Annoying Gits On Evil-bay

Guest the dukester

Guest the dukester

HAVING JUST RETURNED FROM ANOTHER WEEKENDS DJ,ING EXPLOITS, I FIRED UP THE OLD PC TO CHECK IF HAD SECURED CLEO RANDLE - BIG CITY LIGHTS ON EBAY.

PRETTY CONFIDENT OF GETTING IT FOR MY MAX BID I WAS GREETED WITH AN E MAIL STATING "THE BID HAD BEEN CANCELLED" WHAT THE F**** GOING ON HERE I THOUGHT..... THE GUY HAD REMOVED IT COS HE PLAYED IT AND FORGOT HOW GOOD IT WAS SO HE STOPPED THE AUCTION!!!! :thumbsup::D MORE LIKE HE REALISED HE HAD POSTED THE RECORD AT TOO LOW A PRICE!!

WHEN OH WHEN WILL THIS STOP, IF BIDS ARE IN YOU SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO PULL IT!! IF I HAD JUST BOUGHT IT FROM A SALES BOX AT A SOUL NIGHT AND 10 MINUTES LATER THE DJ PLAYED IT, WOULD THE GUY HAVE COME TO ME AND SAID "SORRY MATE I WANT IT BACK, I FORGOT HOW GOOD IT WAS" MY REPLY WOULD HAVE BEEN :) BUT WITH MORE EXPLETIVES!!

IF YOU WANT TO COVER YOUR BACK WHEN SELLING PUT "HAVE RIGHT TO REMOVE AS ADVERTISED FOR SALE ELSEWHERE" AS THEY DO WITH CARS ETC!! STILL SHOULD HAVE CHECKED HIS FEEDBACK AS HE REFUSED TO SELL A RECORD HE'D AUCTIONED PREVIOUSLY TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER £460 :D

THE WORDS MORE & RON SPRING TO MIND BUT HEY ITS JUST MY OPINION :D

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Jamie

Hi Dukesy :thumbsup:

Great tune, played it on Friday.

Just out of interest, how much would you have won it for??

My best one was when I won a copy of Ella Woods on Merging for just over $180 and the fcuker sent me an email saying that when he got it out of the sleeve to check it before posting he noticed it was cracked in 3 places. He said it was unplayable and going in the dumpster.

I asked him to send it to me instead of chucking it out.

His reply, a week later, was that he'd already thrown it out.

Yeah right :D

Jamie :)

Social source share

Ah the beauty of ebay.

Had the 'cracked' excuse many a time before now, as well as the 'grading was not as good as I advertised' excuse.

Not to mention having a different record by the same artist arrive (usually crap and worthless) to be told that the item I won was out of stock, so they have sent an alternative... :)

However, on a few rare occassions, the following has happened.

When the seller has offered me a refund of my payment, I have accepted, but told them to keep the shipping cost and post the item to me anyway.

They turn up, and guess what......lovely condition and no cracks etc... :thumbsup:

Edited by Mace
Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

HAVING JUST RETURNED FROM ANOTHER WEEKENDS DJ,ING EXPLOITS, I FIRED UP THE OLD PC TO CHECK IF HAD SECURED CLEO RANDLE - BIG CITY LIGHTS ON EBAY.

PRETTY CONFIDENT OF GETTING IT FOR MY MAX BID I WAS GREETED WITH AN E MAIL STATING "THE BID HAD BEEN CANCELLED" WHAT THE F**** GOING ON HERE I THOUGHT..... THE GUY HAD REMOVED IT COS HE PLAYED IT AND FORGOT HOW GOOD IT WAS SO HE STOPPED THE AUCTION!!!!  :thumbsup:   :) MORE LIKE HE REALISED HE HAD POSTED THE RECORD AT TOO LOW A PRICE!!

WHEN OH WHEN WILL THIS STOP, IF BIDS ARE IN YOU SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO PULL IT!! IF I HAD JUST BOUGHT IT FROM A SALES BOX AT A SOUL NIGHT AND 10 MINUTES LATER THE DJ PLAYED IT, WOULD THE GUY HAVE COME TO ME AND SAID "SORRY MATE I WANT IT BACK, I FORGOT HOW GOOD IT WAS" MY REPLY WOULD HAVE BEEN :) BUT WITH MORE EXPLETIVES!!

IF YOU WANT TO COVER YOUR BACK WHEN SELLING PUT "HAVE RIGHT TO REMOVE AS ADVERTISED FOR SALE ELSEWHERE" AS THEY DO WITH CARS ETC!! STILL SHOULD HAVE CHECKED HIS FEEDBACK AS HE REFUSED TO SELL A RECORD HE'D AUCTIONED PREVIOUSLY TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER £460 :D

link

can understand the annoiance of this

but how many of us have secured that illusive 45 with a sneeky e-mail asking the seller to withdraw the item :D

i know i have and just two days ago withdrew my own items so a fellow soul-sourcer could get his grubby mits on some goodies

good on ya andy :D looking forward to seeing your mum :D

at the end of the day it's not your record until the auction ends :D

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

PRETTY CONFIDENT OF GETTING IT FOR MY MAX BID I WAS GREETED WITH AN E MAIL STATING "THE BID HAD BEEN CANCELLED" WHAT THE F**** GOING ON HERE I THOUGHT..... THE GUY HAD REMOVED IT COS HE PLAYED IT AND FORGOT HOW GOOD IT WAS SO HE STOPPED THE AUCTION!!!!  :thumbsup:   :D MORE LIKE HE REALISED HE HAD POSTED THE RECORD AT TOO LOW A PRICE!!

IF YOU WANT TO COVER YOUR BACK WHEN SELLING PUT "HAVE RIGHT TO REMOVE AS ADVERTISED FOR SALE ELSEWHERE" AS THEY DO WITH CARS ETC!! STILL SHOULD HAVE CHECKED HIS FEEDBACK AS HE REFUSED TO SELL A RECORD HE'D AUCTIONED PREVIOUSLY TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER £460 :)

link

I'm locked in an ebay battle at the moment , it's been nigh on 3 weeks now and the vinyl hasnt managed to make it's way from Nottingham, anyone fancy a trip over i'll pay your expenses :D

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

but how many of us have secured that illusive 45 with a sneeky e-mail asking the seller to withdraw the item :thumbsup:

i know i have and just two days ago withdrew my own items so a fellow soul-sourcer could get his grubby mits on some goodies

good on ya andy :) looking forward to seeing your mum :D

link

I have had this happen to me and it is very annoying but it does'nt only happen on ebay. I had a winning confirmation letter from Mr Stanley to say I had won a copy of Curtis Lee -Is She in Your Town for $300 last year. Sent the money but got a letter to say that I would'nt now be getting the record as he had discovered that it was a boot. No-one I know has ever seen a boot of Curtis Lee!! So he obviously had someone offer him more after he had sent the winning confirmation.Needless to say I have not ordered anything since even though I may miss out.

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Hi Dukesy  :thumbsup:

Great tune, played it on Friday.

Just out of interest, how much would you have won it for??

My best one was when I won a copy of Ella Woods on Merging for just over $180 and the fcuker sent me an email saying that when he got it out of the sleeve to check it before posting he noticed it was cracked in 3 places. He said it was  unplayable and going in the dumpster.

I asked him to send it to me instead of chucking it out.

His reply, a week later, was that he'd already thrown it out.

Yeah right  :lol:

Jamie  :ohmy:

link

HI JAMIE,

WOULD HAVE GOT IT FOR UNDER £20 :angry:

Social source share

Guest Jamie

HI JAMIE,

WOULD HAVE GOT IT FOR UNDER £20 :angry:

link

Off topic I know, but I played that for Matty a year ago and he said it was Sh!te.

I bet if you played him it, he'd love it :ohmy:

I thought he'd joined the site now?

Where are you Matty?? come and give me some stick :(:thumbsup::D

Jamie :lol:

Social source share

I asked a seller to withdraw a record last year that I desperately wanted. After checking with several people I offered what I thought to be a fair amount above the current price, there were no bidders at this point. He replied, I wasn't the only person who had asked him to end the auction and was now so confident this record would reach well over my offer, that he was going to see the auction out to the end. Gutted, but fair enough. And I was a little worried that he might report me to ebay. (he didn't)

The last day of the auction arrives and there's 4 people bidding, I didn't want to get drawn into a silly price hike game with the others so 20 minutes before the end I stuck in the amount I had originally offered as my max bid and went for a bath. I won the record and at $450 less than my max bid, was so relived a few weeks later when it finally arrived, and as stated was in mint condition PHEW

Social source share

PRETTY CONFIDENT OF GETTING IT FOR MY MAX BID I WAS GREETED WITH AN E MAIL STATING "THE BID HAD BEEN CANCELLED" WHAT THE F**** GOING ON HERE I THOUGHT..... THE GUY HAD REMOVED IT COS HE PLAYED IT AND FORGOT HOW GOOD IT WAS SO HE STOPPED THE AUCTION!!!!  :(   :lol: MORE LIKE HE REALISED HE HAD POSTED THE RECORD AT TOO LOW A PRICE!!

WHEN OH WHEN WILL THIS STOP, IF BIDS ARE IN YOU SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO PULL IT!! IF I HAD JUST BOUGHT IT FROM A SALES BOX AT A SOUL NIGHT AND 10 MINUTES LATER THE DJ PLAYED IT, WOULD THE GUY HAVE COME TO ME AND SAID "SORRY MATE I WANT IT BACK, I FORGOT HOW GOOD IT WAS" MY REPLY WOULD HAVE BEEN :thumbsup: BUT WITH MORE EXPLETIVES!!

IF YOU WANT TO COVER YOUR BACK WHEN SELLING PUT "HAVE RIGHT TO REMOVE AS ADVERTISED FOR SALE ELSEWHERE" AS THEY DO WITH CARS ETC!! STILL SHOULD HAVE CHECKED HIS FEEDBACK AS HE REFUSED TO SELL A RECORD HE'D AUCTIONED PREVIOUSLY TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER £460 :ohmy:

link

This happened to me t'other week on Gene Chandler - Mr Big Shot.I was winning bidder and then got email telling me that record was no longer for sale. :D

Social source share

This happened to me t'other week on Gene Chandler - Mr Big Shot.I was winning bidder and then got email telling me that record was no longer for sale. ranting_1.gif

link

Sometimes you just can't blame the seller!! I am privy to what Janine tried to pull early (in the above post) and I would've dont the same and dont really blame the seller not wanting to pull it at that point. But really! Mr Bigshot! Hardly a rarity - and if it has been ended because the seller has been made an offer he cant refuse - well more fool the buyer IMO, stick at it, it will come up again.

Social source share

but how many of us have secured that illusive 45 with a sneeky e-mail asking the seller to withdraw the item :yes:

good on ya andy :yes: looking forward to seeing your mum :lol:

link

when I put stuff on ebay its there for the duration, recently put the Q thats the way up and i had 15 e-mails with "wot do you want to withdraw it", "shag all" I replied its up for 5 days and there it will stay and a true bidder got it for a snip of a price Im happy hes happy. :D

If you dont want to let the auctions run its course why the f**k do you put them on why not just advertise with a list via this site asking for bids, instead of pissing people off by withdrawing an item half way through. ranting_1.gif

MMMMMMMmmmm prehaps im just not the greedy type, I also dont ask a seller to withdraw an item - proper gent see, want to let all comers have a snatch at the prizes. :huh:

Geeooooordie

Social source share

when I put stuff on ebay its there for the duration, recently put the Q thats the way up and i had 15 e-mails with "wot do you want to withdraw it", "shag all" I replied its up for 5 days and there it will stay and a true bidder got it for a snip of a price Im happy hes happy. :yes:

If you dont want to let the auctions run its course why the f**k do you put them on why not just advertise with a list via this site asking for bids, instead  of pissing people off by withdrawing an item half way through. sleep3.gif

MMMMMMMmmmm prehaps im just not the greedy type, I also dont ask a seller to withdraw an item - proper gent see, want to let all comers have a snatch at the prizes. :lol:

Geeooooordie

link

geordie

you sound like a true gent, but then whilst you sit at home all polite sipping brown ale from a china cup, that item has just been withdrawn to a fella rubbing his hands.

sometimes if you cant beat them at his game you gotta join them

theres no solution :huh:

anyway i only plough the wedge back into the market so swings and round-a-bouts as they say :yes:

Edited by sigher the gutter snype
Social source share

Guest 71TRSC

Some $%&*+* has got into my ebay account and changed the password so I cant get into my own account. I am now getting emails from people asking about stuff I am allegedly selling?!?! And ebays helpdesk thingy doesnt open till 2.00. So consider your problem a minor one!

Social source share

At the end of the day, the record is the sellers property and he can do what he likes with it. I sold 22 items on Ebay last week and almost every one went for less than it's value (Seven Souls £220 etc) and I could see they weren't going to hit the right price but that's my fault for not putting a reserve on them. HOWEVER...if someone had offered me £400 for it while the auction was going on, I would have definitely sold it. Mouths to feed.

Social source share

Some $%&*+* has got into my ebay account and changed the password so I cant get into my own account.  I am now getting emails from people asking about stuff I am allegedly selling?!?!  And ebays helpdesk thingy doesnt open till 2.00.  So consider your problem a minor one!

link

that is not a laughing matter :thumbsup:

altough i have just purchased some freshly soiled undies in your name :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert