Valerie & Nick

Being a tad of a dinosaur, I only came across my opening gambit into V&N on reading a post on here about 'I'll Find You' and thinking '"I'm sure I've got that in the stuff in the loft!" - you know that stuff that wasn't in vogue when you were a kid but you bought as you liked it but didn't keep it in your main box :D , as it didn't get plays out [all those records do actually prove that as a kid you actually knew the script but didn't have the balls to play them to your peers - yeah, I know, therapy! - while I'm at it, the amount of big money crossover stuff that has come out of my 'Pandora's Box you wouldn't believe].

Back to the point:

Please fill me in on other Valerie & Nick productions!?

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Being a tad of a dinosaur, I only came across my opening gambit into V&N on reading a post on here about 'I'll Find You' and thinking '"I'm sure I've got that in the stuff in the loft!" - you know that stuff that wasn't in vogue when you were a kid but you bought as you liked it but didn't keep it in your main box :D , as it didn't get plays out [all those records do actually prove that as a kid you actually knew the script but didn't have the balls to play them to your peers - yeah, I know, therapy! - while I'm at it, the amount of big money crossover stuff that has come out of my 'Pandora's Box you wouldn't believe].

Back to the point:

Please fill me in on other Valerie & Nick productions!?

What as Valerie and Nick (i.e. before they were known as Ashford & Simpson)?

AT least two others on Glover, Val had solo 45s on Tamla and an album, Nick had solo 45s on Verve, ABC etc......I could go on

Social source share

the two others on the same label - I had all of them and got bored with them pretty quick

Somebodys lyin on love - Glover 3003

It aint like that - Glover 3001

actually out of the three I think I liked - It aint like that - the best

ALSO THERE'S A GREAT DETROIT VERSION OF I'LL FIND YOU BY THE BEE JAYS ON PRIME RECORDS. A BIT DOTTIE AND MILLIE-ISH WHICH DON'T GET PLAYED OUT VERY MUCH.

BRI PINCH.

SUNDAY CHILLOUT, 7TH JUNE, HORSE AND GROOM PUB, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!