Wigan 'this England' Cinema Screening This Sat., Sheffield

This is all part of the Sensoria music and film festival at the Showroom Cinema, including live music and music related films. Saturday is soul day, and at 6.00pm they're showing the Granada 'This England' documentary, and they've asked me to introduce it and give a little talk. After that, at 7.15, is the Stax documentary 'Respect Yourself', and then after that, from 9 to 11pm, Sean Hampsey will be playing records. Something different - and there's a bar.

Edited by ben summers
  • Replies 9
  • Views 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is all part of the Sensoria music and film festival at the Showroom Cinema, including live music and music related films. Saturday is soul day, and at 6.00pm they're showing the Granada 'This England' documentary, and they've asked me to introduce it and give a little talk. After that, at 7.15, is the Stax documentary 'Respect Yourself', and then after that, from 9 to 11pm, Sean Hampsey will be playing records. Something different - and there's a bar.

Yep, looking forward to this!

Further info on the Wigan Documentary and the fabulous Stax movie etc. to be found here.

https://www.sensoria.org.uk/category/event/film/

Be good to catch up with a few Soul Source bretheren there!

:lol:

Sean

This sounds a brilliant way to spend a saturday night for a bit of a change from the norm due to dj'ing commitments i cant be there but i hope everyone enjoys it it sounds brill hope you have another all the best yocky and joy PS what is the price for the night?

This sounds a brilliant way to spend a saturday night for a bit of a change from the norm due to dj'ing commitments i cant be there but i hope everyone enjoys it it sounds brill hope you have another all the best yocky and joy PS what is the price for the night?

Thanks mate,

Movie Tickets are £6:50... but my bit (in the bar) is a freebie (I think) unsure.gif .

Think it will attract a very interesting audience.

Sorry you can't make it.

Will raise my glass to you though Yocky!

Cheers me dear

:ohmy:

Sean

Thanks mate,

Movie Tickets are £6:50... but my bit (in the bar) is a freebie (I think) :thumbsup: .

Think it will attract a very interesting audience.

Sorry you can't make it.

Will raise my glass to you though Yocky!

Cheers me dear

:D

Sean

In fact they're only charging £4 for the This England screening. I think that's cos you're gonna have to listen to me witter on a bit first. And yes, your bit is free!

In fact they're only charging £4 for the This England screening. I think that's cos you're gonna have to listen to me witter on a bit first. And yes, your bit is free!

Sounds good Ben.

This will be special - even for those who have seen the material on TV or crappy video as its the original BBC material... and on a Huge screen! T'will be just like being back there! (sans the smell of Brut!).

See ya later!

:wave:

Sean

Source Advert