Suprise Birthday Bash

Guest sandi

Guest sandi

What a great turn out for Dave's birthday, this must of been the best kept secret on the soul scene as many of us had known for ages, and Dave was truely suprised.

I can't think of a better way to of spent my night than to be apart of this celebration, a fantastic night in honour of a fantastic gezza and a friend to many, all who made the night possible.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE, & :thumbsup: here's to many more to come.

Love Sandi xx

• Replies 32
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

A veritable who's who of the scenes most respected sons(and daughters) turned up to celebrate Daves 50th.....that in its self speaks volumes in regard to the high esteem in which Dave is held.

Happy birthday you old sod, one of the scenes all 'round good eggs', here's to the next 50.

Harpo

My head hurts this morning !

But it was worth it, if only to find out what a bunch of lying, scheming, conniving mates I've got. Apparently they have been planning this since Prestatyn !!!

I'd heard a whisper about a few beers, but thought that was Saturday night, so when I arrived it was a complete and utter shock to find so many people had come to help me celebrate my birthday. I only sussed it when I got to the door of the room

I had a fabulous time, tried to speak to everyone and say thanks for coming, but if I missed you out, sorry, and thanks for coming.

I was overwhelmed by all the cards and presents and have just spent a good half an hour laughing at the originality of the insults in the cards

Thanks also to all the DJs

Denise and Hitsville Chalky

Col Kidson and Nige Brown

Woody and Toby (Who changed his flight to the Bamberg weekender so he could come !)

Chic and Wilko

Danny Duggan (Who flew in from Dublin just for the night)

John Weston and Cliff Steele

Even if it hadn't been a birthday party, it was a bloody good Soul night with each and every one playing some fantastic music.

Most of all though, thanks to John Weston, John Mills, and Woody for coming up with the idea, Lou for sneakily inviting everyone, and of course Margie and my two lads, Tony and Martin for all the undercover organising.

I took a load of pictures, so will post them up later.

Thanks again, the best birthday I've had in ages.

A cracking night for a cracking gent. :rolleyes:

So nice to meet friends I haven't seen for a while.

The musical entertainment was superb as well.

Well done to all the DJ's.

Congrats to the people involved in all the subterfuge.

The plan worked a treat and many thanks for my invite.

Thoroughly enjoyed the evening and congratulations again to Dave.

Perhaps we ought to make this an annual event. :ohmy:

Nice one :lol:

Thanks again for the invite.

Really enjoyed myself.

Perhaps we ought to make this an annual event. :rolleyes:

I don't think so Tabs, once every 50 years is enough for me, right now i'm off up town for a hair dye to cover up the extra grey that appeared over the last couple of weeks :ohmy::lol::D

I tell you, you have no idea how hard it is to be a lying sneaking conniving wotsit :lol:

I thought he would Sus it out at many points, however, by some miracle, Dave you never did, but by now, you have put 2 and 2 to-gether, and realized why we have been evasive over the last few weeks,but I have to thank a few people who made it possible, Col Kidson, for sorting the equipment out, setting it up ect, Chalky, Denise, Nige and Col, Woody,Toby, Cliff and Weston,and Danny boy, who made the trip over especially. also John Mills and VIV, Soulgirl, Lindsey, these came a awful long way to be there, big heartfelt thanks, and sorry to a lot of people who wanted to spin a few for Dave, but there just was not the time to get you in,however the nite itself was a huge success, and of course the music was of a high standard :rolleyes: we all had a wonderful nite, birthdays are always hard, not everybody,s cup of tea, but this was a great , and thankyou to all who came, and helped celebrate Dave's transition to the OLD GITS CLUB!!!

So I am available to be your party planner, my fee is negotiable, but expensive :ohmy:

Edited by mrs soul

Great night for Mr Soulful kinda Music .. Dave Rimmer , Thanks to Denise double decking with myself , music was spot on all night really enjoyed it , Charlie my old muka really enjoyed the chat hope to see ya soon aswell as Tabs ! well done to Lou and woody and John Weston and everyone else who helped , good seeing Toby Thanks for the 45 :rolleyes: once again thanks for a great night of soul music .

