Orrell Soul Club

Well what can I Say, the night started off with Tony & suprise guest Hobbo playing a solid set of oldies, which was a suprise for me as Hobbo is known for his modern sets at his own club in Skegness. As the room started to fill up I went on and played a set of semi known Oldies. The room was now pretty busy and it was left to Mick Moylan to keep the floor moving, as he did in is usual fasion of across the board Northern & R&B. Next up was Special Guest For the night Nigel A who kept the night going with a fantastic set of Known & semi known Northern. And finally to Tony Clarke who still never fails to amaze me with what he has in them boxes of his, which all led to a excellent night. numbers were high again so a big thank you to all who supported us and keep supporting us when there are so many venues to choose from. and a special thanks to the folk who travelled from Stoke, Derby, North wales & skegness.

Edited by soulster1
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Top night Andy!!

I'm starting to run out of superlatives for this event, it really does keep getting better and better. What an absolute stormer last night was. The best so far for me, without doubt. As Doug Banks said, I Just Kept On Dancing. Brilliant sets from all the DJ's, every session was just packed with danceable tunes. Thanks for playing the requests guys aswell, really much appreciated.

A great atmosphere, the place was just buzzing all night (or was that just my head :lol: ), and with such great friendly people it's no surprise.

Got to give special thanks to Andy and Tony for allowing me to play a few of my records before the doors opened, it was a thrill for me to hear them on such a great sound system echoing round the room. Just brilliant.

Nice to see Pete & Liz again and to meet Brian (Hobbo) from Skegness, although asking for over a tenner for that Joe Tex was a bit much mate :lol: Hope to see you again over in Skeggy in September, if not before.

Just a big 'well done' to Andy, Tony and Ann, you certainly know how to run a top ship :thumbup:

Now I've got to go and wash all my shirts I went through last night and then rest my weary legs.

P.S. Ann, I'll have to arrange some lessons off my daughter on how to use that camera for next time. I felt like a right prune flashing away only to find every pic was just a fuzzy mess. Intelligent Focus indeed angry.gif . I should have stuck to me Kodak Brownie ph34r.gif

First time at Orrell Soul Club, met some new folks and caught up with some old faces, was a good night and heard some tunes not heard for a long time smile.gif

Good friendly atmosphere, and as for Hobbo, well what can i say :thumbup:ohmy.gif

Kaz

Guest bury masonic

Great nite again Andy,superb tunes

Yes Paul,i agree,wot a spot by Nigel + Tony,cant get much better!!!

Welll done to everyone!!

Dereck + Sheila

Bury Masonic

MINI ALLDAYER SUNDAY 24TH MAY,2PM TILL 10PM

THIS WAS CERTAINLY ONE OF OUR BEST NIGHTS YET AT ORRELL.

GREAT ATMOSPHERE.

ALL I CAN DO IS ECHO WHAT'S ALREADY BEEN SAID.

THE MUSIC PLAYED BY ALL THE DJ'S WAS EXCELLENT, A REALLY GOOD MIX OF UNDERPLAYED AND ACROSS THE BOARD NORTHERN, KEEPING THE DANCEFLOOR BUSY ALL NIGHT.

HOBBO PLEASANTLY SURPRISED ME WITH HIS MUSIC (OBVIOULSY LEFT HIS DISCO MUSIC AT HOME)!!!!! :rolleyes: OH, AND THANKS FOR PLAYING JOE TEX FOR ME!

HOPE YOU GET HOME TODAY OK, AND REMEMBERED YOUR DISCO BALL!

WAS GOOD TO SEE QUITE A NUMBER OF NEW FACES THERE AND TO MEET KAREN.

A BIG 'THANK YOU' TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED US AND GAVE US POSITIVE COMMENTS AND HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL NEXT MONTH. thumbup.gif

I'M REALLY PROUD TO BE PART OF ORRELL, MAY IT NOW GO FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH.

PHOTOS ARE NOW POSTED ON THE MEMBERS GALLERY.

BB

Edited by BUSYBEE-GD
Guest hobbo49

well set off friday dinner time for prestatyn,by train to meet up with my best soul friend kaz

arrived there at 6.30 ,havent seen her for four years.stayed there all weekend.went out for a few beers with her friday nite ,would be rude not to.saturday we left prestatyn 6.30 for orrell ,arrived their at 7.45. went up on the decks with tony 8.00 - 9.00 enjoyed it very much. must say very nice venue all the dj's did very good spots. was nice to se derek & ian and there partners and having a good chat with them also brian & kathy , havent seen them for a few years . better give blunny a mention .met him for the first time cracking lad. just like to say to a couple off girls who's names i have forgotten but wore the twirly skirts thanks for dancing to all the records i played , and u were great company.left at 12.50 yes pissed again didnt get out the car park before sleeping. anne thanks 4 the present. anyway after a hetic weekend left prestatyn monday morning at 9.00 and got home at 4.00 so thanks 4 a great weekend kaz and a great nite andy,anne,tony

well set off friday dinner time for prestatyn,by train to meet up with my best soul friend kaz

arrived there at 6.30 ,havent seen her for four years.stayed there all weekend.went out for a few beers with her friday nite ,would be rude not to.saturday we left prestatyn 6.30 for orrell ,arrived their at 7.45. went up on the decks with tony 8.00 - 9.00 enjoyed it very much. must say very nice venue all the dj's did very good spots. was nice to se derek & ian and there partners and having a good chat with them also brian & kathy , havent seen them for a few years . better give blunny a mention .met him for the first time cracking lad. just like to say to a couple off girls who's names i have forgotten but wore the twirly skirts thanks for dancing to all the records i played , and u were great company.left at 12.50 yes pissed again didnt get out the car park before sleeping. anne thanks 4 the present. anyway after a hetic weekend left prestatyn monday morning at 9.00 and got home at 4.00 so thanks 4 a great weekend kaz and a great nite andy,anne,tony

PLEASED YOU ARRIVED HOME SAFELY AND IN ONE PIECE!!!!

AFTER ALL THAT EFFORT YOU MADE TO GET HERE, I'M REALLY PLEASED THAT YOU ENJOYED THE WEEKEND, ALTHOUGH I SAY IT MYSELF, IT WAS AN EXCELLENT NIGHT.

IT WAS GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN, ALTHOUGH WHEN YOU LEFT, I THOUGHT I'D GONE DEAF!!!!! :wicked:

POOR, POOR KAZ!!!!

THE GIRLS WITH THE 'TWIRLY SKIRTS' WERE CHRISSIE AND JOAN.

BLUNNY IS A GOOD LAD, ALTHOUGH WE ARE ALL A FRIENDLY BUNCH AT ORRELL!

OH, AND HAVE YOU FOUND ANYWHERE TO HANG YOUR PREZZIE YET?!! ohmy.gif

SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER IF NOT BEFORE!!!! :(

Edited by BUSYBEE-GD

Aww shucks :wicked::( Thanks for the nice comments.

I just get carried away by the atmosphere, it's hard to be anything but lively and energetic.

As Ann says, there's such a great bunch of people at Orrell, it just rubs off on you.

Long may it continue thumbup.gif

I know it's a bit late, agree with all the comments and would go as far to say that it was the best night since the new management took over imo..........already looking forward to next month

Well done everybody concerned with Orrell Soul Club :rolleyes: