2Nd Northern & Rare Soul Weekender

COTES-DU-NORD SOUL CLUB present

2nd NORTHERN & RARE SOUL WEEKENDER

2 - 3 - 4 October 2009

At " Camping de la pommeraie " St Philibert , 29 000 TREGUNC , Brittany , France .

t�: 00 33 (0) 298 50 02 73 fax: 00 33 (0) 298 50 07 91 pommerai@club-internet.fr

www.campingdelapommeraie.com

We invite you in Brittany to share 3 days of SOUL Magic !! The site is beautiful , just one mile from the sea side on the south coast of Brittany . There's all the commodities in the campsite and nearby , restaurants , supermarkets ,...in Tregunc and the cities around.

2 all nighters , friday and saturday from 10pm to 6am , and an afternoon session from 4pm to 8pm on saturday featuring TOP Dj's from UK and France :

Dave Rimmer - Rugby Soul Club

Matt Smart - Rugby Soul Club

Phil Shields - Belfast Soul Club

Johnny Fingers

Christophe Bideault - La Rochelle Soul Club

Lionel Girard - Paris

Philippe Lezineaud - Rennes

Tanguy & Loren - Côtes-Du-Nord Soul Club

& Guests...

book NOW your caravan by calling directly , or e-mail , the campsite .

Accomodations : 2/3 people :98 euros - 4 people : 108 euros - 4/5 and 4/6 people : 115 euros

6/8 people : 150 euros - Those prices are for the all weekend ( friday afternoon to Sunday )

there's also other campsites and hotels nearby . Ask for details.

Records fair on saturday and sunday in Tregunc !!!!

Admission

Prices are :

25 euros ( all weekend pass )/ person - 20 euros members

or 15 euros / personn ( for one allnighter only)

Airports :

Ryan air : from East Midlands to Dinard ( + 2 hours of driving )

Flybe : from Birmingham , Leeds to Brest ( + 1 hour and a half of driving )

from Manchester to Rennes ( + 2 hours of driving )

Rent a car with Ryan air or Flybe

Contacts :

Loren : 1970.cdnsoul@orange.fr] 0033 (0) 622 49 13 53

Tanguy : tanguy.trovel@wanadoo.fr 0033 (0) 687 54 63 21

https://www.myspace.c...sdunordsoulclub

COME AND TRY A NEW EXPERIENCE !!!!! thumbsup.gif

post-10850-1242573642_thumb.jpg

post-10850-1242573658_thumb.jpg

Edited by loren
  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Mrs Simsy

Much as i appreciated the lift there & back from Johnny Fingers & Kenny last year...i'm flying this year! :lol::thumbsup:

This is a superb weekender, weather was gorgeous last year & as i was DJing i had the added bonus of free beer all weekend! thumbup.gif

If you're thinking of going...do! :thumbsup:

Much as i appreciated the lift there & back from Johnny Fingers & Kenny last year...i'm flying this year! :lol::lol:

This is a superb weekender, weather was gorgeous last year & as i was DJing i had the added bonus of free beer all weekend! :hypo:

If you're thinking of going...do! :yes:

:lol: ...That's exactly what I said...we did it on the cheap last year but my god a round trip of 1,300 miles... :lol:

Have been looking at a few options... :thumbup:

The beach was in walking distance and I was too knackered from driving to appreciate it, so this year will be different... :lol:

:) ...That's exactly what I said...we did it on the cheap last year but my god a round trip of 1,300 miles... :lol:

Have been looking at a few options... :lol:

The beach was in walking distance and I was too knackered from driving to appreciate it, so this year will be different... :lol:

Had a marvelous time last year

Cheese sandwiches anyone

Got me bucket and spade packed this time..........hope theres room for a few 45s to

See ya on the beach

Guest Mrs Simsy

Cheese sandwiches anyone

Got me bucket and spade packed this time..........hope theres room for a few 45s to

See ya on the beach

ph34r.giflaugh.gif

It really was a marvellous weekend, i'll pop a link to the gallery up. :thumbsup:

for the pictures from last year! biggrin.gif

:lol: ...That's exactly what I said...we did it on the cheap last year but my god a round trip of 1,300 miles... :lol:

Have been looking at a few options... :lol:

Thanks very much for your support and as you say you all :

-travel : doing 1,300 miles isn't just passion to the music , it's LOVE wub.gif

- Sun : sure that it won't missed this year again ! sweatingbullets.gif

- Beer : In Brittany , we make our own beer . :lol: and Cider too which is a major speciality of our region !

- Atmosphere : hot & friendly :lol: ...

- Records : soul ! soul ! soul ! soul ! what more could you ask for ? with top jocks like this excellent dj's line up .

Don't miss it ! all the best :lol:

Guest Lobster Madras

Cheese sandwiches anyone

See ya on the beach

Was a magnificent weekend, great people, great sounds, Britt beer is delicious..