Guest toby

Well that was a great night out,

it goes to show the measure of the man Mr Dave Rimmer,as stated a good egg,lots of his friends were in attendance to show our Dave that he is respected on our wonderfull scene.

Mrs Soul (Lou) thanks for asking me to spn a few tunes it was an honour to do it for Daves 50th,Ted i did try and play some 70s tunesbut Wody being Woody says no way its 60s all the way,i was'nt going to argue so 60s it was.....and a damn fine night of soul music it was to.

Marge , you can relax a bit now,must have been bloody hard work for you and Lou to organise such a thing for Dave...well done.

I just loved those old photo's of Dave on the wall,he looked like a train spotter in some of those ha ha.

well done to the other chaps and a lady for DJing duties,it was a great night.

Happy Birthday Dave and thanks for being a good friend.

Toby.

Pictures... :lol:

I really need to start wearing glasses... :lol:

Can you post them up on here, then we can all appreciate them... :thumbsup::ohmy:

I tried posting them a couple of times but failed miserably. Haven't had time to do them again yet. Probably tomorrow afternoon now, I'm off out to Morecombe allnighter tonight.

A veritable who's who of the scenes most respected sons(and daughters) turned up to celebrate Daves 50th.....that in its self speaks volumes in regard to the high esteem in which Dave is held.

Harpo

And me :D

Sorry it's taken me all day to comment on this, have been out in the garden all day and we've had another Birthday to celebrate today as our oldest Daughter is 26 today, she actually should have been sharing her birthday with Dave but missed the 1st May by 6 minutes.

Anyway back to the night, what a great turn out, we had a lovely time and it was great that Dave really didn't sus anything out until he got to the door. How the hell you didn't find out about it I'll never know but in reply to you calling us all lying buggers well we didn't lie to you we just didn't tell you about it :D . The music was brill all night well done to all the dj's and I had such a laugh, Harpo it was great talking to you outside you had me in stitches, as did Louise & Dave W you both really made my night oh and Dave thanks for the sambuca but unfortunately I really couldn't drink it bloody hell that stuff burns your insides, but it was quickly taken care of and wasn't wasted. Well done to Margie and Lou for sorting it all out plus everyone else who was involved.

Looking forward to your next birthday party Dave and see you soon.

Sharon

Guest kerby

I tried posting them a couple of times but failed miserably. Haven't had time to do them again yet. Probably tomorrow afternoon now, I'm off out to Morecombe allnighter tonight.

it,s ok dave .... iv,e just posted mine :rolleyes:

mart (kerby )

Dave, glad you really enjoyed the night at your surprise party. I certainly did! Didn't think they would be able to keep it a secret but they managed to do so. Everybody's hard work who organised it certainly paid off. Big thanks for the invite. Hope you enjoy the rest of the Bank holiday weekend.

Charlie Mc

(love the story about how you all went to get a kitten from the rescue home and came back with a Staffie pup - my kind of pet shopping :) )

Glad you had a great birthday Dave,

Your now an official member of the Old Farts club.

Sorry I missed your night but I am still offshore so we will have have a sherry or 5 when we next meet.

Good to see all the undercover work done by Margie and Lou was totally missed by you which makes it all the better.

Have a great weekend pal and hopefully see you soon

Keith

Guest Beeks

finally got all the pictures loaded.

Once again, thanks to everyone who came and made it such a special night for me.

Hope you had a great time Mr Rimmer...was very surprised you never found out as the promotion of your birthday was organised like a full on nighter haha!

Sorry I couldn't be there but I was in Germany for Bamberg...see you at the next Rugby :lol:

Great time with lots of good friendly folk honouring a top fella.

Honoured to double deck with the birthday boy (hope you still like that rnb record)

Thanks to all who managed to organise this undercover (is that another bed joke Lou)

The high point for me was the ladder laugh.gif

And Cheers Woody for the early morning lift :unsure: