DUDE - remember last years - gr8 nite

thanks again and see you all soon!!

regards

mark and ian

Guest Glyn1

==============

A massive thanks to all attended our 3rd anniversary especially all that travelled and our local regulars who always do us PROUD.

i only asked for a 3am finish but the club gave me a 3am bar and 30 mins drinking time so hence the extra hour!

thanks to all the djs who as always did a cracking job for us..

next one June 20th with the NUNEATON vs WOLVERHAMPTON nite with guest djs BLUE MAX,NEIL RUSHTON and DUDE - remember last years - gr8 nite

thanks again and see you all soon!!

regards

mark and ian

Lookin' forward to the nex 1 already Mark...as always a brill night mate thanx to You, Fordy , Ralph (the man wiv the decs appeal)

not forgettin' the Civic too....bring it on.... thumbup.gif

Glyn & Deb

Guest cocopachino

==============

Was wondering where you were - thought you'd done a runner :thumbsup:

Should be an E X C E L L E N T night.... :thumbsup:

Source Advert