Towerfull O' Soul

Guest the major

Guest the major

Towerfull O' Soul

A night of rare, northern and Tamla Motown soul, 6Ts RnB, boogaloo and some early funk.

Come to listen, stay to dance................It's vinyl heaven.

From 7PM 'til Midnite

In the Cellar club, at the River Bar,

206 Tower Bridge Road, SE1 2UP

(Just at the southern end of Tower Bridge) Admission £3 OTD

Friday 22nd May 2009 - Introducing your resident Djs The Major, Ginger Dave & Roger Hill

Friday 24th July 2009 - Special Guest Jo Wallace - bringing back some memories of These Old Shoes

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest GingerDave

Towerfull O' Soul

A night of rare, northern and Tamla Motown soul, 6Ts RnB, boogaloo and some early funk.

Come to listen, stay to dance................It's vinyl heaven.

From 7PM 'til Midnite

In the Cellar club, at the River Bar,

206 Tower Bridge Road, SE1 2UP

(Just at the southern end of Tower Bridge) Admission £3 OTD

Friday 22nd May 2009 - Introducing your resident Djs The Major, Ginger Dave & Roger Hill

Friday 24th July 2009 - Special Guest Jo Wallace - bringing back some memories of These Old Shoes

Looking forward to working with the Major and Roger ,a new night in South London at a venue with a lot of history

Guest the major

Well who's coming then ???????????????? :thumbsup:

thanks to everyone we chatted to at Solid Hit Soul last nite, who were really supportive of our new venture.

hope to see many of you there.

Guest DaveSwift

thanks to everyone we chatted to at Solid Hit Soul last nite, who were really supportive of our new venture.

hope to see many of you there.

I should be there mate. Been a few years since TOS i hope the floor still slopes like it used to!

Guest the major

I should be there mate. Been a few years since TOS i hope the floor still slopes like it used to!

Sadly Dave the new guvnor's have straightened it out (and now charge a hire fee for their troubles!); but it will prevent folk from accidentally disappearing into the nooks & crannies after an out of control spin !!!!

Look forward to welcoming you to our opening nite.

Guest the major

With a midnight shut, there should be no danger of missing the last train home, see ya there Dave.

Taff

Look forward to seing you there Taff - we need someone to keep an eye on the aubern One.

Guest GingerDave

Look forward to seing you there Taff - we need someone to keep an eye on the aubern One.

Its Ginger ok see you there Taff

Guest the major

Less than a week to go and the feedback from flyering is looking good; be sure to get there early as it has a limit of 60 - and we always play by the rules ........

Towerfull O' Soul

Hey Andy, if the Funk is early what time should I get there to avoid it? :rolleyes:

I'll be there nice and early mate - loaded with flyers AND TICKETS for Soul for Heroes.....if that's OK with you.

- Kev.

Guest the major

Hey Andy, if the Funk is early what time should I get there to avoid it? :lol:

I'll be there nice and early mate - loaded with flyers AND TICKETS for Soul for Heroes.....if that's OK with you.

- Kev.

it'll be from H-4 to H, by way of a warm up (that's helo timings - probably hadn't invented those in your day Kev LOL)

You are welcome to plaster flyers, tickets and anything else about the gaff in aid of our comrades.

:thumbup: Look forward to giving you a warm welcome.

it'll be from H-4 to H, by way of a warm up (that's helo timings - probably hadn't invented those in your day Kev LOL)

You are welcome to plaster flyers, tickets and anything else about the gaff in aid of our comrades.

:lol: Look forward to giving you a warm welcome.

biggrin.gif Cheers Andy.

I'll bring my own carrier pigeon. :thumbup:

Guest the major

Sorry fella's, can't make this one (I think some people from our club might be there though), but it has all the makings of a cracking night.

Good luck and hopefully I will be around for the next one.

Cheers,

Dave

Look forward to welcoming the WoHsiers; thanks for the kind thoughts... See you soon.

I can't be there and Pete & Liz are abroad but the Blue Skies team wish you well for your first night.

M

.............and I am still housebound but echo Martin's best wishes from Blue Skies crew and thank you for all your support in the past.

QoFxx

Actually Dave cast your mind back (4 & half years ago :rolleyes: ) to the very last tos on the friday night & a refurb had actually already taken place & for the first & last time there was no sloping dance floor at tos :thumbsup:

Whats more to the point does it still smell like an open sewer at one end of the room...........mind you it did quite recently at boogaloo when I was unfortunate enough to sit downwind of rbman but thats another story :wacko: