Retta Young "young & Restless" Lp On All Platinum

Retta Young "Young & Restless" LP on All Platinum.

I have known about this LP for years, but I never had the chance to buy or listen to it. It seems quite hard to get your hands on a copy.

I have the excellent track "Really, Really", which I know appears on the album, on 45 but is this the stand-out track on the LP, and does it have other good tunes?

The fact that it is so hard to get and not talked about too much, makes me curious about it.

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Retta Young "Young & Restless" LP on All Platinum.

I have known about this LP for years, but I never had the chance to buy or listen to it. It seems quite hard to get your hands on a copy.

I have the excellent track "Really, Really", which I know appears on the album, on 45 but is this the stand-out track on the LP, and does it have other good tunes?

The fact that it is so hard to get and not talked about too much, makes me curious about it.

I think I have one in the lock up....will go and look, and if I do, will let you know. Steve

Social source share

I think I have one in the lock up....will go and look, and if I do, will let you know. Steve

Hmmmmm mostly ballads and she was very young when she made this album. She is also off key on several tracks. There is one disco track, and one which is a bit MOR, but the rest of it apart from the below are slow.

Really really - good stepper

We're so in love - ok but she's off key

I love my Jim - catchy with good punctuated beat and horns

Steve

Social source share

Hmmmmm mostly ballads and she was very young when she made this album. She is also off key on several tracks. There is one disco track, and one which is a bit MOR, but the rest of it apart from the below are slow.

Really really - good stepper

We're so in love - ok but she's off key

I love my Jim - catchy with good punctuated beat and horns

Steve

Thanks for taking the time. It sounds like I should just hold on to the single "Really Really".

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert