Ketty Lester 'west Coast'

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Yes, I know it's as old as the hills (no one plays it tho' do they :sleep3: ) but I love it.

How much these days? never see it around, saw it once at the 100 in 1987 and never seen it since!

Regards

Jim. :D

I love the flip side "ill be lookin back"

Worth having just for the sentimental B side IMO

30 to 50 quid in mint on a uk capitol i would think?

Edited by mossy
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Bloody hell, thats not a bad price considering I never see it :sleep3: .

A great sound from yesteryear, a shame the 'northern' scene can't get back to playing underplayed oldies when appropriate, I swear that at a local do the handbag crowd would rather listen to 'lucky number' than this, the northern scene used to command respect,

anyway...

Better get out and have a look

Ta

Jim :D

Edited by Jim Elliott
Social source share

Bloody hell, thats not a bad price considering I never see it :sleep3: .

A great sound from yesteryear, a shame the 'northern' scene can't get back to playing underplayed oldies when appropriate, I swear that at a local do the handbag crowd would rather listen to 'lucky number' than this, the northern scene used to command respect,

anyway...

Better get out and have a look

Ta

Jim :D

I will probably get corrected with price :shhh: - It is a great 60s club classic - I can't comment on the "northern" scene anymore ...cause I just stay at home collecting records that I like nowdays, due to the very reasons you have just mentioned.

That Ketty Lester 45 Ive seen turn up a few times with UK pop dealers - as so does "some things are better left unsaid"

I dont think any of her UK 45s are real rare!

But what the feck do I know ?

Mossy

Edited by mossy
Social source share

I will probably get corrected with price :D - It is a great 60s club classic - I can't comment on the "northern" scene anymore ...cause I just stay at home collecting records that I like nowdays, due to the very reasons you have just mentioned.

That Ketty Lester 45 Ive seen turn up a few times with UK pop dealers - as so does "some things are better left unsaid"

Mossy

Got a Uk issue of ebay last year for a tenner .... thought it was a steal!! If I dj'd i'd def play it!!

Social source share

Got a Uk issue of ebay last year for a tenner .... thought it was a steal!! If I dj'd i'd def play it!!

I got UK copy off eBay few months ago for £25. Was listed in R&B section and no one else bid. Doesn't seem to be much demand for what I agree is a great and under-played record.

Alan

Social source share

I will probably get corrected with price :D - It is a great 60s club classic - I can't comment on the "northern" scene anymore ...cause I just stay at home collecting records that I like nowdays, due to the very reasons you have just mentioned.

Mossy

I think I'll Be Looking Back might have been the A side in the States, I have her doing it live on Shindig or one of those programs.

Social source share

Yes, I know it's as old as the hills (no one plays it tho' do they :thumbsup: ) but I love it.

How much these days? never see it around, saw it once at the 100 in 1987 and never seen it since!

Regards

Jim. :D

Sold a mint UK Capitol demo for £60 in 2007 if that's any help.

Julian

Social source share

Has been played out at the Belmont in the past by myself, bought from a glass case in Oxfam for £9.99 in company bag. A British minter too! Result!

Even the oldies crowd think it as a newie due to underplays :D

H

Social source share

• 6 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert