Peggy Gaines - When The Boy That You Love

• Replies 15
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I know this was previously un released and it's on a Kent single but was the Ref-O-ree release legit or a boot?

thanks

gary

Its been out for a few yrs now as this copy but as for who pressed it and do they own the rights ??

As far as i'm aware the only legit copyu is the kent anniversary with san fran tko's on the flip.

Social source share

As far as I am aware it is not a legit release unless it has been licensed from Ted Jarrett or Ace/Kent.

Got an acetate of this of Adey for the little bit of help i did for them with the Cds.

I have resisted buying one for my collection as I dont see it as legit?????????? :D If it is then I am one missing from the label :wicked:

Cracking tune

Dave Halsall

Social source share

Wrong Mal......the track along with 20 other masters were licensed by Fred James of Bluesland owners of Ref-o-Ree and Spar.

Most

And it says so on the actual 45 :D

Quick where can i get one for a fiver,seen as i sold it when i thought it was a boot :wicked:

Social source share

I'd say boot...

Mal :D

[/quote

Wrong Mal.....

Fred James at Bluesland, owners of Spar and Ref-o-Ree licensed 20 tracks to Goldsoul which in turn were used to compile the now deleted cd title 'Golden Age of Northern Soul vol.2

As a limited 45, we made 300 on the label's imprint Ref-o-Ree.

It didn't sell. And if my memory serves me correctly, we sold most to Crazy Beat as...like a few collectors thought...it must be a boot. Actually it's perfectly legit.

But as Goldsoul are no longer in the Record Distribution business, we really have no interest.

That alone will probably make the record valuable, as less copies were distributed than the Kent single.

Kev at Goldsoul

Social source share

I'd say boot...

Mal :wicked:

[/quote

Wrong Mal.....

Fred James at Bluesland, owners of Spar and Ref-o-Ree licensed 20 tracks to Goldsoul which in turn were used to compile the now deleted cd title 'Golden Age of Northern Soul vol.2

It didn't sell. And if my memory serves me correctly, we sold most to Crazy Beat as...like a few collectors thought...it must be a boot. Actually it's perfectly legit.

But as Goldsoul are no longer in the Record Distribution business, we really have no interest.

That alone will probably make the record valuable, as less copies were distributed than the Kent single.

Kev at Goldsoul

Social source share

I'd say boot...

Mal :wave:

[/quote

Wrong Mal.....

Kev at Goldsoul

SWEET :(

Always seemed a shame to have to pay big money cos San fran Tko's was on the flip thumbsup.gif

Great record but i always wanted it for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jQ_2xvsNKc

Nev

Sweet indeed. I was sure I'd read something about it being legit but managed to talk myself out of it. Probably £6 well spent then!!!

THANKS AGAIN CHAPS!

gary

Social source share

Nev

Sweet indeed. I was sure I'd read something about it being legit but managed to talk myself out of it. Probably £6 well spent then!!!

THANKS AGAIN CHAPS!

gary

i,ve got an acetate of this but sounds earlier and got male group on backing anyone know anything about this....
Social source share

I'd love to hear it, any chance of posting it up?

gary

It's unreleased from 1972. Kent discovered it as they were dealing with Fred James before Goldsoul.

Unfortunately when we decided to run with it, the track had been pretty much used up, hence it didn't sell for us.

We have about 8 copies left if anyone wants them at £5 each.

Pay at orders@goldsoul.co.uk

I think only Ace have the rights to it now,though the owner shows up on Google as a licensor....still.

Brilliant track that will get much bigger. I regularly play it on Solar.

Great discovery by Kent.

Social source share

It's unreleased from 1972. Kent discovered it as they were dealing with Fred James before Goldsoul.

Unfortunately when we decided to run with it, the track had been pretty much used up, hence it didn't sell for us.

We have about 8 copies left if anyone wants them at £5 each.

Pay at orders@goldsoul.co.uk

I think only Ace have the rights to it now,though the owner shows up on Google as a licensor....still.

Brilliant track that will get much bigger. I regularly play it on Solar.

Great discovery by Kent.

Thanks for the info on this!

gary

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert