Records From Craig Moerer In Soul Bowl Sleeves

Dylan

I know craig moerer bought some of john andersons stock but I don't know when this was or how many records it was ?

but only last year i've had 2 records of my wants list that took me a while to get. Both from craig and both were in those green soul bowl sleeves.

so are these boxes just sat on his shelves unopened / unsorted and just how many more goodies are going to come up.

I assume plenty of people on here are getting the same.....

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest smudgesmith

I know craig moerer bought some of john andersons stock but I don't know when this was or how many records it was ?

but only last year i've had 2 records of my wants list that took me a while to get. Both from craig and both were in those green soul bowl sleeves.

so are these boxes just sat on his shelves unopened / unsorted and just how many more goodies are going to come up.

I assume plenty of people on here are getting the same.....

Ask John he has a web site and he trades on Ebay as Sweetsoul.

There were several container loads removed from Johns house.

Social source share

Ask John he has a web site and he trades on Ebay as Sweetsoul.

There were several container loads removed from Johns house.

Did 'nt John sell over 1 million 45s to Moerer. They also cleared out the record shop stock from Ohio - that had remained untouched from 1972 or thereabouts.

John's an interesting guy with many stories - last week he was saying hes got uk soul 45s that he has never seen listed on Manships site or in any pric eguides.

He mainly collects Bluebeat , ska , uk label 45 s and african sounds these days.

Edited by glynthornhill
Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Did 'nt John sell over 1 million 45s to Moerer. They also cleared out the record shop stock from Ohio - that had remianed untouched from 1972 or thereabouts.

Thats about it,although John tells it better :thumbsup:

Social source share

Did 'nt John sell over 1 million 45s to Moerer. They also cleared out the record shop stock from Ohio - that had remained untouched from 1972 or thereabouts.

John's an interesting guy with many stories - last week he was saying hes got uk soul 45s that he has never seen listed on Manships site or in any pric eguides.

He mainly collects Bluebeat , ska , uk label 45 s and african sounds these days.

i've never met john where i've had a chance to ask him about these sort of things but i bet some of the stories would be great to hear.

as for 1 million 45s plus stock from a shop on top well thats a bit of an eye opener no wonder they are still opening the boxes now :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest the average man

If memory serves me correct, I think there's a big interview with John Anderson stretched out over 2 issues...

Social source share

i'd like to read this if you remember where it is I will try and get a copy.....

This was in the BIG DADDY magazine around five or so years back. Interview was done by Snowboy ( aka Mark Cotgrove ). It's an interesting read as John documents the Chicago warehouse deals where he took full pallet loads of new releases on a regular basis in the 70 s. :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert