Attic - May 2nd

KevH

It's that time of the month next week.You know,that time.Not Chico time :thumbsup: .

ATTIC TIME :lol: .

May 2nd - ....One of the most colourful guys on the scene will be guesting. A dj who "get's about a bit".

Someone who likes the odd niter or three.Can you tell who it is yet?

ONLY - JOHNNY FINGERS.... yes.gif

So,no excuses.

You know what you're going to get.So come down and get some!!!

7.30 start - 12.30ish End.Bar till 12.00.Only £3 to get in.

NG18 2BQ - Put that in yer Sat Nav,see where you end up. :ohmy: .

• Replies 58
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

We've been on a roll for some time now, heading towards a big 3rd Anniversary. We've had some fantastic guests on already this year, it been a pleasure every month to hear them play their own quality sounds in our small friendly club. We expect another night of quality and no doubt a few surprises from Johnny Fingers.

Get yourself down and be part of these nights. Looking forward to meeting up again. Dean

Guest Rhonda

Found this thread lingering halfway down the second page, we cant have that :thumbup:

Is anybody coming then? :thumbup:

Sorry the Derby 5 can't make it, we're off to Bamberg weekender :thumbup:

I met Mr Fingers last week at the Greatstone, hope you have a fantastic night see you in June :D

Liz

x

:D:D ..Uh !?! :DWha.. :DOmygod !! Ahem.. :lol:

You all awight, then ?!? :) .. I'M COMING !! :D

The time seems to have just FLOWN by since the confirmation of my booking as the Guest DJ at the Attics' May date.. NEXT SATURDAY - only erm, only.. Two & a.. Nope - Three & three.. Ohhh !!

'Ow many sleeps is that then ?? Can't work it out on MY hands !! no.gif

My usual embarrassing & rueful offerings to the Promotions Team and Attic regulars for not having been successful in paying homage at one of their PREVIOUS 'Nights' of Quality Soul Music'offering. I'd LIKE to be able to manage THREE gigs a weekend (as last weekend saw) HONEST I would, but it's just NOT feasible to make visits to ALL the places I have 'Earmarked' for my attention PRIOR to a few of my scheduled appearances for my Turntable Management duties at the 'Superb' selection of Quality nights on offer across the country. York - is ANOTHER place pencilled in my planner for well over a year now.. Must, must, MUST, get there soon !! :boxing: And it's only THIS month I managed my FIRST foray to Silks, in Wellingborough, and not 30 minutes drive from me !! I dunno.. :thumbup:

Sooo.. having NOT experienced the venue, or sampled it's musical wares, I might have reason to be a tad concerned on what sort of tunes to take in the playbox on the night.

Thankfully, when you read through previous venue reports for the Attic - and see some of the guests that have graced the Attics' deck's with their Masterly Musical Management prowess in the past.. It's quite straightforward in arriving at an 'Overall' conclusion, thus : The Soulie type peeps

that frequent this promotion (highly respected across the scene it is, too..) have an undoubted expectation & demand for ONLY Soul Music tunes of the very highest calibre regarding CLASS & QUALITY. Settling for NOTHING less !!

:D That's EASY, then.. ?!? :(:D (Wassat funny SMELL!?!) :D

The reason I enjoy performing Sets at Soul 'Nites (against 'Niter's) is the fact that the 'general consensus' amongst the majority (that attend regularly) have tastes quite similar as a whole (IE. either 60t's; 70's; Modern/X-Over; or R'n'B etc) so my allotted time with the turntables sees a more 'condensed' genre of sound(s), whereas - at 'niter's' - I try to encompass at least a couple of tunes to suit most of the varied tastes found in that type environment.

At the same time, I'll be looking to spin a few 45's (including a couple of three or four,maybe, LP ONLY tracks) that I've not yet unleashed at a 'Mainstream' All-nighter venue. A dash or two of some scarcer, but known, collectibles plus an odd shake or two of 'revival oldie' type spins - whilst not forgetting my 'Personal' touch of tunes that are 'well-known'.. But maybe not QUITE as the version(s) I prefer to offer up.

All-in-all it should be an interesting evening with some top-drawer peeps and lot's of top-drawer tunes bursting forth from the PA system. Oh Yes.. !!

See's ya all Saturday then peeps - I'll be aiming to get there for the off which means I'll probably make it 5 mins before I'm due behind the decks :D

Can't Wait...

Fingers

At the same time, I'll be looking to spin a few 45's (including a couple of three or four,maybe, LP ONLY tracks) that I've not yet unleashed at a 'Mainstream' All-nighter venue. A dash or two of some scarcer, but known, collectibles plus an odd shake or two of 'revival oldie' type spins - whilst not forgetting my 'Personal' touch of tunes that are 'well-known'.. But maybe not QUITE as the version(s) I prefer to offer up.

Colourful as ever :thumbup: . This is what we want and this is what we'll get for sure. Always look forward to seeing what the "names" are going to place on the decks at our little club. Lots on over the bank holiday weekend, and no wish to hijack anyone elses hard work by linking names, good luck to all those organising something this long weekend. From our organising/promoting part we'd like to see a big crowd in to hear Ficklefingers play, you know it's going to be a good night. These are good times in our little room up those stairs, we know it won't be there for ever but we're enjoying it whilst it is. Looking forward to meeting up.

Guest smudgesmith

:thumbup::thumbup: ..Uh !?! :thumbup:Wha.. :thumbup:Omygod !! Ahem.. :thumbup:

You all awight, then ?!? :thumbup: .. I'M COMING !! :thumbup:

Enjoy John,they are a great "Bunch" at the attic.

I will do by bestest to get over and harass you :thumbup:

I've just realised.

If all goes to plan, I'll be missing the Attic when Johnny Fingers is on.

Er...I haven't really phrased that right, have I?

Must be at least 3 other venues that will be graced by your presence then Lee :thumbup: .Have a good 'un ,wherever you end up... :thumbup: .We'll miss you. :thumbup:

Must be at least 3 other venues that will be graced by your presence then Lee :thumbup: .Have a good 'un ,wherever you end up... :thumbup: .We'll miss you. :thumbup:

Heh. I'm supposed to be where Rhonda is going. If I get there (I belong to the BA Baracus school of air passengers; and an old friends wedding on Sunday is also giving me pause for thought), I will miss a brilliant weekend here, particularly "Fingers in the Attic". Maybe best not to bill it as that, btw.

Think I've got a couple of drifters from Peterbro' way staying over at mine for an after-Attic horlicks.

Wonder who that could be? :thumbup: .My guess ...Smudge and PD. :thumbup: .

Better get an extra large Horlicks in Dean.No point them going back in the morning either.

They can go straight to Soul For Heroes in Sutton.The Attic will make for a nice warm up for a very worthy cause. :thumbup: .

Guest Mick Donnelly

Wonder who that could be? g.gif .My guess ...Smudge and PD. :) .

Better get an extra large Horlicks in Dean.No point them going back in the morning either.

They can go straight to Soul For Heroes in Sutton.The Attic will make for a nice warm up for a very worthy cause. :lol: .

Smudge and PD ??? ... would you like to have a little bet on that one Mr Holmes????

Guest Rhonda

Heh. I'm supposed to be where Rhonda is going. If I get there (I belong to the BA Baracus school of air passengers; and an old friends wedding on Sunday is also giving me pause for thought), I will miss a brilliant weekend here, particularly "Fingers in the Attic". Maybe best not to bill it as that, btw.

Hey Spirit, when and where are you flying from?

Sorry to be missing the ATTIC but Bamberg is a top weekender :lol:

Liz

x

Sorry Guys but we can't make it this Saturday either, not going anywhere else but unfortunately for me I have got to work 6am - 6pm Saturday,Sunday and Monday(my turn) so going out looks unlikely for us all weekend.

We will be back next month, see you somewhere else before then no doubt.

Try to have a good time without us, I know you will.

Paul & Sue :lol::) .

Guest smudgesmith

[quote name='Mick Donnelly' date='Apr 27 09, 03:31 PM' post='1059022'

You skanked free digs again Micheal????????? oh and Horlicks :lol:

:lol: ... he's a good lad is that Dean

......and apparently he's hung like a horse :D .

I have photographic evidence from Prestatyn,when Big Paul and Dean re-enacted the famous nude wrestling scene from "Women in Love". :lol: .

Steve and myself were absolutley dumbstruck by such antics :D ,but continued eating our vodka blancmange muesli nevertheless..

Breakfast in Prestatyn is never straightforward. :thumbup: .

DJ times to follow.....................

REQUEST FOR MR.FINGERS PLEASE....

DEBONETTES - TEARS.

I'll defo make sure that one's in the box then Kev - but you'll proably have to remind me to play it on the night... Due to me lack of memory braincells !! :lol:

In fact.. I better put it in the box right now so's at least I don't forget to take it with me :D

I'll see what other pleasant little ditties I can dig out to bring along too.

Fingers.. :D

Sonny Craver - i'm no fool . Please , he asks hopefully

BU**ER !! That's ONE request I'm unable to fulfill - & that's before I even GET to the venue !! :thumbup:

What a totally awesome tune INF is though - sublime quality throughout :lol: - hopefully I'll be able to offer an alternative that oozes as much class, & of similar calibre, to satisfy you Mak.. :thumbup:I'll make it my priority to go through my discs and find something 'special' :lol:

Not long now.. and COUNTING !! :D

Edited by FickleFingers

BU**ER !! That's ONE request I'm unable to fulfill - & that's before I even GET to the venue !! :thumbup:

What a totally awesome tune INF is though - sublime quality throughout :lol: - hopefully I'll be able to offer an alternative that oozes as much class, & of similar calibre, to satisfy you Mak.. :thumbup:I'll make it my priority to go through my discs and find something 'special' :lol:

Not long now.. and COUNTING !! :D

......and apparently he's hung like a horse :thumbup: .

I have photographic evidence from Prestatyn,when Big Paul and Dean re-enacted the famous nude wrestling scene from "Women in Love". laugh.gif .

Steve and myself were absolutley dumbstruck by such antics :rolleyes: ,but continued eating our vodka blancmange muesli nevertheless..

Breakfast in Prestatyn is never straightforward. no.gif .

WTF !!! You can't go saying things like that :lol: . Paul and I did find a mutual appreciation of the ancient art of Greek Wrestling, Paul having the slight advantage of being there back in the day but there were no horses involved. Are you trying to promote the night Kev or close it down. Come along to the Atiic, you never know what the encore will be.

post-5677-1240959303.jpg

I'll defo make sure that one's in the box then Kev - but you'll proably have to remind me to play it on the night... Due to me lack of memory braincells !! :lol:

In fact.. I better put it in the box right now so's at least I don't forget to take it with me g.gif

I'll see what other pleasant little ditties I can dig out to bring along too.

Fingers.. :lol:

My avatar is the Debonettes btw....just out of interest.

DJ times...if my memory serves me :lol: ............

7.30 - 8.30....KevH

8.30 - 10.15...Dean and SteveL (Life Of Reilly)

10.15 - 11.30...JOHNNY FINGERS

11.30 - End....Garry.

Guest tonyolly

Be good to see you up there again Tony.Those 60's sounds aren't too bad after all are they :lol: .

i,m a bit to young for the 60s :lol: wheres paul? gary on last where has he been hiding

BU**ER !! That's ONE request I'm unable to fulfill - & that's before I even GET to the venue !! :D

What a totally awesome tune INF is though - sublime quality throughout :D - hopefully I'll be able to offer an alternative that oozes as much class, & of similar calibre, to satisfy you Mak.. :DI'll make it my priority to go through my discs and find something 'special' :(

Not long now.. and COUNTING !! :g:

Fingers.. :P

Not to worry , I know you you will do a spot with records of equal quality , see ya saturday.

i,m a bit to young for the 60s :g:wheres paul? .............gary on last where has he been hiding

He must be off-line Tony.Paul's got a busy weekend ahead as well,Middleton,Attic,Soul 4 Heroes.

Garry?,not been hiding.He's on last to show us how it should be done :P:( .

......and apparently he's hung like a horse :ohmy: .

I have photographic evidence from Prestatyn,when Big Paul and Dean re-enacted the famous nude wrestling scene from "Women in Love". :ohmy: .

Steve and myself were absolutley dumbstruck by such antics ohmy.gif ,but continued eating our vodka blancmange muesli nevertheless..

Breakfast in Prestatyn is never straightforward. :D .

I heard Mick D & Lucy have changed their mind about where to stay and are now booked in to the Black Boy B&B on mansfield market place as its a higher class establishment :lol::P

Should mention that the above mentioned incident occurred in 2007, I'd better not say anything about what happened this year at breakfast, other than the fact that if I'd have turned round sharp I might have lost an eye :thumbsup:

Guest BigPaul

Out of interest which one is Dean and which one Paul in the image above? It looks very uncomfortable for at least one of you.

Im the one, who looks like hes giving the other a back shot :lol:

Guest Mick Donnelly

I heard Mick D & Lucy have changed their mind about where to stay and are now booked in to the Black Boy B&B on mansfield market place as its a higher class establishment :lol::ohmy:

We tried there first, but as soon as I mentioned we were going to the Attic they changed their minds and said they were full ohmy.gif:thumbsup:

lookin' forward to it chaps ...

It's that time of the month next week.You know,that time.Not Chico time :lol: .

ATTIC TIME :thumbsup: .

May 2nd - ....One of the most colourful guys on the scene will be guesting. A dj who "get's about a bit".

Someone who likes the odd niter or three.Can you tell who it is yet?

ONLY - JOHNNY FINGERS.... :ohmy:

So,no excuses.

You know what you're going to get.So come down and get some!!!

7.30 start - 12.30ish End.Bar till 12.00.Only £3 to get in.

NG18 2BQ - Put that in yer Sat Nav,see where you end up. laugh.gif .

C'mon down,perfect warm up for the Soul For Heroes all dayer in SUTTON.

You know it makes sense.

Edited by KevH
Guest Mart B

WTF !!! You can't go saying things like that :( . Paul and I did find a mutual appreciation of the ancient art of Greek Wrestling, Paul having the slight advantage of being there back in the day but there were no horses involved. Are you trying to promote the night Kev or close it down. Come along to the Atiic, you never know what the encore will be.

For a split second i thought id logged onto a gay thread smile.gif ... :thumbsup: ...

no i didnt think so..... obviously my pop up blockers working :lol: ..., see you on saturday for sum quality chooones..

DJ times...if my memory serves me :thumbsup: ............

7.30 - 8.30....KevH

11.30 - End....Garry.

No public health alert in Mansfield yet, no swine flu quarantine in force - which is shocking considering how many pigs I've been close to over the years, no not that way, think chaffing handcuffs :thumbsup: , erm ok either way then.

Here's to a good humoured quality soul night in a little room straight out of Life on Mars. I don't think any of the 4 regulars will be spinning the newly aquired Frank Wilson . . . . . . but only 'cos it counts as over-played :lol:

As usual food available down in the pub room until half-eight, but not good enough food to miss Kev's spot for!

DJ times...if my memory serves me :thumbsup: ............

7.30 - 8.30....KevH

11.30 - End....Garry.

Soz but as you know we can't be with you this month. Sure to be a good night with Mr Fingers spinning some tasty gems.

Sure we will be back next month for our favourite little soul hole :lol:

See you soon - Select Soul next Friday perhaps?

Mark :lol:

Soz but as you know we can't be with you this month. Sure to be a good night with Mr Fingers spinning some tasty gems.

Sure we will be back next month for our favourite little soul hole :ohmy:

See you soon - Select Soul next Friday perhaps?

Mark :g:

Not with an avatar like that :P

Only TWO more pleeps to go :D(.. well, only ONE for me - I'm out tomorrow night !! :) )

I'm in 'The Record Room' now, sorting a few things for a sales box (or two..) plus pulling open dust-covered boxes of albums to see what pleasant little LP tracks I might offer up to the attended at Saturday's Attic !!

I might just'hang around' after, too, to make the journey, up the road a few miles, on the Sunday - to attend the Soul For Heroes 'Dayer in Sutton.. seems to make sense to me !!

See you all on Saturday, I'm looking forward to spinning a few lesser-known bits (at least) but including some class established rarities. Be interesting to see if the demands of the attended send my set more 'Mid', or 'Up' tempo - R'n'B, or 60's & 70's.. Or a complete mix of the lot !! g.gif

Requests ALWAYS gratefully received - although usually non get satisfied.. As I don't normally have any of 'em !! :D

Fingers.. :thumbup: