Another one on EBAY

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

It looks real to me. JMs bootleg guide backs up what Dave has written, the boot is black and white.

Follow me boys......charge......

Social source share

1. Own or borrow one original pressed on styrene

2. Nip down to Staples or Office World & pay £3 for a couple of color photocopies

3. Buy a 70's pressing of said original = on styrene

4. Remove black & white label from pressing and stick on color photocopies

5. Rip some poor sod off large amount of dosh

Not guilty, but I've heard of people doing so!!!

Social source share

Hmm, yes.......reminds me of a saga from a few years ago. Someone did try the colour photocopy scam and put a lot of pressings with such labels on auction. His cover was blown when a well-known dealer went round to his house, looking through the records, then a label fell off one of them!!

I guess the rule of "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware) applies in all these situations, though it is a truly despicable act.

Having said that, would be interesting to know about the Lenny Curtis, and whether the defo orig has gone on sale mistakenly.

Gene

Social source share

Just had a look - I'm confused, as on a close look, the label looks typical of some End issues, in that the bit round the centre looks to be hanging off, due to poor quality glue. Same thing can be said about a lot of Arock and Shrine releases (in some cases, there is no label at all!).

On the other hand, didn't the original have "END" printed in white lettering rather than blue? Or am I wrong?

Gene

Social source share

Actually, after a check, I think the seller could well be right.

You see, on the original, END is printed in blue, but it is a much darker shade of blue than the top and bottom of the label. The one advertised has END in the same shade of blue.

If it is a re-issue, I've never seen it in this form - unusual.

Gene

Social source share

As one who was lucky enough to buy one many years ago from JM (£20 hee hee)

it looks good ......... but not that good ! I think the lettering for END is the wrong shade of blue as Gene mentioned on his post. Buyer beware indeed !!

dave g

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!