70's Soul Track I Just Found

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest remus

Er, you know I know nothing about 70's soul except that I don't like it - I found this just now, it's another version of Daybreak, so I presume it's already known, but if not - it's not bad actually

link

Is this the Main Ingredient version, or Champagne as per sound clip?

Social source share

Er, you know I know nothing about 70's soul except that I don't like it - I found this just now, it's another version of Daybreak, so I presume it's already known, but if not - it's not bad actually

link

Prefer Daybreak, but yeah what a nice version that I certainly havn't heard before. Where do you come across that Pete?

Sam

Social source share

It was on a cd I found just now, did it a few years back when I was still down south, I just put a load of what I thought were obscure tracks on and gave them daft names but forgot to write down who they actually were :graywanker:

but my stalker is correct, it's definitely Main Ingredient and it was on UK Power Exchange if I remember correctly. Not sure where I got 'Champagne' from ranting_1.gif

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

Superb Pete :huh: have known this ages, but nt sure which I like best.... I think this is probably the smoother record but i love the Daybreak man's voice so think I would have to vote for that :yes: ...and am I right in saying it's harder to find than Daybreak? Been hunting for this for ages and not a sniff until end of last year one went through on ebay but I forgot about it.... I have seen 20+ copies of Daybreak over past few years, just refuse to pay so much for a record I don't see as being particularly rare... kin tightarse..... ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Guest dodger

Not sure where I got 'Champagne' from  :huh:

link

Probably Bargain Booze and you'd necked it just before typing the wrong title. ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Superb Pete :huh: have known this ages, but nt sure which I like best.... I think this is probably the smoother record but i love the Daybreak man's voice so think I would have to vote for that :yes: ...and am I right in saying it's harder to find than Daybreak? Been hunting for this for ages and not a sniff until end of last year one went through on ebay but I forgot about it.... I have seen 20+ copies of Daybreak over past few years, just refuse to pay so much for a record I don't see as being particularly rare... kin tightarse..... ranting_1.gif

link

What should I flog it for mate, I've definitely still got it, though it's not in here, I'm sure I've got it though...unless I'm thinking of something else...The Imperials probably

Social source share

It's an OK version, but not as good as Daybreak + you don't get "I Need Love" on the flip + it's one of those ugly UK 45's. ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Guest remus

It was on a cd I found just now, did it a few years back when I was still down south, I just put a load of what I thought were obscure tracks on and gave them daft names but forgot to write down who they actually were  :graywanker:

but my stalker is correct, it's definitely Main Ingredient and it was on UK Power Exchange if I remember correctly.  Not sure where I got 'Champagne' from  :huh:

link

Champagne did "How about us", nice C/up name mind, regards the John Stalker! ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Guest Jamie

What should I flog it for mate, I've definitely still got it, though it's not in here, I'm sure I've got it though...unless I'm thinking of something else...The Imperials probably

link

I reckon between £20 - £30

Forgot I had this! :huh:

Jamie ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Guest remus

link

Main Ingredient used to very easy tp pick up. Once Daybreak was about, M.I got snapped up. Still, can't be that hard surely?

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Hi Pete,

You probably got it for the 'b' or 'a' side originally,"Reggae disco".

:huh: I've got a price listed of £20 for the copy on Power Exchange . . . but can't remember when or how long ago I saw it for sale!! ranting_1.gif

Martin

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

...and am I right in saying it's harder to find than Daybreak? Been hunting for this for ages and not a sniff until end of last year one went through on ebay but I forgot about it.... I have seen 20+ copies of Daybreak over past few years, just refuse to pay so much for a record I don't see as being particularly rare... kin tightarse..... :huh:

link

No :yes: the guy's are right but £20 tops probably less mind you i've got one that you can have for £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££s if you prefer ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!