"money" Barrett Strong

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

As both Motown & I celebrate 50 this year my patient & sympathetic wife acquired two copies of the above. One is on the Tamla label but the Tamla is shown in a diamond shape on the upper LH side of the label, she also acquired a copy issued on the Anna label.

I would be grateful for information regarding which one is the rarest issue. I was aware that it was also issued on the London label but the existence of a copy on the Anna label was a bit of a surprise.

Many thanks in advance,

Dave

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest newone

As both Motown & I celebrate 50 this year my patient & sympathetic wife acquired two copies of the above. One is on the Tamla label but the Tamla is shown in a diamond shape on the upper LH side of the label, she also acquired a copy issued on the Anna label.

I would be grateful for information regarding which one is the rarest issue. I was aware that it was also issued on the London label but the existence of a copy on the Anna label was a bit of a surprise.

Many thanks in advance,

Dave

[/quot

anna label was his sisters label, think i read it was used for money to gain wider distribution for the record as anna was distributed by chess

Social source share

Guest Craig A Butler

Many thanks in advance,

Dave

dave,

I have two designs on Anna, one the usual gold & the other is black. This is the only one issued on black as far as I know, but not sure if it's a first press.

ATB, Craig

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert