We Are The Funky Team

hi everyone,

sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum but really need your help.

trying to identify the artist & title of a great jb's sound-alike that repearts " we are the funky team"!

any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi everyone,

trying to identify the artist & title of a great jb's sound-alike that repearts " we are the funky team"!

Cheers

link

Wouldn't know dude. Try wants or look at your box. Wouldn't hold your breath as it's a soul forum etc. :thumbsup:

Best bet to PM JTrouble, he's a bit of a funkster (so to speak) he was on line earlier. :)

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

hi everyone,

Cheers

link

dunno. :thumbsup: any more clues? where did you hear it?

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Wouldn't know dude.  Try wants or look at your box.  Wouldn't hold your breath as it's a soul forum etc. :thumbsup:

Not sure about that, funk is just a sub genre of 'soul', so i think it's a pretty good place to ask. Ian Wright is on here most days, and if he don't know it and it's funky, it normally isn't worth knowing. :ohmy:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

hi everyone,

Cheers

link

Don't know if this is of any help but read your post when I was a bit bored at work and thought, being known for ferretting out lyrics to obscure songs I would have rummage around the net. Found nothing in any of my usual sources but came up with a group called The Funky Team who record on sonet records in sweden. The two tracks that turn up in most of the searches are Disco Groovin and the Letter.

Everyone is probably going yeh we know that - well I didn't so at least I've learnt sumffink today..

QOF

XX

XX

Social source share

thnaks for your help folks. embarrassed (slighlty) to say i heard the track being played at my local gym who have rather spendlidly kicked the naff 'r&b' into touch & started playing everything from Boz Scaggs to Barrabas??!!!!

(& its in Romford)

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Kitchengroove

thnaks for your help folks. embarrassed (slighlty) to say i heard the track being played at my local gym who have rather spendlidly kicked the naff 'r&b' into touch & started playing everything from Boz Scaggs to Barrabas??!!!!

(& its in Romford)

link

I followed this thread through to the funk website and shouldn't have bothered, say no more. I don't think they answered your question so I'll have a go. The words "we are the funky team" appear on a track called Funky Men by the JB's c1980. I don't know where it originally appeared on vinyl but it's available on a CD called "Funky Men" by James Brown on Disky (a cheap EMI Netherlands label) DC882832. The recordings are from when JB got pissed of and left Polydor and got some distribution from Henry Stones TK organisation. Other releases on the CD are Rapp Payback x2 versions and Bobby Byrds "Back from the dead".

The track Funky Men is one of the best tracks but it suffers from being to long at 7:29 (IMO)

Social source share

is it the cheeky girls?

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I followed this thread through to the funk website and shouldn't have bothered, say no more. I don't think they answered your question so I'll have a go. The words "we are the funky team" appear on a track called Funky Men by the JB's c1980. I don't know where it originally appeared on vinyl but it's available on a CD called "Funky Men" by James Brown  on Disky (a cheap EMI Netherlands label) DC882832. The recordings are from when JB got pissed of and left Polydor and got some distribution from Henry Stones TK organisation. Other releases on the CD are Rapp Payback x2 versions and Bobby Byrds "Back from the dead".

The track Funky Men is one of the best tracks but it suffers from being to long at 7:29 (IMO)

link

That's probably why no one on the funk board knew it. Try asking about a 1980s disco record on a board dedicated to 6TS northern soul and see if you get much response. whistling.gif

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Anybody on here remember Inner Circle - Everything is great on Island? Top quality disco record. :thumbsup:whistling.gif

Guarantee it wont be 1980 tho whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

That's probably why no one on the funk board knew it. Try asking about a 1980s disco record on a board dedicated to 6TS northern soul and see if you get much response. whistling.gif

link

anyone wanna know about 8ts disco/boogie....i'm your man :thumbsup:

feel it, i'm feeling good vibrations whistling.gif

Social source share

anyone wanna know about 8ts disco/boogie....i'm your man whistling.gif

feel it, i'm feeling good vibrations whistling.gif

link

can you tell us who invented it so we can have them shot, mark?

(actually quite like some of it but rules is rules)

Social source share

Guest wrighty

Anybody on here remember Inner Circle - Everything is great on Island? Top quality disco record.  :thumbsup:   whistling.gif

Guarantee it wont be 1980 tho  whistling.gif

link

think you'll find its 1979 mike blush.gif

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

think you'll find its 1979 mike  blush.gif

link

whistling.gifwhistling.gif

knew it :thumbsup:

I can remember hearing it on Radio Luxembourg's late show, and going to the record shop next day to order a copy.

I knew it was around the time I left school, 1980. Or just before.

Quite a funky little track if I remember rightly, from a group more associated with reggae.

Social source share

there's no such thing as a JBS track going on too long whistling.gif

link

Wanna bet!!,for goodness sake take a look at those cakes,who writes this rubbish?.

whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Kitchengroove

there's no such thing as a JBS track going on too long :thumbsup:

link

It's probably my age but I can't dance that long with the enthusiasm I'd like to put into it, now when I was twenty................

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!