Modernism Charity Dayer

Now the worst kept secret on the Modern scene is out I best pass on some ticket info.

Tickets will be available on the number on the flier but PLEASE only phone after about 6pm as my boss don't take too kindly to me chatting on the phone all day.

Tickets will also be available from myself or the other Modernism residents Russ Steele or Errol Green in person.

All the money raised will go to the Bluebell wood childrens hospice charity. More info on the link below.

https://www.bluebellwood.org/

MODERNISM_A5_WEB_FLYER.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You should come along Steve , it will be good for your wants list :wicked:

Bring Steve up with you Simon, don't live too far apart do you?

Could stop here.

Link below for any travellers looking to stop over in a top quality hotel that's only a 5 minute walk or 2 minute drive away from the Manor Barn.

Facilities include swimming pool, steam room, spa, sauna, bowling alley etc.

https://www.thewelcomeinn.co.uk/index.php

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just giving this a shameless BUMP (it is a charity event after all!) & also letting folks know that I will be selling tickets at the Morecambe weekender this weekend & Russ Steele will also be selling tickets at Sheffields Darnall Horti Club this Friday & Barnsleys Friendship this Saturday.

Alternatively follow the instructions on the flyer in the first post or just pm me on here.

Mart...

Just giving this a shameless BUMP (it is a charity event after all!) & also letting folks know that I will be selling tickets at the Morecambe weekender this weekend & Russ Steele will also be selling tickets at Sheffields Darnall Horti Club this Friday & Barnsleys Friendship this Saturday.

Alternatively follow the instructions on the flyer in the first post or just pm me on here.

Mart...

Have a good time at Morecambe mate.

:thumbsup::)

• 3 weeks later...

Been having quite a few people asking about hotels & ticket info so am posting up details below.

The best hotel to stop in & also the closest (5 mins walk) is the welcome inn. If you are booking you can phone them on 01709 857777 & if you quote 'Soul Event' you will get a double room or a twin room for £50.

This will also include the full use of all the oasis health club facilities for free including swimming pool, gym, spa, jacuzzi, steam room, beauty parlour & many more things besides. There is even a 32 lane bowling alley on site so it really is great value. More info on the link below.

https://www.thewelcomeinn.co.uk/index.php

There is also a travelodge about a mile away at Meadowhall in Sheffield & this is ideal for people wanting a quick getaway the next morning as it's right next to junction 34 on the M1 and also next to the Meadowhall interchange for train & coach travellers.

Also worth checking out the megabus & megatrain websites as the last time I looked the fare from London was £1 each way to Meadowhall (mad or what!).

Onto the ticket info. The event is not all ticket but the venue is limited to 150 & the manageress is very strict on this (it's her licence she has to think about).

The easiest way to get tickets is in person off Errol, Russ or myself when we are out & about & I'll keep you all informed on here of where we will be.

The other easy method is to simply follow the instructions on the flyer above or to pm me on here & I'll sort them out for you via post. Just simply send me a cheque or postal order & a SAE & it's sorted.

I will be at Soul Intent on Sat 20th June but please do me a favour & ask me early as it's my birthday so I might not be in a fit state at the end of the night LOL.

I will also be at the Bridlington weekender the following week as I know quite a few of you will be there.

Also on a personal note if you get your tickets in advance it makes it a hell of a lot easier for us on the day as even promoters like to let their hair down once in a while ( go on then, get the hair jokes fired off!).

Thanks,

Mart...

Looks like a great day out and for a cause that is close to our hearts as well. The hotel is a bargain and very close by--any chance of turning the bowling alley into a function room Martinbiggrin.gif . All this and a cracking DJ line up as well. Get your tickets now !!!

Rob & Karen

Setting off to the Bridlington weekender in 1/2 an hour so if anyone else is going & wanting tickets they can get in touch with me or Errol there or contact Russ (oldsoulman) at Crofton tonight or get in touch via pm.

Have a good weekend everybodythumbup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Martin

got your message today Can do the stuff you asked ok

Hope to get back down in time for this from the Flirtations at Middlesbrough, loads going from around here to this one

Tons of rave feedback from Bridlington for yours and Errols spots as well martin-thanks

see you both very soon

take care

rob & Karen

Hi Martin

got your message today Can do the stuff you asked ok

Hope to get back down in time for this from the Flirtations at Middlesbrough, loads going from around here to this one

Tons of rave feedback from Bridlington for yours and Errols spots as well martin-thanks

see you both very soon

take care

rob & Karen

Thanks for the help Rob. Appreciate it matethumbsup.gif

Will be at Soul Purpose in Hinkley for the big dayer they have organised so if anyone wants any information tickets don't hesitate to get in touch.

Mart...

Had quite a few PM's regarding tickets & accomodation so just using them as an excuse to bump things up really.

Just been in touch with the reception at the welcome inn & there are only 21 twin/double rooms left. Sounds a lot but that is only 42 people & as it's now less than a fortnight away I would advise booking asap as they will go quickly at the offer price of £45 a room.

If you want a room DON'T book online as you won't get the offer price. Phone the hotel direct on 01709 857777 & quote 'Soul Event' for the discounted rate.

To see the hotel & all the added inclusive offers like swimming pool, gym, beautician etc click on the link below.

https://www.thewelcom...co.uk/index.php

If you want tickets PM me or ring me on the numbers on the flyer in the 1st post but only ring me in the evenings as I can't answer the phone in the daytime as I am at work.

There will be some tickets held back for the day mainly for locals who turn up on spec but not many so to guarantee entry it's best to reserve your places as the venue is strictly limited to 150.

Thanks,

Mart...

Just a quick update & sadly 2 DJ's have had to pull out.

Roger Williams & Tat's Taylor can't make it due to family commitments but that nice Mr Steve Woomble has now been added to the line up.

Just hope we can manage to keep him sober395112.gif

Must thank Roger for the flyer design & know he's gutted at not being able to make it as is Tat's & also thank Tat's for the offer of doing a 70's night for us later in the year.

Also looking at another big name to complete the line up so watch this space.

Finally if anyone else wants tickets can they call me on my mobile (07761 496979) over the weekend as I'm not going to be at home after tonight until Monday or to pm me & I'll get back to you on Monday evening.

Thanks,

Mart...

Aye lad did thy get thy parcel wat I sent ??

drop me a line or a text-or did the builders eat them ?

Rob

Got it today matethumbsup.gif

Know you & the boss are really busy next weekend but it'll be great if you can both make it for a couple of hours.

Got it today matethumbsup.gif

Know you & the boss are really busy next weekend but it'll be great if you can both make it for a couple of hours.

I will be dead if I miss my mates wedding mart, also depends what time The Flirtations let me leave saturday as well--they can talk for America and England !

Have a good one !

Errol will have Bridlington 2010 tickets for sale at the event.

Anyone wanting Brid tickets to pick up let me know and I will send them Via Martin

Rob & Karen

Just letting everyone know that Mick & Mo from Skegness are taking Tat's place this Saturday so the balance is about right for the 70's, New Soul fans & everything inbetween hopefully.

The full line up in no particular order is as follows....

Mark Randle

Simon Murray

Lin Taylor

Terry Gee

Brett Franklin

Cliff Dale

Steve Woomble

Mick & Mo

The Modernism residents (Russ Steele, Errol Green & Martin Dixon)

Also if anyone is still wanting wristbands reserving please get in touch via pm on here or phone me on my mobile on 07761 496979 or my landline on 01709 323132 but if phoning please make it in the evening as I can't really have access to my mobile in work hours.

We will be saving a limited number of bands on the door but the last thing we want to have to do is to turn folks away if we get full so it's best to book beforehand.

Mart...

Just letting everyone know that Mick & Mo from Skegness are taking Tat's place this Saturday so the balance is about right for the 70's, New Soul fans & everything inbetween hopefully.

The full line up in no particular order is as follows....

Mark Randle

Simon Murray

Lin Taylor

Terry Gee

Brett Franklin

Cliff Dale

Steve Woomble

Mick & Mo

The Modernism residents (Russ Steele, Errol Green & Martin Dixon)

Also if anyone is still wanting wristbands reserving please get in touch via pm on here or phone me on my mobile on 07761 496979 or my landline on 01709 323132 but if phoning please make it in the evening as I can't really have access to my mobile in work hours.

We will be saving a limited number of bands on the door but the last thing we want to have to do is to turn folks away if we get full so it's best to book beforehand.

Mart...

I'm in Fightin' Franklins corner for this one as usual and we are hoping our medic and cuts man "Dr" Mark Etheridge is available. Hope "Marvellous" Murray can make the weight this time and Brett doesn't have to take his adrenalin fuelled frustrations out on the taxi driver, which is me whistling

Just a quick update & sadly 2 DJ's have had to pull out.

Roger Williams & Tat's Taylor can't make it due to family commitments but that nice Mr Steve Woomble has now been added to the line up.

Just hope we can manage to keep him sober395112.gif

Must thank Roger for the flyer design & know he's gutted at not being able to make it as is Tat's & also thank Tat's for the offer of doing a 70's night for us later in the year.

Also looking at another big name to complete the line up so watch this space.

Finally if anyone else wants tickets can they call me on my mobile (07761 496979) over the weekend as I'm not going to be at home after tonight until Monday or to pm me & I'll get back to you on Monday evening.

Thanks,

Mart...

Hi Martin,

Hoping to get over for a bit in the afternoon. Looks good!thumbup.gif

Jayne.x

Hi Martin,

Hoping to get over for a bit in the afternoon.

From what I've heard Jayne he's getting more that a "Bit" in the afternoon's these daysexcl.giflaugh.gif

Still Djing will keep him out of trouble, looking good for saturday mate all in a good cause as well

see you soon

Rob & Karen

Hi Martin,

Hoping to get over for a bit in the afternoon.

From what I've heard Jayne he's getting more that a "Bit" in the afternoon's these days:excl::laugh:

Still Djing will keep him out of trouble, looking good for saturday mate all in a good cause as well

see you soon

Rob & Karen

LOL :D brilliant!

Jayne.x.

Right then suppose I best post up some directions for the travellers to the venue.

The easiest way to the venue is via the M1 motorway.

If heading from the South leave the M1 at jct 34 (Meadowhall) & follow the signs for Kimberworth.

These will take you along the Tinsley viaduct which runs under the M1 for about 1 mile. At the end of the viaduct you get to a roundabout. At this take the 4th exit signposted Kimberworth. This will take you up a very steep hill called Meadowhall Road. Follow this to the end & at the T junction turn right & the Manor barn is 100 yards on your left just after a pub called The Travellers.

Sounds complicated but it's not really.

If heading from the North leave the M1 at junction 34 & take the 1st exit on the island up a very steep hill called Meadowhall Road (signposted Kimberworth) & follow this to the end & at the T junction turn right & the Manor barn is 100 yards on your left just after a pub called The Travellers.

There are some diversion signs scattered around at both of the roundabouts mentioned above but ignore these as they do not concern you.

If using sat nav just tap in S61 1EP.

Hope the link below works for the map of the venue but if not just tap in S61 1EP.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Also for anyone booking late into the Welcome Inn there are now no double rooms left & only a couple of twin rooms but if you ask them nicely you can have a family room for the same discounted price.

like to thank mart for asking mo & myself to stand in for tat's, been asked to play some classic 7o'ts & cool crossover, before handing on to steve & tezz to rip it up.

looking forward to shearing our choons, hopefully be something for everyone .

weather forcast looking good, top time me thinks. thumbup.gif

like to thank mart for asking mo & myself to stand in for tat's, been asked to play some classic 7o'ts & cool crossover, before handing on to steve & tezz to rip it up.

looking forward to shearing our choons, hopefully be something for everyone .

weather forcast looking good, top time me thinks. thumbup.gif

Good luck - not that there will be any needed - with today / tonight .

As I stated in our PM exchange , I cannot be with you , as I am making a rare appearance behind the decks at Magna in Rotherham , tonight .

Hope the charity coffers overflow mate :thumbsup:

Malc Burton