I'm at it again, thoughts?

I was out driving today, and whilst doing so I was thinking about the recent CD discussions on the forum.

It got me thinking about when labels (such as Kent) release previously unreleased tracks. I mean Little Anns two tracks, What Should I Do and Who Are You Trying To Fool were never released before Mr Croasdell put them out, I believe. So in that respect they are originals, but then again are they reissues because they have only recently been released on Kent (which is primarily a reissue label)?

Like I said, what with all the previously unreleased material that has been discovered there must be others similar to these (Melba Moore -The Magic Touch, for one).

So would it be acceptable to say play at a major event Little Ann on Kent, but not say Dottie & Millie's - Talkin' About My Baby as it was previously released on Topper?

I suppose the question is, When Is An Original A Reissue, or should that be, When Is A Reissue An Original?

Like I said in a previous post, I'm interested in other peoples views, and I'd be interested to see what you think on this subject.

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I THINK A SIMILAR POST HAS ANSWERED A LOT OF THIS BEFORE. SURELY THERE CANT BE ANYTHING WRONG WITH PLAYING STUFF LIKE LITLE ANN THAT HAS COME OUT ON THE KENT LABEL AS AFTER ALL IT WAS NEVER ISSUED. BUT WHAT ABOUT GRAPEVINE STUFF ETC. WELL THEY ARE OFFICIAL RELEASES - NOT BOOTS - THERE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO CANT AFFORD THE ORIGINAL OR SIMPLY CANT GET HOLD OF A COPY DUE TO THEIR RARITY. PERSONALLY CANT SEE ANYTHING WRONG IN THAT.

GRANT

Social source share

lets face it , for one example,although much derided as being played out nowadays, but would we have heard the likes of Frank Wilkson since the original airings 25 years ago if EMIdiscs, pressings or reissues were totally frowned upon?

Social source share

Guest 71TRSC

With some previously unissued tracks issued on kent and grapevine they are legal reissues. But I recently got Don't start none, the Mayfield singers and Gotta find a new love, the inspirations. Anyone know if these are legal reissues or not?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!