Soul Heaven - Rattys Sleaford

Not started a thread for ages so I have I don't duplicate one.

Just wanted to express my congrats to Dave and the DJ's for an excellent first night of a new venue with a lot of potential.

If you like your soul to have immense quality about it, and have it played by some outstanding DJ's then this night would have pleased you as much as it did me.

The venue is upstairs at a night club and has a dance floor more than suited to the occasion in size and quality.

When you can hear Chuck Cockerham, Jay Player and The Flowers all in one night to full and appreciative dance floors you just know the music is right.

Nice one Dave and Donna, it's the most I have danced since I had my hernia done!

Looking forward the Arthur Fenn at the next one.

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Enjoyed last night, good selection of music by all the DJ's, thought Dave did an excellent spot.

The room is nice and big enough with a decent wooden floor, it just needed a bit of lube !!

The only thing that bugged a few folk was paying niteclub prices for drinks !! bit higher then we normally expect to pay because all the working mens clubs etc that get used for Soul nights generally have cheap bars !!!, apart from that i reckon everybody enjoyed it because the dance floor had bodies on it from about 8.30pm, just 30mins after opening !

When we left just after 12 (due to work) the dance floor was full of smiling dancers :lol: which is nice to see !

Well done to Dave, Donna & all involved.

Ian.

Guest Midge

Agreed. It looks as though this place does have potential. I don't drink so I can't comment on the bar prices but the music is what I go to do's for and I wasn't dissapointed. Arthur Fenn next month so a return visit is essential.

If you like your soul to have immense quality about it, and have it played by some outstanding DJ's then this night would have pleased you as much as it did me.

Surely if you consider the soul to have "immense quality about it", it is irrelevant which DJ played it?

Surely if you consider the soul to have "immense quality about it", it is irrelevant which DJ played it?

Perhaps Rare Assures Type

Altough Soul Singers Have Oldie Leeches Evaluated

Current Undervalued Now Tunes

A Comment Devalues Comments

good statement Jacko

when Tats, Chris Forrest and Steve Jay appear on the same bill

the immense quality of the music stands out, with the entertainment addded by Quality jocks playing quality music,

hand in hand,

Shimple

Just wanted to express my congrats to Dave and the DJ's for an excellent first night of a new venue with a lot of potential.

The venue is upstairs at a night club and has a dance floor more than suited to the occasion in size and quality.

When you can hear Chuck Cockerham, Jay Player and The Flowers all in one night to full and appreciative dance floors you just know the music is right.

Nice one Dave and Donna, it's the most I have danced since I had my hernia done!

BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO MADE IT TO THE LAUNCH NIGHT OF "SOUL HEAVEN" FROM ALL THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK RECEIVED I'M PRETTY CERTAIN THIS WILL BECOME A REGULAR DATE IN THE SOUL CALENDAR WITH PLANS TO FEATURE SOME REALLY EXCITING DJ LINE UPS OVER THE NEXT FEW MONTHS. REMEMBER THE FIRST SATURDAY OF EACH MONTH IS "SOUL HEAVEN" @ RATTYS, SLEAFORD.

Enjoyed last night, good selection of music by all the DJ's, thought Dave did an excellent spot.

The room is nice and big enough with a decent wooden floor, it just needed a bit of lube !!

The only thing that bugged a few folk was paying niteclub prices for drinks !! bit higher then we normally expect to pay because all the working mens clubs etc that get used for Soul nights generally have cheap bars !!!, apart from that i reckon everybody enjoyed it because the dance floor had bodies on it from about 8.30pm, just 30mins after opening !

When we left just after 12 (due to work) the dance floor was full of smiling dancers biggrin.gif which is nice to see !

Well done to Dave, Donna & all involved.

Ian.

Ian,

We'll have the question of drinks prices sorted out for next month. :lol:

Cheers !

well i was really looking forward to this one. 10 minute walk from my house i thought i was going to be in soul heaven , but unfortunately it was not to be , don't get me wrong there was a knowledgable crowd who enjoyed themselves, but all the modern stuff was not my cup of tea the majority of it going straight over my head and a couple of the other locals who visit more nights than me were of the same opinion and ended with us leaving before the end.fair play to dave for having the balls to put it on and i may give it another go to further my education as it were. but as usual apart from the 7 or 8 die hards sleaford just did not turn up. highlights for me were oscar perry i got what you need and denise lasalle love reputation which probably tells you where my tastes lie,once again well done dave for putting something on in sleepy sleaford might see you next time .

kev

Once the talc liberated the floor from the clutches of it's very own stickfulness all was set.

With four of lincolnshire's top dee-jays it was always gonna be about the music and, by heavens it was.

Dave Raistrick, Chris Forrest, Andy 'Tats' Taylor and Steve 'Jay'! 'nuff said.

I know a couple of very nice people left early because the music style was not their specific preference, I don't apologise for that, I do apologise for maybe not making it clear enough that this venue is so across the board one could fall off the other side.

Once 'talced' the floor was perfect, the air conditioning help keep one cool, the company helped smooth the pathway to an event which I feel will gather in momentum and very shortly be one of the top events in Lincolnshire and the East Midlands for quality music in a quality venue.

Drinks prices, sorry about that, hope the owner may do something about that in the future but I think we are so often spoilt by 'workingmans' club' prices that we often forget what the real world charges for a beer or two.

The best thing about the whole experience...... we get to do it all again on June 6th with guest Arthur Fenn.

images on: https://ournorthernsouls.org/shmay09.aspx

well i was really looking forward to this one. 10 minute walk from my house i thought i was going to be in soul heaven , but unfortunately it was not to be , don't get me wrong there was a knowledgable crowd who enjoyed themselves, but all the modern stuff was not my cup of tea the majority of it going straight over my head and a couple of the other locals who visit more nights than me were of the same opinion and ended with us leaving before the end.fair play to dave for having the balls to put it on and i may give it another go to further my education as it were. but as usual apart from the 7 or 8 die hards sleaford just did not turn up. highlights for me were oscar perry i got what you need and denise lasalle love reputation which probably tells you where my tastes lie,once again well done dave for putting something on in sleepy sleaford might see you next time .

kev

Thanks for your comments Kev and sorry we didn't quite hit the target for you on the night.... I Do hope you do give it another go on the 6th of June with special guest Arthur Fenn.

Regards

Dave Raistrick

kev

Have to agree with Kev, as a local had really been looking forward to this. Always like to hear Anderson Brothers played out and thanks to Coops for granting my request for Dynamic Superiors!!

My son came up to pass a message on to me and said "Dad, i did'nt think you liked House music?" For me too much modern, i am not averse to a measure normally, but agree with Kev, a bit over my head too.

Plus side, well organised and friendly reception. Will be coming to the next one. I will keep an open mind. Sleaford has always had a certain apathy towards this type of thing so well done for attracting so many from away!!

Have to agree with Kev, as a local had really been looking forward to this. Always like to hear Anderson Brothers played out and thanks to Coops for granting my request for Dynamic Superiors!!

My son came up to pass a message on to me and said "Dad, i did'nt think you liked House music?" For me too much modern, i am not averse to a measure normally, but agree with Kev, a bit over my head too.

Plus side, well organised and friendly reception. Will be coming to the next one. I will keep an open mind. Sleaford has always had a certain apathy towards this type of thing so well done for attracting so many from away!!

Gary once again thanks for the comments re the first night of "Soul Heaven" l can assure you that we will always try and keep everybody catered for at some point throughout the night and hopefully when you make the next date you will be slightly more encouraged to become a regular at this brand new monthly Soul event.

Regards

Dave Raistrick

Gaz/Kev

I would just like to applaud your attitude and vision. By your own admission the music wasn't your cup of tea but you are willing to support your local soul night and more importantly open your ears to something different. Every soulie should take your example. Nice one chaps!

Good point Dave, I consider myself to be suitably reprimanded. I will re punctuate the post and make sure it reads how it should.

As punishment I will listen to The Snake.

:-)

If you like your soul to have immense quality about it then this night would have pleased you as much as it did me, in addition to that it was played by some outstanding DJ's

Good point Dave, I consider myself to be suitably reprimanded. I will re punctuate the post and make sure it reads how it should.

As punishment I will listen to The Snake.

:-)

not good enough..... we want you to DANCE to the snake! :thumbup: