Cleethorpes 2009

• Replies 255
  • Views 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Owzabout a good ole fashioned cheque? www.6ts.info fo' details.

Been looking forward to and planning for this for so long, then rembered two days ago that I hadn't even bought the passes... :thumbup:

I did one of them old fashioned chq things, took ages o find it tho... :D

Getting excited now and trying not to peak too soon by starting the "I bet they're going to Cleethorpes" game this weekend .... :thumbup:

Had to laugh at this post, coz heading up to Barnsley on Sat nite, that went thru my head... :D

As official spokesman for the Kleethorpes Kazoo's I have been working hard for the last few days to address the lack of Glamour in our ensemble.

Johnny Weston was initially approached to appear in drag, he was quite excited at the thought of wearing lycra but ran a mile at the mention of a Back Sack & Crack. Although he will enter in to the spirit of things by entering the Sunday fancy dress as a 5ft 8 tall cerise pink Kazoo with matching slingbacks. :thumbup:

Philly and the tartan temptresses of the Broughty Ferry Majorettes will be twirling their sticks as promised, at least I think they said sticks. :thumbup:

Elaine, Julia, Louise & Natalie have formed an impromptu pom pom waving quartet now known as "The Kazoo Kittens" are they atomic I hear you cry? Well after a bottle of Sambuca they certainly go with a bang! :D

So for all you last minute ditherers who have yet to book for Cleethorpes get your fingers out this is one weekender you don't want to miss. B)

Dave Welding

Been practising all week, with a little help from Dita Von... oops wrong gig :DTassles.... Batons all packed and ready, raring to go. :(

Phyllis

Edited by philly
Guest miff

I might be a bit lonely this year, looks like am the only one from Cleethorpes doing the full weekend this year, as far as i can find out ,even my best mates not going to make it. :lol: oh well beer.gif:lol::rolleyes:

The Kleethorpes Kazoo's update

Legendary Bourbon drinker Dave Thorley being a late addition to the Band has been taking his Kazoo home for extra practice, very admirable we first thought, that was until we received a distraught phone call from Malayka claiming she found an inebriated Dave sitting cross legged on the bedroom floor with his Kazoo trying to charm a pair of her tights out of the linen basket. :lol:

The husband and wife team of Arthur Fenn & Maria O will be bringing a touch of culture to the Band playing traditional Australian instruments: The Wobble Board & Stylophone often referred to as the Electric Kazoo. :lol:

We had hoped to add a touch of Caribbean flavour to our rhythm section with the addition of a steel band but due to Rimmers miserly budget we had to settle for the next best thing, Taff banging a scaffold pole with a spanner. B)

Our Horn section will now be featuring Gilly from Derbyshire who will be Blowing his own trumpet, he is still a very supple guy for his age :rolleyes:

Remember the Kazoo players Motto "A Good job is always a Blow Job" so get practicing. :ohmy:wicked.gif:lol:

Edited by Louise

The Kleethorpes Kazoo's update

Legendary Bourbon drinker Dave Thorley being a late addition to the Band has been taking his Kazoo home for extra practice, very admirable we first thought, that was until we received a distraught phone call from Malayka claiming she found an inebriated Dave sitting cross legged on the bedroom floor with his Kazoo trying to charm a pair of her tights out of the linen basket. :wicked:

The husband and wife team of Arthur Fenn & Maria O will be bringing a touch of culture to the Band playing traditional Australian instruments: The Wobble Board & Stylophone often referred to as the Electric Kazoo. :lol:

We had hoped to add a touch of Caribbean flavour to our rhythm section with the addition of a steel band but due to Rimmers miserly budget we had to settle for the next best thing, Taff banging a scaffold pole with a spanner. B)

Our Horn section will now be featuring Gilly from Derbyshire who will be Blowing his own trumpet, he is still a very supple guy for his age :thumbup:

Remember the Kazoo players Motto "A Good job is always a Blow Job" so get practicing. :lol::shhh::)

Now I'm really worried! :lol:

Still remember the reaction from the ladies when Bryan walked out onstage at Prestatyn. Made me blush it did. Some of the things they were saying :thumbup:

Will he be singing with Melvin again?

You never know, thats up to Ady-but the more "Davisus" (or Davies?) on stage the better :shhh: , that is if there's enough room infront of The Kazzoo band :wicked:

R & K

ps if you think it was bad at Prestatyn (the ladies reaction to Bryan) you should have seen him in action Sainsbury's at Worksop !!! :lol:

Guest Mrs Simsy

Have just posted this in the lifts section but just in case...

Can anyone give Karime Kendra (Ty Karims daughter) a lift from the London area? :lol:

Costumes are now nearly finished for Sunday night! :lol:

Have just posted this in the lifts section but just in case...

