quality soul

Too all Soulies ,whats your veiws on venues the venue i run is fairly new not got a massive dance floor but the music i think is quality soul across the board. my venue does'nt compete with 300+ soulies massive dance floors I like the others who run it just want a cracking night.I just want to hear something different weather its a good oldie not played any more to tracks that are the latest and the DJ'S have the option to play what they want. NO POLITICS any takers or your views

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Too all Soulies ,whats your veiws on venues the venue i run is fairly new not got a massive dance floor but the music i think is quality soul across the board. my venue does'nt compete with 300+ soulies massive dance floors I like the others who run it just want a cracking night.I just want to hear something different weather its a good oldie not played any more to tracks that are the latest and the DJ'S have the option to play what they want. NO POLITICS any takers or your views

to the likewise john i with my partners in crime stevie z dave rimmer have tried to run nights like this but the problem we found is to many people want nostalge without the attitude that every record played had to be played once

Social source share

Begining to think that we're very lucky at the Plinston as we have a crowd of almost 400 who are always up for new sounds being spun, just as long as it's good then they'll dance to it - Just ask Soul Sam who always spins new tracks every time he graces the decks both in the Main Hall and The Ghetto! Remember, we have to keep moving forward in order to be a credible scene BUT remembering to keep one eye on where we came from. (Ooooh, deep!)

TheBigO

Social source share

all i need to say is wilton,lifeline,hundred club ,they are all progressive clubs not huge thousand punters plus venues but they all do well and they show there is a market for the new sounds ,also the dome ,pilstonas already mentioned.the has to keep going forword while keeping abit of nostalgia on board,if its good enough they will dance,now with the hundred club in the south and the new lifeline nighter iin the north we may finally be on the right track.

Social source share

Thanks for your comments , I was in the same mold when i returned to the scene but i soon discovered that there are others out there that are happy to look ahead and play Quality Soul that is welcomed at small or large venues.I Still love oldies but have taken me blinkers off and look forward to hearing something different when i go out.

Social source share

Hi Guest

If you want to hear something really different why not check out Kylie's first LP for her unique version of a classic Northern oldie - I'm sure Ian Levine must have spun it at some time at the Rocket ;-)

Social source share

Seems to me that the majority of soul nights that try to play rare soul always struggle. The place to hear the good stuff seems to be all-nighters. Noticed the reference to Wilton, 100 club, Lifeline, all all-nighters. Soul nights seem mainly for the mainstream side of the music. Mainstream Northern nights always do better cause they attract the multitudes. Most committed soulies prefer the all-nighter scene, that is the main reason the music is better, and more adventurous.

Social source share

Seems to me that the majority of soul nights that try to play rare soul always struggle. The place to hear the good stuff seems to be all-nighters.  Noticed the reference to Wilton, 100 club, Lifeline, all all-nighters. Soul nights seem mainly for the mainstream side of the music.  Mainstream Northern nights always do better cause they attract the multitudes.  Most committed soulies prefer the all-nighter scene, that is the main reason the music is better, and more adventurous.

Not hearing such good things about the Wilton lately, shame if it's the case usually enjoyed it when been. 100 Club good mix rare 6t's quality & oldies. Upfront venue is without doubt the Lifeline nighters, best music I've heard in years anywhere. Best soul nites are the Union and when Nick puts them on Scenesville, hopefully they will return in the future.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!