The Tams This Precious Moment Sounds South 14098

Spook

Hi all,

I do not know much about the Sounds South Logo. Every copy of the this Tams 45 I have seen has been yellow (there are two currently on E**y from seller 'JeffWaller', I think he has a box full as he is selling them off slowly) see below.

Anyway I have managed to pick up a Red copy (see below) can anybody shed any light on either? All I know is it was released for the beach scene in 1978 and it has a 'disco version' of Hey Girl on the B side.

If anybody is interested in hearing it I can put it into Refosoul or attach an MP3.

TIA

Spook :thumbsup:

post-8842-1240514764.jpg

post-8842-1240514782_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

I do not know much about the Sounds South Logo. Every copy of the this Tams 45 I have seen has been yellow (there are two currently on E**y from seller 'JeffWaller', I think he has a box full as he is selling them off slowly) see below.

Anyway I have managed to pick up a Red copy (see below) can anybody shed any light on either? All I know is it was released for the beach scene in 1978 and it has a 'disco version' of Hey Girl on the B side.

If anybody is interested in hearing it I can put it into Refosoul or attach an MP3.

TIA

Spook :thumbsup:

The red issue is the harder first release. There is also another version of the song on the LP altho not as good IMO.

Hope this helps.

Russ

Social source share

Hi all,

TIA

Spook :lol:

He does have a box full, he's been selling them for at least 6 months. I've had one and sold it on but I'm not having any more. The red copy looks nice.

Social source share

ALSO ON THE RED SOUNDS SOUTH LOGO, IS A TRACK BY THE ORIGINAL DRIFTERS TITLED JUST LET YOUR HEART BE YOUR GUIDE, JUST AS GOOD AS THIS AND JUST AS RARE, BUT SELLS FOR A FRACTION OF THE PRICE. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IF YOU SEE ONE.....JUST BUY IT.

BEST BRI.

SUNDAY CHILLOUT, 7TH JUNE, HORSE AND GROOM PUB, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER.

Social source share

also came out on the green belgian suprise label with a picture sleeve. that drifters 45 on the same label is also on belgian. as is the 2nd issue of major lance`s how can you say goodbye that previously came out on belgian contempo. john benson has the tams on belgian and soulful mick (wad) has the drifters on belgian.

dave

Social source share

also came out on the green belgian suprise label with a picture sleeve. that drifters 45 on the same label is also on belgian. as is the 2nd issue of major lance`s how can you say goodbye that previously came out on belgian contempo. john benson has the tams on belgian and soulful mick (wad) has the drifters on belgian.

dave

Not quite Dave - I've got the Tams on Red Sounds South :thumbsup:

It's the Original Drifters I've got on Supreme (not Surprise!)

I've not seen, or heard of the Tams on that label :lol:

Social source share

Not quite Dave - I've got the Tams on Red Sounds South :lol:

It's the Original Drifters I've got on Supreme (not Surprise!)

I've not seen, or heard of the Tams on that label :lol:

SEE JOHN :thumbsup: , ONE OF US DOES TALK SENSE, AND HE RECKONS HE WAS THE SOBER ONE AT THE CHILLOUT.

BEST, BRI.

SUNDAY CHILLOUT, 7TH JUNE, HORSE AND GROOM PUB, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!