Can anyone give Karime Kendra (Ty Karims daughter) a lift from the London area? :lol:

Costumes are now nearly finished for Sunday night! :lol:

If there are no other takers - and Karime can get to Huntingdon (Main Line from Kings.. 50 mins) - I'll be heading off lunchtime on the Friday, If I can be of assistance.. :lol:

Fingers.. :lol:

Guest Mrs Simsy

If there are no other takers - and Karime can get to Huntingdon (Main Line from Kings.. 50 mins) - I'll be heading off lunchtime on the Friday, If I can be of assistance.. smile.gif

Fingers.. :ohmy:

Ooh you are a good egg Johnny! :ohmy:

You would take good care of her wouldn't you? :unsure::ohmy: I'll keep you updated! :D

Now I'm really worried! :ohmy:

You're worried? - I spent the first 36 years of my life (pretty much) in Australia - and I'd never even heard of a flaming stylophone (click) :ohmy:

I reckon I'd manage a wobble board alright though - and I wouldn't even need the board

...I've never been one for a double-act either, so Arthur would have to stroke his own instrument :unsure:

m

post-3480-1243890693_thumb.jpg

post-3480-1243890704_thumb.png

Now I'm really worried! :unsure:

And worried you should be Ady :ohmy: The Big signing the Kazoos have been waitng for has finally agreed to join us You've guessed it, The Master of the Sunday Night finale Mayhem the one and only "NEVER TOO DRUNK TO FUNK" Mick Smith laugh.gif:ohmy::ohmy:

Dave

Edited by Louise

Can I join in with the kazoos on my tambourine? I'm good at marching, honest. I lack experience in baton handling, but I'm sure I can make up for it with rythym & raw enthusiasm :ohmy:

I shall be accompanying the newlywed Cherry Luptons this year. Now is it just me being hungry or do they sound like a lovely cake? Anyway, as far as I'm aware, they've never played anything, apart from truant & cricket respectively, so please don't count on them for any glockenspiel bashing. No idea yet who's accompanying ME - it may be the lovely Angela, or the equally lovely Justin. Rather depends on the allocation of the babysitting short straw.

Managed to get to the first 10 or so Cleethorpeses, but have been unavoidably pregnant for most of the time since then, so it will be a happy homecoming for me to the modernised splendour of the Beachcomber. Can't wait post-8338-1243980636.gif

Theresa x

post-8338-1243980636.gif

Can I join in with the kazoos on my tambourine? I'm good at marching, honest. I lack experience in baton handling, but I'm sure I can make up for it with rythym & raw enthusiasm :thumbup:

I shall be accompanying the newlywed Cherry Luptons this year. Now is it just me being hungry or do they sound like a lovely cake? Anyway, as far as I'm aware, they've never played anything, apart from truant & cricket respectively, so please don't count on them for any glockenspiel bashing. No idea yet who's accompanying ME - it may be the lovely Angela, or the equally lovely Justin. Rather depends on the allocation of the babysitting short straw.

Managed to get to the first 10 or so Cleethorpeses, but have been unavoidably pregnant for most of the time since then, so it will be a happy homecoming for me to the modernised splendour of the Beachcomber. Can't wait post-8338-1243980636.gif

Theresa - you will love it all over again.

I had a break from these weekenders too (shame on me) but not due to pregnancy (thankfully). Dipped my toes in again for the Sat night when Darrow Fletcher was on the other year (loved it & loved him even more) & then went for the whole weekend last year. I know Im a southport junkie but it was THE best weekender for me last year & I cant see it disappointing this year - tho it is strange not having those grotty chalets around anymore.

It will be ACE !!! girly so welcome back.

See you in Cleethorpes !!

Ali x

Theresa x

Hi all,

Anyone got a pass and a place to stay?

I will pay of course, a bit of a last minute decision to come though so fingers crossed!

Can bring a portable bed & kip on a floor somewhere if needs be...

I'm trying to persuade my soul-collecting pal from Detroit who'll be in the country at the time to come along too, but even if someone just has space for one it'd be great.

cheers,

George

EDIT - oops, didn't realise little-stevie had already asked on my behalf... :thumbup:

Edited by George M

:thumbsup::lol:

I'll tell KirstyS you said that.

You weren't complaining last year & I have the photo evidence to prove it :lol:

Lets hope she can sort something out this year as the pool wont be the same without her.

Ali x

Hi Ali,

:lol::lol: well I wont be fastening her poppers for her if she does make the pool...cant wait for this years, hope she doeas make it cos Im defo in that pool this year :D

Guest soul kitten

Hi Ali,

:lol::lol: well I wont be fastening her poppers for her if she does make the pool...cant wait for this years, hope she doeas make it cos Im defo in that pool this year :thumbsup:

you are far too excited already what are you going to be like by next week ,cant wait either mind :D:lol:

Good girl, we need a few more brave ones. it's my official "relax it's all over" time; well that and the five hours drinking before!

We on short time Ady

5 Hours b4

800 till 02something aprox

dependent on What we persaude Andrew to extend etc

drinking and having a good time all over bit

And the Marching Band to cater for

Bloody dressing rooms overstretched as it is

Sound Guy is going to have a dicky fit

mic ing that lot up

This just in from Reuters

6ts Cleethorpes Weekender 2009 - Latest News

6TS Cleethorpes Weekender 2009 are releasing 100 Saturday night only dance passes on a first come, first served basis.

To obtain these either send £25 by PayPal to ady.croasdell@btinternet.com or Email with the names of the people going and the address of the person organising the booking for guaranteed entry, pay on the door. Doors open from 9pm on the Saturday night and the all nighter runs right through to 8am (traditional like).

The live acts Melvin Davis and Jesse Davis will be on stage at midnight and the DJs will include Butch, Mick Smith, Keith Money, Ady Croasdell, Ginger, Pat Brady, Roger Banks, Soul Sam, Bob Hinsley, Adam, Terry Jones, Ivor Jones, Andy Davies, Cliff Steele, Mark Randle and several others who I can't remember at 4 in the morning.

Cheers

Ady Croasdell

Am I ever ready for this.

Terry Callier in Manchester the week before as well. Great days indeed.

All I need in Melv to do 'you made me over' and I'll be a happy man.

Bring it on

Jim :boxing:

Me too Jim...

Two very good weekends indeed...

Great to spend a few days catching up with many friends that we don't see out so often of late...

One of the highlights for me every year... wink.gif

Great to spend a few days catching up with many friends that we don't see out so often of late...

One of the highlights for me every year... wink.gif

Looking forward to catching up with you and your lovely Lydia! :lol:

Haven't seen you both for ages!

Only 8 more sleeps (or less if you're out this weekend I guess....!!!) :boxing: xx

Kleethorpes Kazoos Update:

Karen Wigley has become the latest volunteer Karen once had a moderately successful caberet career and she will be reviving her act as a topless Accordionist, well a girl needs a hobby when her husband spends all night playing with trains :thumbup:

What about the support acts i hear you cry, Melvin Davis has agreed to join us as Musical director he is currently working on a more soulful interpretation of "Mule Train" which means we can now find room for a beer tray wielding Pete Widdowson :D

A very anxious Jesse Davis has been in crisis talks with his agent at the prospect of sharing the stage with a Marching Band wanting to know if "There's Room for Me" to which his agent replied just "Hang on in There" Jesse (yes we know this is a bad one) :thumbsup:

Dave Welding

Edited by Louise
Guest kid mohair

Got a mate needing a place in a caravan if any can help...

He is a good lad, toilet trained...

If any space going then drop us a pm... or text 07752084878..

cheers

Steve...

Will be in the pub on Friday with Bob at 2pm.... :D:yes:

Just make sure he dont go mad on the real ale, laugh.gif we hope to leave her at 10am, so get to the boozer for ....say....1ish. :g:beer.gifbeer.gif then :thumbsup::thumbup::D

Kleethorpes Kazoos Update:

Karen Wigley has become the latest volunteer Karen once had a moderately successful caberet career and she will be reviving her act as a topless Accordionist, well a girl needs a hobby when her husband spends all night playing with trains :(

make sure there is plenty of Elastoplas available, there may be a couple of sore points during the act

What about the support acts i hear you cry, Melvin Davis has agreed to join us as Musical director he is currently working on a more soulful interpretation of "Mule Train" which means we can now find room for a beer tray wielding Pete Widdowson wink.gif

Good old melvin-thats the way he is !

A very anxious Jesse Davis has been in crisis talks with his agent at the prospect of sharing the stage with a Marching Band wanting to know if "There's Room for Me" to which his agent replied just "Hang on in There" Jesse (yes we know this is a bad one) unsure.gif

Seriously, Diane-Jesse's wife nearly fell off the chair when I told her the venue was open all-night-and on Sundays they all dress up in fancy dress and jump into the swimming pool !

Rob & Karen

Dave Welding

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
Guest Ollie Lailey

This time next week................

Probably be in some sort of traffic jam, but will be on route to the best weekend of the year!!!

ttfn

ollie

Guest Chris Waterman

Really looking forward to hearing and meeting Melvin again, had the pleasure of hosting two events that Mr Davis appeared at a few years ago, the second 'An Audience with Melvin Davis' were he sat for a couple of hours taking questions, singing a few songs and sharing his past experiences with us is a night I will never forget and his voice ain't half bad either

If you have not heard this gentleman live before, you are in for a real treat

Guest Winki

Help!!!

looking for accomodation for four,

caravan - b&b -

can anyone help us?

Many greetings - thank you-

michael

sent pm

:lol:laugh.gif

I'll tell KirstyS you said that.

You weren't complaining last year & I have the photo evidence to prove it :D

Lets hope she can sort something out this year as the pool wont be the same without her.

Ali x

Pmsl, well if the suns shining I'm making it for the Saturday daytime, so Melv get your shoulders pads at the ready, get the lifeguards on standby for any drownings whistling.gif . I've bought a new cossie especially for it, its covered in poppers :lol:

I'm really sick that I'm not going for the whole weekend, last year was the best laugh I've ever had, I know you'll all have a belter :rolleyes:

Kx