Chrissie's Birthday Alldayer Fund Raiser

After last years great success where we raised over £500 a smaller event this year but we wont be cutting back on the quality of the music.

In Aid of North Bedfordshire Motor Nuerones Disease Association

The Balloon Pub

Foster Hill Road

Bedford

2pm - 12 (ish prob later)

DJs Confirmed so far:-

Tracy

Pete Bennett

Taffy

Steve Bish

Chrissie

Fingers

Steve Guarnori

Paul Mckay

Steve Clark

John

Kev Draper

Steve P

Bearsy

Pete Tebbutt

Kris Tebbutt

Couple more to confirm :thumbsup:

Free Entry.

QoFxx

I am eager to reunite the Gordonettes (but due to copyright isues you will now be known as the Ballooners) :D

• Replies 83
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Tig

After last years great success where we raised over £500 a smaller event this year but we wont be cutting back on the quality of the music.

In Aid of North Bedfordshire Motor Nuerones Disease Association

Had a brilliant time last year.... :D

I believe liz and I drunk far toooo much... :lol: Unusual I know :thumbsup:

Must have been your influence Chrissie :not_i:

dxxxx

Had a brilliant time last year.... :D

I believe liz and I drunk far toooo much... :lol: Unusual I know :thumbsup:

Must have been your influence Chrissie :not_i:

dxxxx

DOnt know about you but I was legless :lol::) Hopefully this year I wont be in a wheelchair :D

Liz, drink too much, never heard of such a thing :lol:

post-2137-1241385581_thumb.jpg

post-2137-1241386320_thumb.jpg

Edited by chrissie
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Bearsy

Bearsy added to the DJ line up :shades:

Will we get a repeat perfomance of the Gordonettes (or the "Ballooners" as you are now known :tumbleweed3:laugh.gif

QoFxx

no doubt myself and Lou will give another performance but we might have to try a different track this year biggrin.gif i can feel a rehersal coming on :thumbup:

cant wait as its for a great cause and one dear to Chrissie so lets all come out to play and support this great little day out in the middle of nowhere :no:

Bearsy & Marie

no doubt myself and Lou will give another performance but we might have to try a different track this year :no: i can feel a rehersal coming on :thumbup:

cant wait as its for a great cause and one dear to Chrissie so lets all come out to play and support this great little day out in the middle of nowhere :no:

Bearsy & Marie

Will be great to see you both and hopefully you and I wont be plastered...............if you know what I mean. :shades:laugh.gif

Pete & Kris Tebutt added to the line up for a bit of RnB from Pete no doubt and something a little different from the norm from Kris. ph34r.gif

I don't think this could get any more "across the board" with predominantely 60s northern and a little bit of everythig else thrown in for good measure :tumbleweed3:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Guest soulmanherts

Was a great time last year , and look forward too it again, hope i get to see geoff park his car like last year ..god that was so funny.

Rob

Guest toby

Looking foward to this crazy day out to celabrate QOF birthday yet again how many is it girl?

Last year was a hoot so no doubt this year will be the same..........bring it on i say.

A reasonable array of DJs some cool,some nutty,and some out and out daft ones,but love 'em all.

The Ballon public house is just right for this event,very well stocked bar,wooden dance floor area,smokers area,easy parking on the street.

A must do event in Bedford.

Toby.

Looking foward to this crazy day out to celabrate QOF birthday yet again how many is it girl?

Last year was a hoot so no doubt this year will be the same..........bring it on i say.

A reasonable array of DJs some cool,some nutty,and some out and out daft ones,but love 'em all.

The Ballon public house is just right for this event,very well stocked bar,wooden dance floor area,smokers area,easy parking on the street.

A must do event in Bedford.

Toby.

..............and only £2 a pint :ohmy:

QoFxx

, hope i get to see geoff park his car like last year ..god that was so funny.

Rob

Now now young Rob,our Geoff (my adopted dad)is a great driver with or without his glasses on,so ease up on the old fella mate.

I think Chrissie(o) has put my dad Geoff on the line up this year and i think he'll be double decking with ME,a nice addition to the line up me thinks,a refreshing person to have behind the decks is Geoff,no bollox,no egos,just good old plain SOUL music played by a passionate man.

Apart from that he's giving me a lift :lol: to and from the venue....good on ya dad.

Toby.

Yes, Geoff is now on the line up to DD with you and I have a couple of other suprises up my sleeve :ohmy: just waiting to hear back.

Looks like DD mayhem again this year wink.gif

QoFxx

Guest t.o.t.s.s.c

Just had a chat with the venue and we have come to an agreement for an earlier start.

Kick off will now be 2pm :ohmy:

QoFxx

Will there be any pies for me and Toby to argue over. I WANT THAT ONE no f off i saw it first, well can i have a slice then no

f off its all mine. I suppose if TOBY is there we better bring a pack up. se you at TOTS next week

atb pete

Will there be any pies for me and Toby to argue over. I WANT THAT ONE no f off i saw it first, well can i have a slice then no

f off its all mine. I suppose if TOBY is there we better bring a pack up. se you at TOTS next week

atb pete

Unfortunatley for you and Toby, to prevent any schoolboy fighting I have decided against pies. I don't want catapults and spud guns at dawn again :ohmy:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Bet you loads that the suprise will be YOu buying us a beer for a change :ohmy:

No can do toby, wouldn't want you suffering a heart attack, think about it this way, I am doing it for your own good.

Anyway...............my birthday therefore you buy the beers :lol:beer.gif

QoF

no doubt myself and Lou will give another performance but we might have to try a different track this year :lol: i can feel a rehersal coming on :lol:

cant wait as its for a great cause and one dear to Chrissie so lets all come out to play and support this great little day out in the middle of nowhere :g:

Bearsy & Marie

oh yes..think I may wear an evening ball gown :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just need to confirm details but we are hoping to run Texas Holdem Tournies for the charity (and a little something for winners) as there is a seperate bar where you can hear the music quite clearly

Any one got any chip sets :P and "dolly dealer" volunteers :P:( So thats, Liz, Denise, Kelly & Lou so far :rolleyes::P

Hoping to run this between 4pm and 7pm

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Just need to confirm details but we are hoping to run Texas Holdem Tournies for the charity (and a little something for winners) as there is a seperate bar where you can hear the music quite clearly

Any one got any chip sets :rolleyes: and "dolly dealer" volunteers :P:P

QoFxx

Hi Chrissie i think we have a poker set up the loft i will find it out and bring it to cleethorpes for you if thats any help

margie xxx

Hi Chrissie i think we have a poker set up the loft i will find it out and bring it to cleethorpes for you if thats any help

margie xxx

That would be great. I know you can't make it as Dave is at Wellingborough but know you would be if you could and I can give them to Lou to bring back for you.

Really sorry to be clashing with Wellingborough, especially as I am keeper of the "No Clash" calendar but I had no choice on dates and I hope it won't effect either events.

QoFxx

Any one got any chip sets :( and "dolly dealer" volunteers :thumbup::thumbup: So thats, Liz, Denise, Kelly & Lou so far :rolleyes::P

QoFxx

.........and that's not all, Rob Chadwick, my poker buddy has offered to help organise it................scary :P:P

QoFxx

Any one got any chip sets :lol: and "dolly dealer" volunteers :lol::D So thats, Liz, Denise, Kelly & Lou so far :boxing:ohmy.gif

QoFxx

Chip sets sorted thanks to Mrs Rimmer and Mr Chadwick, just need the dolly dealers to volunteer, you may as well cos you wont get any say in the matter anyway, so you may as well just give in gracefully :lol:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
  • 3 weeks later...

I have spoken to the landlord and he has OK'd the Charity poker tournaments. These will be run between 4pm - 7pm and will not interfere with music and merriment, half the pot will go to the charity and half to the winner of each tournie.

Rob Chadwick will be organising this so I am going to leave it in his capable hands whistling.gif

QoFxx

Yes of course my dear :thumbup:

Great news, Paul McKay has just confirmed. So another rare sighting of two of my favourite DJs performing double decking mayhem Mr McKay & Mr G and if last years performance is anything to go by this is a sight and sound not to be missed :thumbup:

One/two more to confirm then I can put up the order of play.

QoFxx

Guest soulmanherts

CAN i BE A DOLLY DEALER PLEASE innocent.gif

Cant thing off anyone better to be a DOLLY DEALER

IF ANYONE IS THINKING OFF PLAYING IN THIS LET ME KNOW IF THEY NEED TO KNOW THE RULES ETC, I AM STARTING TO GET INFO TOGETHER ABOUT RULES ETC

Guest Bernadette

would love to be joining you Chrissie but i'm going to see the Controllers in London that day....grrr I hate it when things clash angry.gif have a good one sweetie good.gif

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so now some of the housekeepingy stuffs. :chinstroke:

There is parking at the pub for approx 8 cars, a permit will need to be displayed but I have those organised. Otherwise, on road parking is pay and display up until 5pm then free cost is approximately £3.00.

Rob has set the house rules and run of play for the poker tournies. There will be 2 tables of 6 people running between 4pm - 7pm and will be in an adjoining bar so wont interfere with the music.

One table will be £10 entry with £20 going to the winner £10 to runner up and £30 to the charity. The other table will be £5 entry with winner taking £15 and £15 going to the charity. The Blinds will be doubling every 5 minutes.

For anyone who hasn't played Texas Holdem poker start practising and learning the rules it should be great fun. :wicked: There is a fun (no money) application for Texas on face book and as Alexander Meerkat would say....its "SIMPLES" :good:

There are plenty of restaurants and takeaways within a 5 min walk, I think my last count was about 16 so no problem finding anything to eat.

If anyone wants to know any more local info, i.e. B&Bs/Hotels etc just PM me.

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Hi Chrissie, this date is in my diary - I just need to check up on a couple of things before can say I will definatelly attend.

Very worthy cause, so wish you good luck raising a good sum for this particular charity.

Thanks, Ray Mahoney

(ps/ your flyers were put out at 'Club Caliente' - saw a couple being picked up and put in pockets)

Edited by Raym

Hi Chrissie, this date is in my diary - I just need to check up on a couple of things before can say I will definatelly attend.

Very worthy cause, so wish you good luck raising a good sum for this particular charity.

Thanks, Ray Mahoney

(ps/ your flyers were put out at 'Club Caliente' - saw a couple being picked up and put in pockets)

Will be great to see you. :thumbsup:

Looking good for the 7th so will bring some more flyers with me.

QoFxx

Cant thing off anyone better to be a DOLLY DEALER

IF ANYONE IS THINKING OFF PLAYING IN THIS LET ME KNOW IF THEY NEED TO KNOW THE RULES ETC, I AM STARTING TO GET INFO TOGETHER ABOUT RULES ETC

but I really aint got a clue how to deal..just wondering, is it like deal or no deal :thumbsup:

Guest Pete Bennett

I can't wait. Last year's kiss between Lynn and Liz will go down in history.

I am pretty certain Liz is up for a dolly dealer, don't know whether that means she wants to be one or wants to have one? Answers on a post card.

Chrissie it will be awsome again and this year we want to beat last year's total.

Good on you girl. See you soon. And this year without the wheel chair because going to the pub on Sunday lunch time is such a drag when you are having to push someone along cobbled streets.

xxxxxx

Ditto that Steve !!! We're all looking forward to it, Just need to hook up with Chrissie and go and check out the equipment. Atb Steve

May be going peterborough tonight but apart from that I am about all weekend so give me a call and we can hook up :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Guest soulmanherts

but I really aint got a clue how to deal..just wondering, is it like deal or no deal laugh.gif

lol...ill show you i even got a automatic card shuffler for you..lol.. so be well easy

whatever tongue.gifthumbsup.gif

QoFxx

In all seriousness I CANT DJ for you on this day,but in your words "The technicaly inept Geoff Green" will do just fine,(yes a was played your voicemail message to Andy last night).I think IMO you are being a bit cruel and harsh on Geoff as he is someone whos been around for years and years a lot longer than you i might add,his enthusiasm is second to none on this scene of ours,to call him ONEPT is wrong imo,you maybe should take a look at oneself now and again(remember Blue Skies..Hatfield,mis cue one after the other,nothing wrong with the deck set up either)

Toby

Guest Pete Bennett

Quite right Toby Geoff is indeed very experienced and one of life's real gents. I am not certain how technically good he is but it always helps those of us who can't quite see as well as we used to to have someone who can see double decking with us.

Andy I am sure you two will be excellent if indeed you appear together. Probably one of the highlights of the day.

See you all there.

Pete.

ps Talking as someone who IS technically lacking, how the hell do you get these emoticons to work?

I think it is better if I withdraw from this alldayer. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Genuinly disappointed to hear you thinking like that Geoff, especially as I was planning on whisking you up there in the 'Rex'.

Not sure I am following the sub plot on this thread fully unsure.gif , but it's a charity all-dayer for a good cause, so let's get and keep the good will out.

Chrissie I hope the pub sells non alcaholic beer-io for us 'driving types'.

Any news on the DJ times?

I think it is better if I withdraw from this alldayer. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I,m sorry to hear this geoff, was looking forward to hearing you out!!

so at this piont I have to ask, what are the dj, times and line up chrissie please, cos me and woody are at a wedding friday as you know, we really need to know whats going on,as we have a full weekend, and we dont know where we are staying yet! only dont want to get stranded out side again like last year shades.gif as steve says, it is for agood cause, and was looking forward to giving bearsy a run for his records :wicked:

Guest Pete Bennett

Time to get this thread back on track, It's going to be a cracking alldayer, with like minded people with little egos, doing there bit for a very good cause yes.gif . The music policy will be accross the board (how could it not be, with that array of jocks) So Come on lets have it !!!!!!!!!!!!!yes.gifyes.gifyes.gif Atb Steve

Couldn't agree more!!! Let's go for it, me and Liz will definitely be there and are looking forward to an afternoon and evening FULL of SOUL. Geoff, you are so wanted and I for one will be most disappointed if you are'nt there and perhaps more importanly so will your mate from the Victoria Line. Please don't turn into one of these precious types. Go with what your soul tells you and you know what that is. thumbup.gif .

By the way, I have got the emoticons working.

Oh and Paul you can sleep in our room if you want.

P

Guest Bearsy

Really looking forward to this and spinning some tunes with the lovely Lou for a very worthy cause and sharing the day with so many great freinds thumbup.gif

Oh and Geoff you are loved and wanted and highly respected by all so get your arse there and play some tunes for us all to saviour good.gif

Source Advert