Clive Scott, Ian Levine's Writing Partner /producer Rip

Ian asked me to mention the passing of his long term writing and producing partner Clive Scott, former member of the band Jigsaw and the man who's been involved with every single one of Ian's productions over the last 16 years including Venicia Wilson, Four Vandals, Archie Bell, Sidney Barnes etc. He also arranged, produced and played on every single backing track used on SWONS.

Clive fell from a ladder onto concrete at his home causing brain damage and he eventually died from complications caused by that and a stroke.

Like the music or not, that is a tragic way to go and a great loss for Ian and of course those close to Clive.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ian asked me to mention the passing of his long term writing and producing partner Clive Scott, former member of the band Jigsaw and the man who's been involved with every single one of Ian's productions over the last 16 years including Venicia Wilson, Four Vandals, Archie Bell, Sidney Barnes etc. He also arranged, produced and played on every single backing track used on SWONS.

Clive fell from a ladder onto concrete at his home causing brain damage and he eventually died from complications caused by that and a stroke.

Like the music or not, that is a tragic way to go and a great loss for Ian and of course those close to Clive.

That is really sad!

My thoughts go out to Clive's family and of course to Ian.

RIP

Steve

Social source share

Such a tragic accident,condolences to all concerned.

Social source share

Ian emailed shortly after Clive's fall , to say he was in a very bad way .

My sincerest condolences to Clive's family and close friends .

RIP

Malc Burton

Social source share

Ian emailed shortly after Clive's fall , to say he was in a very bad way .

My sincerest condolences to Clive's family and close friends .

RIP

Malc Burton

I felt that I must post this in respect of the passing of Clive Scott .

I know Ian and Clive were justly proud of the song , and the words of the song are particularly relevent in the light of day .

">
Social source share

Sad to hear that, someone I knew died of septisemia the over day. Cut himself in the garden and two days later he's dead. Which is a timely reminder to everyone keep your tetanus jabs up to date.....basically there's no rhyme or reason to this, as we get older, friends die, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Social source share

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Blown Round By The Wind

Thrown Down In a Spin

I Gave You Love

I Thought That We Had Made It To The Top

I Gave You All I Had To Give

Why Did It Have To Stop

You've Blown It All Sky High

By Telling Me a Lie

Without a Reason Why

You, You've Blown It All Sky High

Our Love Had Wings To Fly

We Could Have Touched The Sky

Up Round I've Flown

Then Down Down Like a Stone

I Gave You Love

Social source share

Guest Paul

Taken from Music Week magazine...

Renowned producer and songwriter Clive Scott has died.

Scott, a former keyboard player with British band Jigsaw, passed away in hospital after suffering a stroke caused by him falling off a ladder.

Jigsaw were perhaps best known for their 1975 hit single Sky High, one of the biggest selling English language records in Japan of all time.

When the group split in the Eighties, Scott went into songwriting and production for other artists, working mainly with Ian Levine.

Their work together included producing Blue's One Love / Get Ready and remixing Billie's She Wants You.

Levine says, "It is with a painfully heavy heart, and with the deepest of sadness burdening my soul, that I have to tell you all that my wonderful and brilliant and irreplaceable songwriting partner of the last sixteen years, Clive Scott, passed away last night. The world will never be the same."

"He was the yin to my yang, my right arm," he adds. "He was a great person to work with."

Catalyst Music Publishing managing director Peter Knight Jr. adds, "I first met Clive Scott in 1975. Clive and his writing and performing partner, Des Dyer, were the mainstay of the band Jigsaw who I signed to Private Stock Records and with whom we shared and enjoyed the chart successes of Sky High. Jigsaw went on to many more successes, especially in Japan.

"Clive was an extremely talented musician, composer and producer cooperating frequently with such luminaries and Ray Hedges and Ian Levine. Clive's charming and friendly disposition was matched by his generosity and perpetual willingness to help others with co-writes and production time in his studio in Ascot."

Scott is survived by his wife Ann and son Sam.

LINK: https://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?section...1037716&c=1

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert