Soulshaker Weekend 09 Bamberg

look like im the first one to start the thread, first of all Malayka and Susanne top weekender, And it was excellent the venue the music across the board i was in good company gail, beeks proffeserturnups crowds from northampton, gary buck, mike and his lovely wife, on topic again the young german crowd were really enthusiastic they love there vinyls and there dancing top dj for me was marc forrest friday night if ur looking in marc, ur listed for friday night, even the record collecter from america brad hales, played some soulful rnb even got my head turning, if u havnt been i'll well recommend it as well as sight seeing through the day, i hope someone can add more at a later date.

Billy P.S: if ur looking in herr martin crout send anna my soulful love

Edited by billywhizz
  • Replies 61
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest stromberg

look like im the first one to start the thread, first of all Malayka and Susanne top weekender, And it was excellent the venue the music across the board i was in good company gail, beeks proffeserturnups crowds from northampton, gary buck, mike and his lovely wife, on topic again the young german crowd were really enthusiastic they love there vinyls and there dancing top dj for me was marc forrest friday night if ur looking in marc, ur listed for friday night, even the record collecter from america brad hales, played some soulful rnb even got my head turning, if u havnt been i'll well recommend it as well as sight seeing through the day, i hope someone can add more at a later date.

I don't think you can expect much more from a european soul event. fantastic DJ line up, awesome venue and an enthusiastic open minded crowd. All this in a jewel of a city, so there is always something to see when you want to get some fresh air in the daytime or spend a few days around the weekend. The weather is always good at the weekender, it seems to be a natural law. Food and beer is good and cheap, I thought they mis-printed the menu at the restaurant we were at on friday evening, so I drank as much as I could before they would realize their mistake :lol:

Good to see so many travellers from all over europe, seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

anyway, you get the picture,

can't wait for next year,

Susanne and Malayka, thanks for your effort and organizing it thumbsup.gif

best,

Stefan

Guest Beeks

What can I say...had a top weekend and Billy you kept me laughing all the way through it...highlight being your sandwiches in Bremen story :yes: if anyone deserves legendary status tis you my friend :lol:

Anyway on topic arrived in Bamberg to gorgeous weather with Billy, Prof and the Derby lot...had a little snooze then out for the first nighter...good crowd in...great atmosphere...the venue has to be seen...fantastic...great architecture and an outside space that cannot be beat (Even had swingchairs) but overall the music wasn't to my taste...too much 70s in the main room(there is a seperate Modern room) so didn't have much of a dance

Saturday me and Gail bobbed around Bamberg in what can only describe as weather like the very best British summers...had a couple Kaiserdoms in the main street where live bands were on a stage and got to know the town...the people are so friendly and helpful and bent over backwards to help you when having trouble with the lingo...seriously folks if you have not been try it...the town is like something straight out of 'Hansel & Gretel' absolutely stunning

Saturday night at the venue...now this is more like it...Brad Hales played a fantastic set of R&B and 60s which had me on the floor for most of it...and all the DJs played some decent records

Met loads of new people...was nice to see Manchester represented...Bearsoul et al (dont forget my birthday spins at Taste of Honey :D ) and it really did leave me with an overall impression of a good continental weekender and one I would recommend to anyone

Finished my mini break with 'Sausages & Soul' on the Sunday afternoon with all the DJs from the nighters spinning records in the cafe across the road from the venue whilst feeding the masses with a free buffet...then a stressed 'leg it' to Nurenberg airport and back to blighty

If anyone wants a great time in beautiful surroundings and lots of smiling faces then try this next year...you will not regret it thumbsup.gif

Thanks Malayka and Susanne for making us feel so welcome :thumbup:

Edited by Beeks

Susanne & I like to thank all of you who made the effort to come to Bamberg and celebrate with us.

Thanks to all the DJs, who did a fantastic job, delighted the visitors and us with new tunes. The crowd was mad for dancing and in both rooms the dancefloor was busy all night long.

We loved the fact that we had so many international travellers at SoulShakers.

We don#t know how many people there were, as our girls at the entrance were too busy to write it down...

One thing to the music: we give our Djs the freedom to play whatever they feel like & whatever the crowd moves to - the rooms are not called 6ties & 7ties room, therefore, you would have to expect 7ties, even 8ties in the big room. The only music policy we have is none.

Susanne & I are already planning next years issue of SoulShakers...we just can get enough wink.gif

We will keep you informed.

Thank you again, :unsure:

the two knackered, but happy promoters

MALAYKA & SUSANNE

ps. photos...anyone...?

Edited by malayka

Again a fantastic weekend in Bamberg...thank you Susanne and Malayka!!! :unsure: I met so nice people from all over Europe and it was so great Jocko came over to Bamberg. One good reason why I like the Bamberg-Experience so much is because of that there is no strict music policy. Please keep it like that! Doing a set on the Alldayer with Kubi was great fun. Also not finding the Hotel with Doc Schlucki on saturday morning and hoping that some smurfs come around and take us by the hand... hypo.gif

...and our little aftershow party in the streets of Bamberg with "Kl¶ten-Klaus" and all the others on sunday morning. But the best thing was dancing with the people to imaginary soul when the music stops on saturday morning.....so they had to turn it on again.... :D A Brad Hales playlist from friday would be interessting. See you all next yearTolbert

Just a quick one to say we all had an amazing time in Bamberg, really glad Edu & Polly recommended this week-ender to me as it was surely worth it. Very nice and atmospheric venue, plenty of space for dancing even with several 100s of people filling the place. it made the whole thing very relaxing and mellow.

Quality and varied sets from all the djs, and just the right mix of obscure and popular tunes with a young and energetic crowd filling the floor.

On top of that, a cute little town with very affordable restaurants and bars + the german efficiency of public transport & logistics (wish we had more of that here in italy...) made the trip super smooth.

Well done Suzanne and Malayka!

But the best thing was dancing with the people to imaginary soul when the music stops on saturday morning.....so they had to turn it on again.... :unsure:

I forgot all about that... !!!! yes, tht was amazing... i tried to get the crowd out of the venue...as it was way after 5.00 already...and they just kept on dancing with no music...and when i dropped another "last record" (either Jesse Potter or Sssence) the people seemed to explode on the floor....that was amazing, you're right Tolbert...

Also, thanks so much for the " Dynamic Duo" Perfromance on saturday afternoon - as always a great pleasure!

Malayka

Susanne & I are already planning next years issue of SoulShakers...we just can get enough wink.gif

Likewise :thumbsup:

Still a bit fuzzy now (somehow I always manage an extra allniter on the Sunday night)

Big thank you to Malayka and Susanne yet again for another great Bamberg experience. Although we arrived a day earlier than usual, it seemed the shortest one yet.

I managed to get 3 apartments in the same building this year for our travelling team: Jenny, Claire, Trev, Ian, Arthur, Pete, Karen and myself. Cocktails on level one apartment with guests Jock & Diane before the Thursday cinema night outing, was probably not the best time to trust Pete with a set of keys for level two - but at least the stairs he slept on were warm and they managed to get in for a shower and change before the Friday niter. Most of us enjoyed the Chess movie - because although it was dubbed over in German so that we couldn't understand a word - the sex and soul music made sense enough to follow the story. The bean stew at the cinema was also top notch.

Fresh on the Friday morning and determined to finally see the castle this year, we walked 90min in the wrong direction (thanks Mr Thorley) before both plopping ourselves at a table for a bite at 1pm. This short break ended over four hours later by which time about 30 uk/euro soulies joined us and the growing group as they passed by, deserted their arriving taxis and luggage or answered their texts. The cafe ran out of cold beer and we all eventually left for dinner and drinks up the hill, killing any plans for a nap before the first niter began.

Freshly showered and changed we took the grand timber staircase up to the niter venue. Personally I remembered the main room was predominately uptempo 60s both nights - as dictated by the hundreds of young german dancers (...but what would I know). Irrespective, this is one of the few venues that I've ever been torn between both rooms for dancing - and long may they continue to book dj's with good vinyl taste who are then given the freedom to deliver from the heart. It's kinda hard to go wrong for me really, when the niter dj lineup was advertised as: Butch, Soul Sam, Brad Hales, Lars Bulnheim, Edu Domingo, Marc Forrest, Ady Pountain, Malayka, Martin Walgenbach and Dave Thorley. I think that says it all really :lol: .

We love the sunrise walk back after the niters. Bamberg is a pictureque Bavarian town of cobblestone streets and timber & sandstone buildings - and the smell of bakers bread wafted through the air as we took the short walk over the bridge (and frustrated the hell out of me because I could not find anywhere open yet to buy it). Crawled up on hands and knees to our level three apartment, stripped off and air sealed the wet dancing clothes, scrubbed the face and teeth, grabbed the essential eyemask blackout and lost consciousness for a few glorious hours of snoring.

After a long soak, we arrived at the Saturday dayer earlier than most and grabbed a vegetarian chille for breakfast (with extra tabasco sauce in mine) and yet another espresso. It wasn't long before I felt human again and started to enjoy the company, noticing Jorg then Edu & Polly ... before Trevor, Kitch and Val entertained me for ages with their school boy record scwabbles (as Julia edged them on) with lots more faces filling the room and outside ...and ordering more food rings a bell too. Dayers are a great time to let the mind and mouth wander, while the Germans entertained us on the decks all afternoon including Tolbert, Stefan, Markus, Niels and Ralphi (not German?) who had us tapping and smiling away and making it harder to leave. We left after 6pm for a quick sightsee and another quick roast & dumpling meal before the Saturday niter. It was hard work but well worth it :g:

On a personal note, we girls must thank Bamberg virgin Elaine (Val's demure other half) for representing us for the film crew. We look forward to seeing her interview on the big screen next year. The couple filming (with names I cannot spell) also drove Arthur & I to the castle between the Saturday dayer and niter - how nice was that! My German soul mate Markus was there again this year and I'm sure we knew each other in a past life because it's uncanny how we still both go crazy for the same records (it's like running into a mirror full speed across a crowded dancefloor, except that he's much younger and better looking). Brad from Detroit won us over too and played two records at their apartment which I adored and scribbled down, only to be told that he gave (yes gave!!!) one of them away to Sam. At least Sam managed to play it at the Sunday dayer ...as he took over the decks for over four hours - with Dave getting occassional records in when he was brave enough.

The Sunday dayer included some additional entertainment this year, as thousands of runners ran a marathon. Sitting outside and cheering these guys & girls on throughout the "Sam & Dave session", made us realise how lucky we were to have alcohol and allniters in our lives instead. Marc and Corina were pleased to be there also, as they had missed their train back to Berlin and didn't seem to care. Karen as always, took an opportunity to hand out Boomerang flyers, so we may just see some fit marathon Germans at our next soul night.

As per usual, most disappear to their home towns and countries by Sunday evening and a few tables wander off for dinner until we're kicked out of the restaurant around midnight, only to get back to the apartment and not be able to sleep due to 3 days of self-inflicted jetlagg. Knowing we were leaving Monday evening, Bamberg mourned by taking away the sunshine and warmth that day ...but allowed us our final chance for dumplings and strudel ...and for karen's obsession for their white massive asparagus (she had it for breakfast, lunch and dinner whilst there and then sent us searching shops for the seeds on the Monday!).

Got home about midnight last night and glad to grab a few hours sleep because looking in the mirror was beginning to frighten me more than usual. Already made plans for next year - if the landlord will have us back :thumbup:

It's always sad when we all say goodbye at the airport. I just don't know where the time went.

m

Thanks to Malayka and Susanne yet again for another BRILLIANT week-end in Bamberg. Your organisational skills are top notch ladies,much appreciated! :thumbsup: Now go get some sleep! :thumbup:

Gail x

We are just heading off to the airport to fly home. Oh so much fun, it just gets better. Made my usual mistake of over doing it on the old drinky poo's one night, so saturday morning was tuff. Hope everyone liked the 'Bamberg Soul Stew' thursday night, will post up recipe later.

PS my whole saturday set was dedicated to Elaine :thumbsup:

Edited by Dave Thorley

Simply a fantastic weekend. Thanks to Susanne and Malayka for making it possible!!! I could write a book about how good this weekender is.... socially and musically! Listening and dancing to soul records I never knew they existed with the best company I can imagine, that's what Bamberg is all about. Roll on next year!

Edited by docfish

Another top weekend in my favourite place on earth! Worth visiting even without the Soul!! Great company and lovely to meet up with Jane(Hanover), Ollo, Tommy (now dubbed my brother due to an uncanny likeness!) and the usual suspects - Alex,The Jan, Kraut (the kilt you had on Saturday afternoon was quality!) etc etc.

For me the highlight of the weekend music wise was the middle part of Friday night with Ady,Marc and Butch all following each other. Some mighty tunes and Butch "socking" it to us with his final spin "Will you ever learn (The Soul Set) which he said was too fast to dance to but we found a way!! A German TV company were there to film the proceedings so not sure what it will look like on screen!!

Big shout also to EDU who I thought did an amazing oldies set on the Saturday, quality all the way with sounds including The Jades (Lucky Fella) Masqueradors (How & Do you love me,baby) and Ollie Jackson (Wipe away the Teardrops). This guy could teach a few of the top oldies DJs in the UK how to spice up a set!!

So a big thanks goes out to everyone involved!!

Mark C wink.gif

Hi all,

Many thanks to everybody involved in the Soul Shakers organization, i can only assure that, according to what Marcos, Cristina and Fran had to say in the Spanish soul forum about Bamberg the Spanish contingent is gojng to become a Klassikkk... :D

My highlights of the weekend - musically speaking- were, first of all, Saturday's Brad sets on both rooms: very, very nice guy... So NOT snob, with a extremely refreshing attitude towards djing and everything that surrounds it...the man exudes love for the music...besides of that, he's another "fcuked up records soul mate"...keep bringing them back to life, Brad! :D:) Then, broken leg'n'all, BUTCH, BUTCH, BUTCH, and BUTCH!!!...You people in UK don't know how fortunate you are of being able to enjoy this man's sets on a regular basis...everytime i hear him DJ i feel like going back to school :no::thumbup: Also i'd like to mention Tolbert and Stefan K deck to deck set on their saturday afternoon session: very, very well combined set of soul music, congratulations! thumbsup.gif

Top, top notch weekend, beautiful city...and a piece of football heaven for us BCN people on Saturday!! wink.giflaugh.gif What more can you ask for?

Playlists coming soon... :wicked:

Best!

Edu

Edited by tykarim

For me the highlight of the weekend music wise was the middle part of Friday night with Ady,Marc and Butch all following each other. Some mighty tunes and Butch "socking" it to us with his final spin "Will you ever learn (The Soul Set) which he said was too fast to dance to but we found a way!!

Funny thing is I thought of putting this (Soul Set) in my box as well but thought exactly what Butch said over the mic...maybe too fast LOL!

Yes, a double-tripple super-duper fab fab fabulous fantastic weekend(er) thats for sure. And as Dave just said..seems to become better from year to year. Having said that the first one already was a blast! So you get an impression of just how SUPER GOOD The last one was.

How anybody could miss it is totally beyond me.

Someone very recently started a thread on here "what are the problems that come with age" or sth like that ..well, definitely the time you need to recover from such great experiences LOL!

This weekend had all in it once more again, the social togetherness, the fantastic music, the atmosphere..simply everything...even incl. Karina and me missing the train back home again...never break your old habits you know LOL!

I can`t name everybody who I meet over the weekend as it was so great to meet everybody and the amount of people sheer unbelievable...I am sure I would miss one or two so I just leave it LOL.

It was also fantastic to have those very "special" after parties..saturday morning with dave, brad, edu, polly and later -!- on a change in the line up when dave, edu and polly dissappered to bed and lars and alexandra coming from the streets - at 10 am- to join us for some Berlin made sandwiches and Fassbrause...sunday morning after the allnighter again back in the streets of bamberg with tolbert, ralf, kerstin, two plus one bamberg ladies and boy plus tolbert, mattu, anne and dienel and of course Karina and me as well as two bottles of talcum and several bottles of wine and beer ph34r.gif

Big big thanks to Malayka and Susu for making it all possible. This weekender is heavy organizing work and you do an extremely proper job every year. Hats off to you ladies!

Roll on bamberg 2010!

Marc

NB

Thanks Billy, appreciated :wicked:

Edited by Marc Forrest
Guest markus gora

Simply a fantastic weekend. Thanks to Susanne and Malayka for making it possible!!! I could write a book about how good this weekender is.... socially and musically! Listening and dancing to soul records I never knew they existed with the best company I can imagine, that's what Bamberg is all about. Roll on next year!

I AGREE..LOVELY VENUE,GREAT MUSIC,GREAT PEOPLE...WE'LL BE BACK...markus & charlotte thumbup.gif

Guest Discohair

PS my whole saturday set was dedicated to Elaine :lol:

Hi Dave ,Elaine here just like to say what a fab weekend i had, and thanks for all the great tunes you played to keep me dancing!

Both rooms were great , well done to all the Dj's. Big thanks to Malayka and Susanne for all their hard work. We can have a mini reunion in 2 weeks at silks!

Elaine x

Edited by Discohair

First time there this year (Thanks to Mr Dobson's persistance) we thought we had to see what it was all about..Always been a fan of the European / Scandinavian trips weve made and have to say myself and julia put this right up there..Maylaka & Susanne for picking us up at the airport and translating some of the menu's for us, our fellow partners in crime Val & Elaine, Jock & Diane were great company and everyone we met and the great company we kept all weekend..Lovely place to stay, a Fantastic venue and a relaxed but great atmosphere at both evenings.

In the words of Val...."It's F****king Brilliant in there!!! :lol:

Nice to hear such good a mix of "soul" music and see all the d'j's looking like there were having so much fun.(has it should be)

Thanks to all involved in organising what was a very memorable weekend..

What can I say...had a top weekend and Billy you kept me laughing all the way through it...highlight being your sandwiches in Bremen story :lol: if anyone deserves legendary status tis you my friend :lol:

Anyway on topic arrived in Bamberg to gorgeous weather with Billy, Prof and the Derby lot...had a little snooze then out for the first nighter...good crowd in...great atmosphere...the venue has to be seen...fantastic...great architecture and an outside space that cannot be beat (Even had swingchairs) but overall the music wasn't to my taste...too much 70s in the main room(there is a seperate Modern room) so didn't have much of a dance

Saturday me and Gail bobbed around Bamberg in what can only describe as weather like the very best British summers...had a couple Kaiserdoms in the main street where live bands were on a stage and got to know the town...the people are so friendly and helpful and bent over backwards to help you when having trouble with the lingo...seriously folks if you have not been try it...the town is like something straight out of 'Hansel & Gretel' absolutely stunning

Saturday night at the venue...now this is more like it...Brad Hales played a fantastic set of R&B and 60s which had me on the floor for most of it...and all the DJs played some decent records

Met loads of new people...was nice to see Manchester represented...Bearsoul et al (dont forget my birthday spins at Taste of Honey :thumbup: ) and it really did leave me with an overall impression of a good continental weekender and one I would recommend to anyone

Finished my mini break with 'Sausages & Soul' on the Sunday afternoon with all the DJs from the nighters spinning records in the cafe across the road from the venue whilst feeding the masses with a free buffet...then a stressed 'leg it' to Nurenberg airport and back to blighty

If anyone wants a great time in beautiful surroundings and lots of smiling faces then try this next year...you will not regret it :lol:

Thanks Malayka and Susanne for making us feel so welcome :lol:

Deserves legendary status tis you my friend,(likewise) shall i past the card on to a joan of ark take care.

Billy

Funny thing is I thought of putting this (Soul Set) in my box as well but thought exactly what Butch said over the mic...maybe too fast LOL!

Yes, a double-tripple super-duper fab fab fabulous fantastic weekend(er) thats for sure. And as Dave just said..seems to become better from year to year. Having said that the first one already was a blast! So you get an impression of just how SUPER GOOD The last one was.

How anybody could miss it is totally beyond me.

Someone very recently started a thread on here "what are the problems that come with age" or sth like that ..well, definitely the time you need to recover from such great experiences LOL!

This weekend had all in it once more again, the social togetherness, the fantastic music, the atmosphere..simply everything...even incl. Karina and me missing the train back home again...never break your old habits you know LOL!

I can`t name everybody who I meet over the weekend as it was so great to meet everybody and the amount of people sheer unbelievable...I am sure I would miss one or two so I just leave it LOL.

It was also fantastic to have those very "special" after parties..saturday morning with dave, brad, edu, polly and later -!- on a change in the line up when dave, edu and polly dissappered to bed and lars and alexandra coming from the streets - at 10 am- to join us for some Berlin made sandwiches and Fassbrause...sunday morning after the allnighter again back in the streets of bamberg with tolbert, ralf, kerstin, two plus one bamberg ladies and boy plus tolbert, mattu, anne and dienel and of course Karina and me as well as two bottles of talcum and several bottles of wine and beer :lol:

Big big thanks to Malayka and Susu for making it all possible. This weekender is heavy organizing work and you do an extremely proper job every year. Hats off to you ladies!

Roll on bamberg 2010!

Marc

NB

Thanks Billy, appreciated :lol:

I like to keep my posting honest Marc,top sounds,playlist if possible.

Billy, keep on keeping on.

Hi Dave ,Elaine here just like to say what a fab weekend i had, and thanks for all the great tunes you played to keep me dancing!

Both rooms were great , well done to all the Dj's. Big thanks to Malayka and Susanne for all their hard work. We can have a mini reunion in 2 weeks at silks!

Elaine x

Hi Elaine

Yes see you in 2 weeks at Silks and it's my birthday, so double reason to have fun.

Dave

Deserves legendary status tis you my friend,(likewise) shall i past the card on to a joan of ark take care.

Billy

Hi Billy

Hows the back, you were throwing yourself around there on the dance floor. Everytime I saw you had a smile on your face, always the mark of a good weekend.

Great to see George and Laura make it over, George had me in stitches much of the weekend and nice set on thursday.

Spoke to Brad late yesterday, he made it home OK, only to find the usual drama awaiting him in Detroit, but thats another story. He was blown away by how nice everyone was.

Sam and I had a great time on sunday, one deck each for over four hours of soul, it always nice to have the oppertunity to play a few things that may not be instant enough for the dance floor, but should be played out now and then. We've done this every year now and chat about it well in advance of each event, as something we are looking forward to.

For me another great mark of the weekend was playing The Tomangoes straight into The Apaches and the dance floor just stayed with it, likewise in the modern room, Last Generation into EWF-Getaway and again the floor loved them both and just kept on dancing. Lastly seeing so many of the DJ's also on the dance floor, Edu was frount and center doing his stuff, Marc Forrest showed us some fancy footwork and even I was moved to find the old dancing legs at some stage in most peeps sets.

Edited by Dave Thorley

Bamberg soul weekender ... highlight of the year!

Big hugs and kisses to malyka & Susanne :lol: for making a soul event like this ... top djs ... top venue .... Top headaches (that's an indication for a really special weekender), but I hope you do it next year only 2days ... I'm too old for a 3 nights hully gully.

About the djs ... everyone was great ... but butch at the modern room, what can I say "PERFECT" both nights! the best dance set was adys modern set on 2nd night ... woke up the living dead (me) thumbup.gif:ohmy::ohmy: . Thanks marc for the greatest floorshakers (teardrops falling from...) at the main room (k¶nnen sich die engl¤nder mal ne scheibe von abschneiden...sorry it was private) and lars for the record of the weekender ... king moses :thumbup: .

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

Greetings to all the funny soulies with a special sense of humor I met.

Jan ... comin' back :thumbup:

First of all, thanks to Malayka and Susanne for organizing such a great weekender.

Had lots of fun from friday till sunday. Great venue with a great audience. Couldn't pick out any favourite DJ if I had to. All did play some great stuff. Actually apart from one exception (see below) I didn't hear one dull track the whole weekend, including the afternoon session. As been said before Bamberg is such a beautiful city and the venue so suitable for a weekender I doubt there's hardly any room for improvement (well, maybe one improvement: tastier beer at the venue :thumbup: )

Plans for 2010 are already discussed among the Munich lot. better get a Kindergarten sorted out, if everybody's really coming who said so there'll be 5 or more kids with us

:shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: <=that's babies shouting not me shouting!

Ups: Dave playing the New York City Walkers on friday night. Never heard it before played out loud and it really sounded fantastic. Also Brad H. not taking on the advice he was given by certain UK DJ's ("don't play any R&B, they dont like it") but trusting a certain german DJ that R&B always goes down well, his little R&B set was great. Last but not least Dave again playing the Tomangoes on saturday, that intro in the main room literally blew me away!

Downs: First, Sam playing an out and out funk track on saturday night, accept it this isn't soul! As I wasn't the only thinking it was crap, the dancefloor thinned out considerably but Sam got the floor full again soon afterwards. Second, local police blocking the exit of the car park where we had our car because the route for the Bamberg Marathon passed the exit. Took us quite some arguing.

:D:yes::rolleyes: . Thanks marc for the greatest floorshakers (teardrops falling from...) at the main room

only and just for you you know sie clever arschscheide sie :( !

Greetings to all the funny soulies with a special sense of humor I met.

you can`t be talking about me now, are you :lol:

So what did your cardiologist tell you ? Mine was horrible on monday.....LOL!

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest

Here some photos the guys from the Haas saele made.... THANKS AGAIN for all your support, you just don't know how much Suspost-3484-1241637428_thumb.jpgpost-3484-1241637443_thumb.jpg[atta

chment=67410:bruce_lee_006.jpg]post-3484-1241637489_thumb.jpgpost-3484-1241637550_thumb.jpgpost-3484-1241638657_thumb.jpganne &amp;amp; I appreciate it

post-3484-1241637460_thumb.jpg

post-3484-1241637528_thumb.jpg

Edited by malayka

photos from the weekend uploaded now... :thumbsup:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Bamberg...-album3008.html

Great photos!!!

I can only say- FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!! Thank you so much, Susanne and Malayka for providing a playground for all those wonderful and slightly crazy people (you have to be, don´t you?)

Wonderful music- too much of it to be able to dance to it all, great company, the city, the weather- heady combination!!!

I`m very happy to see it grow from year to year and i can´t wait for the next one... Busserl from Vienna, Polly

...and i´d also like to mention Ady Pountain sets (probably the most solid ones i heard during the weekend), and, obviously, Soul Sam "Sunday Morning Soul Marathon"... :thumbsup:

Best!

Edu

Ady did have a exceptionally good spot, and Dave and yourself, all the djs,the music was mind blowing.

Billy

Edited by billywhizz

Hi Billy

Hows the back, you were throwing yourself around there on the dance floor. Everytime I saw you had a smile on your face, always the mark of a good weekend.

Great to see George and Laura make it over, George had me in stitches much of the weekend and nice set on thursday.

Spoke to Brad late yesterday, he made it home OK, only to find the usual drama awaiting him in Detroit, but thats another story. He was blown away by how nice everyone was.

Sam and I had a great time on sunday, one deck each for over four hours of soul, it always nice to have the oppertunity to play a few things that may not be instant enough for the dance floor, but should be played out now and then. We've done this every year now and chat about it well in advance of each event, as something we are looking forward to.

For me another great mark of the weekend was playing The Tomangoes straight into The Apaches and the dance floor just stayed with it, likewise in the modern room, Last Generation into EWF-Getaway and again the floor loved them both and just kept on dancing. Lastly seeing so many of the DJ's also on the dance floor, Edu was frount and center doing his stuff, Marc Forrest showed us some fancy footwork and even I was moved to find the old dancing legs at some stage in most peeps sets.

Hi Dave,my back got better as the night went on,lot of people say i smile when i'm dancing i think thats gotta be wind.

Billy

Ps.Brilliant weekend

PLAYLISTS FROM THE WEEKEND:

FRIDAY SMALL ROOM SET

* DAVID RUFFIN- I got a thing for you WB Lp

* MOSES SMITH- Keep on striving Cotillion 45

* MINITS- Still a part of me Sounds of Memphis 45

* ERASMUS HALL- Your love is my desire Westbound Lp

* T&T- Something on my mind Cobra 45

* RAWL SOUL EXPRESS- The way we live Cat 45

* WILLIE BEAVER HALE- Groove on TK Uk 45

* MELVIN MOORE- All of a sudden Sky Hero 45

* TIMELESS LEGEND- I was born to love you Dawn-Lite 45

* LARRY WU- Let me show you Atlantic 45

* RALPH SOUL JACKSON- Set me free Black Kat 45

* LAS VEGAS CONNECTION- Running back to you Hep'Me 45

* O'JAYS- You're the girl of my dreams PIR Lp

* PEARL DOWELL- It's all over Saadia 45

SATURDAY SMALL ROOM SET

* TRUMAINS- Ripe for the pickin RCA 45

* IKE STRONG- Your love keeps me dancing Maple 45

* MARSHALL, DONOVAN & BROOMFIELD- Since i found my baby Augusta 45

* JEWEL- Paradise Jewel 45

* BONNIE BLANCHARD- You're the only one CRS 45

* CYNTHIA SHEELER- I'll cry over you JB's 45

* CARL HALL- What about you Columbia 45

* BRIEF ENCOUNTER- Human Sound Plus 45

* SY HIGHTOWER- (i know) you're leaving me Carmen 45

* SHIRLEY & THE SHIRELLES- Never gonna give you up Bell 45

* HONEY & THE BEES- Love addict Arctic 45

* MARVIN GAYE- You Tamla 45

* GWEN MCRAE- I can only think of you CAT Lp

SATURDAY BIG ROOM SET

* BARBARA MASON- You better stop it Arctic 45

* SOUL NOTES- How long will it last Way-Out 45

* PAT & THE BLENDERS- Just because Fast Eddie 45

* HYTONES- Bigger and better A-Bet 45

* SYL JOHNSON- Do you know what love is Special Agent 45

* STEVE FLANAGAN- I've arrived Era 45

* RAY POLLARD- This time Shrine 45

* MASQUERADERS- How La Beat 45

* IVORIES- Please stay Despenza 45

* GENE TOONES- What more do you want Simco 45

* MASQUERADERS- Do you love me baby Wand 45

* OLLIE JACKSON- Gotta wipe away the teardrops Magnum 45

* TROY DODDS- Try my love El Camino 45

* KARMELLO BROOKS- Tell me baby Milestones 45

* RONNIE MCCAIN- This time i'm gone Triode 45

* JADES- Lucky fellow Mode 45

* FORTSON & SCOTT- Sweet lover Pzazz 45

* UNIQUE BLEND- Yes i'm in love Eastbound 45

* JESSIE JAMES- Are you gonna leave me Shirley 45

Best!

Edu

Edited by tykarim

Malyaka & Susanne: TOP WEEKEND :wicked::ohmy:

Only just got back home after travelling down to Munich for two days and I'm still smiling anf laughing at some of the antics we got up too.

Thursday night was great fun; Rhubarb Vodka drinks all-round with a smattering of tunes played by Niels from Berlin and George & me from the UK. I don't think anyone walked away from the Cinema Bar sober and we left at 01:00ish and it was still going.

Friday felt like it was mid August and a walk around the sights finally found us sitting with the newly arrived Ady & Carol P and having a drink. This wasn't the first drink of the day as we took the 'river cruise' with Jock & Diane; from classic Bamberg houses to the cement works, all in one trip.

Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Saturday night were just a blur and made even more fun with Cheltenham's Mike & Shena plus their mate Gary and John Fisher & Jean. Once John and I have sorted out copyright we'll be promoting Fishers Velcro Products, watch this space folks........

Sunday night was a sorry affair, none of us wanted it to end and half the folks had already gone home. So highlights of the weekend as follows: smoked beer, Brad playing the Jelly's track on Saturday night, the dress styles of German soul fans, Ady P's set's on both Fri & Sat, Tolbert & Stephan's set on Saturday afternoon along with Niels' before that. Then there's the funny conversations you have with people; talking double glazing with Arthur, comparing people from Yorkshire with the characters from the Benadorm TV series, not being able to put your pants on without falling over, Billy's bottle of water, the list goes on......

Great weekend and I'll say it again: big big thank you to Malayka & Susanne from Ness and me biggrin.gif

play list from the allnighters

BIG ROOM, FRIDAY/SATURDAY

NEW YORK CITY WALKERS-STEADY FLOW-STUDIO DISC

OSCAR PERRY-SOMETHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT-SOPHIE

HARTHON SHOW BAND-DUCK & COVER-STUDIO DISC

BUTTERBALL & THE 4 DJ'S- I TOLD YOU-C/U

SUNS OF SLUM-RIGHT ON-STAX

FLORENCE TRAPP-LOVE CAME INTO MY LIFE-YOU & I

JIMMY RAYE-PHILLY DOG ROUND THE WORLD-KKC

MOMENTS-YOU SAID-DEEP

SUPERLATIVES-AIN'T I BLACK ENOUGH FOR YA-C/U

WILLIE WHITE-NOBODY LIKES ME-GOLD SOUL

DON VARNER-TEAR STAINED FACE-QUINVY

BAD WEATHER INC-I NEVER NEVER KNEW-BAD WEATHER

JAMES AND TRUITT WITH BLACK SMOKE-WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT-JUCA

HOUSTON OUTLAWS-SAVE THE WORLD-C/U

EARNEST KING-YOU GONNA MISS ME-LK

SIR JOE-IF YOU GIVE UP YOUR LOVE-RU-JAC

BILLY KENNEDY-SWEET THING-THELMA

HOLIDAYS-WITHOUT YOUR SWEET LOVING-C/U

DEWEY JEFFRIES-WHEN NO ONE CARED-GARY-DEW

ARTHUR PRYSOCK-I WAS A BOY-STUDIO DISC

HERMAN HITSON-WHY NOT ME-STUDIO DISC

OTIS BLACKWELL-IT'S ALL OVER ME-EPIC

TOMANGOES-I REALLY LOVE YOU-WASHPAN

SALVADORS-STICK BY ME BABY-WISE WORLD

BETTY LLOYD-I'M CATCHING ON (VERSION 2)-BSC

APACHES-TRYING TO MAKE ENDS MEET-BIG 8

CHUCK COCKERHAM-HAVE I THE RIGHT-MALA

WORLD COLUMN-SO IS THE SUN-TOWER

PAGES-HEARTACHES & PAIN-SUNSTRUCK

MONGO SANTAMARIA-WE GOT LATIN SOUL-COLUMBIA

SMALL ROOM, FRIDAY/SATURDAY

VERNON CHEELY-GET TO THE POINT-BABS

MYSTIC VISION-FEAT DAVID HUFF-CUZ I'M IN LOVE-C/U

FOURTH DAY-YOU TURN ME ON-DT

HIROSHIMA-NEVER-EVER-ARISTA

FREEDOM-HIGH ON YOU-FREEDOM

EARTH WIND & FIRE-GETAWAY-COLUMBIA

BILL SPOON-I CAN'T WAIT-STUDIO DISC

ZE BRASS-FEEL SO GOOD-ATLANTIC

TAMMARAW-I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU-ON A STAR

SOLID GOLD REVIEW FEAT RAY CRUMLEY-SHE'S SO GOOD-CASTANET

TOLBERT FAMILY SINGERS FEAT OC TOLBERT-RIDE THE GOSPEL TRAIN-MTP

CARBON COPIES-JUST DON'T LOVE YOU-GIT DOWN INC

TIMELESS LEGEND- I WAS BORN TO LOVE YOU-DAWN-LITE

ESSENCE OF LOVE-YES IT'S YOU-K-CITY

VERNON BURCH & THE PEOPLE BAND-RED PEOPLE-C/U

LAST GENERATION-JUST A CHANCE IN LIFE-LAST GENERATION

BANKS BROS.-BRING IT ALL BACK HOME-CONSOLIDATED

BILL WRIGHT-MAN IN LOVE-MIDTOWN

GENTLE-EASY GREASY-LEO MINI

SY HIGHTOWER-I KNOW YOU'RE LEAVING ME-CARMEN

BILLY PROCTOR AND THE LOVE SYSTEM-KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES-EPIC

MASQUERADERS-NOW THAT I FOUND YOU-HI

C.J. SURGE-BE MY LOVE-BOSTON HEIGHTS

IKE NOBLE-ANOTHER STAR-CONNOWIL

STEVIE WONDER PROJECT-CHOOSE THE ONE-C/U

Jan, would you still like to dj in the toilet next year? :ohmy:

Malayka

I got a better idea ... I will make the host at the front door with a battarie-turntable and welcome every visitor with a warm handshake and a personal crossover song "good evening sir/madame, welcome to the bamberg soul experience and this is your personal x-over song for the weekender....and then the song -for example- ¤hhh barbara west-congratulation baby-" but I need a uniform with a very hugh hat :wicked:

is that possible???????

And here 1st set of the weekender at the cinema-bar. I played it for soul sam and round about 10 other guests, maybe later some more...

I had a second set at night, in a bar called "the ugly brainless drinker bar" and it was fantastic, but I can't remember anything. :thumbup:

- the stratoliners - what do you want with my love -federal

- Roosevelt matthews - you got me diggin' you - king

- Frankie (love man) crocker - ton of dynamite - turbo

- david will - the way the world should be - soul craft

- curtis, the brothers - you make everything better - bell

- reggie milner - hello stranger - volt

- big t & the peace makers - tighten up tighter - nasco

- Rhonda davis - can you remember - duke

- vanguards - gotta have love - lamp

- soul brothers six - oh I need you yes I do - lyndell

- emotions - I love you but I'll leave you - twin stacks

- Bernard smith - man without a people - spectrum

- Dwight franklin - foxy lila - franklin

- cody black - I'm sorry - capitol

- wes lewis - it's gonna be hard - black kat

- cookie scott - misled - orr

- jean battle - I've got to come in - clintone

- rozetta Johnson - mine was real - clintone

- joe valentine - I lost the only love I had - val

- jimmy burns - I tried - minit

- majik - back into your heart - hi

- bobby king & the relations - don't give up hope - lunar

- Audrey royal - come on playboy - alston

- anna raye - will you love my child - quality sound

- superlatives - don't let true love die - dynamics

- four sonics - easier said than done - sport

- theola Kilgore - its gonna be allright - mercury

- na allen - thanks for nothing - atco

- lee Williams - its everything about you - carnival

- al Hudson - when you're gone - atco

- jimmie ellis - happy to be - century city rec

- Barbara west - congratulations baby - ronn

- lee "shot" Williams - it ain't me - ua

+ some more but ????????

jan

thanks to malayka and susu for organising this fab weekender.

it was great fun. beautiful city, stunning location, superb people and very good music!

and here is my playlist from the saturday afternoon session:

Ben Veeren - By your side (Buddah)

Lou Rawls - See you when I git there (Phillly)

Exportations - I want you (Vir-ro)

Weapons of Peace - This life's about to get me down (Playboy)

Mind & Matter - sunshine lady (m&m)

Freedom - Can't you see (Freedom)

Al í…¾Man" Muntzie - We are steady rockin' (Comunertainment)

Coffee, Cream & Sugar - Dance, my way into your life (Both Sides)

George Perkins - Baby I love you (Royal Shield)

Don Gardner - There ain't gonna be no lovin (Mr. g)

Jobell and the Orchestra de Salsa (Jan)

TNT Band - The Meditation (Cotique)

Black Sugar - Too late (sono radio)

The Rotations - We want freedom (Roxanne)

Solaris - You and me (dana)

Kevin Drinkard - I wanna thank you (teen's)

Ann Sexton - I still love you (77)

Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've got to use my imagination (Buddah)

Ron keith and ladys - can't live without you (AM)

see you next year!

raphi

Here`s my playlist...strictly in order (for a change LOL)

Friday Main Room

Little Eddie Taylor I Had A Good Time

Honey Bees Let´s Get Back Together

Dennis Edwards I Didn`t Have To

Tommy Ridgeley My Love Is Getting Stronger

Sonny Herman What About me

Godoy Colbert Baby I Like it

Counts Peaches

Jimmy Radcliffe You Made A Man Out Of Me

Sensations Demanding Man

Barbara Hall Big Man

Little Willie Loneliness

Soul Brothers Inc Tear Drops

Tranells Blessed With A Love

Soul Brothers Six Oh I Need You, Yes I Do

Mc Ghees´s C/UP

Mc Gee´s So Tired

Keith Curtiss I Got To Keep You Baby

Joe Matthews Ain`t Nth You Can Do

Lester Tipton This Won`t Change

Little Stanley Outasight Loving

Saturday Main Room

Pat Lewis No One To Love

Eric Mercury Lonely Girl

Terry Goodnight They Didn`t Know

Locations Mister Diamond Man

Imperial C`s Someone Tell Her

Charles Burns I Love My Baby

Gene Middleton You Can get It Now

James Wesley Smith Talking About Women

Willie Gee Pure Soul You Left Me Standing

Hayes Cotton Black Wings Have My Angel

Lou Pride I`m Com`un Home In The Morning

Gwen Owens Just Say You`re Wanted

Eula Cooper Let Our Love Grow Higher

Ujima I`m Not Ready

Soul Inc. My Proposal

Gentlemen Four You Can`t Keep A Good Man Down

William Cummings Make My Love A Hurting Thing

Kelly & The Soul Explosions Talk About My Babys Love

Clarence Townsend I Found A Love

Friday Small Room (not in order but nearly complete)

Attitude Hey Girl

Korla With Klass Stop Before You Start

Theron & Darrell I Was Made To Love You (would you believe it...a request!)

Mixed Sugar It`s A Bad Feeling

Overtones What Would I Do

Exquisites Just Couldn`t Make It

Ujima I`m Not Ready (oops, tried to play none 45 twice...this 45 seems to be the exception :thumbup: )

Message Untold I Can Feel The change In Love

Ralph Jackson I Just Can`t leave Your Love Alone

Sammy Troy King For A Day

Perk Badger I`ll Take My Chance With You

Anthony White Hey Baby PIR

Eugene Smiley Yes It`s You

Timeless Legend IWBTLY

Edited by Marc Forrest

I was told not to tell anyone how good this weekender is so I guess I'll just have to whisper.......

.....it was F**kin'

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: BRILLIANT!!! :thumbup::thumbup::D:D

...from the time we set off to the time we got home it was a non stop party with some of the nicest people you could ever care to meet. I don't want to single out any particular DJ because the whole weekend worked out just perfect to these ears......track after track of pure quality.......aww I wish I was back there now....

Val

Guest Ollo

Another top weekend in my favourite place on earth! Worth visiting even without the Soul!! Great company and lovely to meet up with Jane(Hanover), Ollo, Tommy (now dubbed my brother due to an uncanny likeness!) and the usual suspects - Alex,The Jan, Kraut (the kilt you had on Saturday afternoon was quality!) etc etc.

For me the highlight of the weekend music wise was the middle part of Friday night with Ady,Marc and Butch all following each other. Some mighty tunes and Butch "socking" it to us with his final spin "Will you ever learn (The Soul Set) which he said was too fast to dance to but we found a way!! A German TV company were there to film the proceedings so not sure what it will look like on screen!!

Big shout also to EDU who I thought did an amazing oldies set on the Saturday, quality all the way with sounds including The Jades (Lucky Fella) Masqueradors (How & Do you love me,baby) and Ollie Jackson (Wipe away the Teardrops). This guy could teach a few of the top oldies DJs in the UK how to spice up a set!!

So a big thanks goes out to everyone involved!!

Mark C :lol:

Was a pleasure to have met you Mark.

Can´t wait until 2010. :D

best pots and dishes!

Ollo

My playlist saturday afternoon session:

Gangsters: I just can't go on (Montage)

Wes Black: I'll always be in love with you (Highland)

Sex: It's you, baby it's you (Super City)

Universal Love: it's you girl (TK Disco)

Jessie Butler: Let me bring out the woman in you (Bound Sound)

David Morris: Snap crackle pop (Plush)

BJB: I gotta make you believe in me (Tee-Ti)

Loveman Ronnie Stokes: Touch you again (Philly City)

RAJ: Something inside (Oak Tree)

Oliver Christian: Dissatisfied Man (Legrand)

Stevens & Foster: I want to be love (Jerri)

Four Tops: To Care (Essential)

Spaceark: Phantom Lover (Color World)

Jerry Butler: Stop steppin' on my dreams (Mercury)

Curtis & The Brothers: You make everything better (Bell)

LT Davis: Love Recipe (Sonic Wax)

Major Lance: How can you say good bye (Contempo)

Rising Sun: Miami Bump (SRI)

Billy Sha-Rae: Crying Clown (Spectrum)

Tommy Tate: A thousand things to say (Malaco)

Tolbert

My playlist saturday afternoon session:

Gangsters: I just can't go on (Montage)

Wes Black: I'll always be in love with you (Highland)

Sex: It's you, baby it's you (Super City)

Universal Love: it's you girl (TK Disco)

Jessie Butler: Let me bring out the woman in you (Bound Sound)

David Morris: Snap crackle pop (Plush)

BJB: I gotta make you believe in me (Tee-Ti)

Loveman Ronnie Stokes: Touch you again (Philly City)

RAJ: Something inside (Oak Tree)

Oliver Christian: Dissatisfied Man (Legrand)

Stevens & Foster: I want to be love (Jerri)

Four Tops: To Care (Essential)

Spaceark: Phantom Lover (Color World)

Jerry Butler: Stop steppin' on my dreams (Mercury)

Curtis & The Brothers: You make everything better (Bell)

LT Davis: Love Recipe (Sonic Wax)

Major Lance: How can you say good bye (Contempo)

Rising Sun: Miami Bump (SRI)

Billy Sha-Rae: Crying Clown (Spectrum)

Tommy Tate: A thousand things to say (Malaco)

Tolbert

What a tune, so wished I hadn't sold it years ago. :)

Source Advert