No backdrops for me this year, but cheese sandwiches ? yes please!

See you all there, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !

Was a magnificent weekend, great people, great sounds, Britt beer is delicious..

No backdrops for me this year, but cheese sandwiches ? yes please!

See you all there, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !

There would be all you can expect from a weekender : the Music, sun , nice caravans , friendly atmosphere, awesome rare soul records ....! and this year spins and backdrops by our friend Russ ! thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

There would be all you can expect from a weekender : the Music, sun , nice caravans , friendly atmosphere, awesome rare soul records ....! and this year spins and backdrops by our friend Russ ! :thumbsup:

JUST FOUR MONTHS !!!!!! :D

Thinking of coming over to this one, and bringing the motley crew along too!!

Pricing it up as we speak.

You're welcome , you and your troop ! Sure you'll have a nice time in Brittany ...

There's also a record fair in Tregunc on saturday and sunday , all kind of stuff ....

Edited by loren
  • 3 weeks later...

QUOTE (loren @ Jun 7 09, 06:49 PM)

It's confirmed ! :laugh:

Ficklefingers will be with us again this year !! thumbsup.gif

Had a fantastic time last year - and the 1300 mile drive (each way..) was NO problem.. it was having to put up with Ken that was the hard part :laugh::tongue:

I'm very pleased to know that I can make attendance again this year, and enjoy some more tuntable action at this 'Mini-Cleethorpes' type weekender. I'll definately be making good use of that chewing gum white beach with the tranquil, pure torquoise coloured, sea just minutes walk from the campsite.

Looking forward to seeing all the friendly people we encountered on our last visit.. I think I'm successful in encouraging at least two more Brittany 'virgins' to accompany us on this trip - I'll certainly be promoting it by word of mouth to all and sundry on my regular weekend Soul Music jaunts. Hopefully I can entice a few more. :wicked:

I guess I'd better get those CD's done - that I promised people last year !! whistling I ALWAYS get there in the end. :good:

I believe our plans to make the journey via airports, this time, has now reverted back to a repeat of last year's road journey.. With the possibility that I will be a passenger - in Kenny's car !! :huh::ohmy::chinstroke:Mmm. I'd better make sure MY car get's fully serviced & ready for a long-haul journey.. Just in case :boxing:

Ooh.. I suddenly remembered - I need to renew my passport - or else I won't be going anywhere !!

Fingers shades

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 7SEVENS7

I guess I'd better get those CD's done - that I promised people last year !! whistling I ALWAYS get there in the end. :good:

Fingers shades

Looking forward to those CD's that were promised last year!!:laugh::laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Booked up for this one with my sister Lee-ann (Kelbot) on here and her boyfriend Phil. Cannot wait now. :thumbup:

Suz

x

You're welcome and we're impatient to see you ! thumbsup.gif

We hope that you'll like your travel in Brittany ... but there's two things i'm sure : you will receive a warm welcome and you'll dance on Top Soul Sounds ! :thumbup:

seaside,excellent beer , nice " crªpes " , a record fair , a touristic region,...

Those links are to give you a brief examples of the south of Brittany and Tregunc nearby :

Just a few minutes walk from the camp site : the " pointe de Trvignon " :

https://www.bretagnepanoramique.com/lieu.php?num=67

https://www.francevuessurmer.com/ville-323.php

and cities at less than 15 minutes by car :

https://www.itinerairesbis.com/choix_monde/europe/france/regions/finistere/photoconcarneau/porte.htm

https://www.pontaven.com/calendrier/web/262/ville.html

Those links are to give you a brief examples of the south of Brittany and Tregunc nearby :

Just a few minutes walk from the camp site : the " pointe de Trvignon " :

https://www.bretagnep...lieu.php?num=67

https://www.francevue...m/ville-323.php

and cities at less than 15 minutes by car :

https://www.itinerair...rneau/porte.htm

https://www.pontaven..../262/ville.html

That's excellent Loren. Thanks very much. :thumbup:

Suz

x

You're welcome and we're impatient to see you ! thumbsup.gif

We hope that you'll like your travel in Brittany ... but there's two things i'm sure : you will receive a warm welcome and you'll dance on Top Soul Sounds ! thumbup.gif

seaside,excellent beer , nice " crªpes " , a record fair , a touristic region,...

Cannot say fairer than that Loren. Top soul music in a beautiful setting with a friendly welcome. As a red wine drinker, preferring the old world wines such as the French wines I am looking forward to sampling the local wine delights also biggrin.gif

Suz

x

Cannot say fairer than that Loren. Top soul music in a beautiful setting with a friendly welcome. As a red wine drinker, preferring the old world wines such as the French wines I am looking forward to sampling the local wine delights also biggrin.gif

Suz

x

You'll only have to ask and your wishes will come true ! yes.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 7SEVENS7

After such a busy August, finally got round to booking this weekender! Looking forward to it now and to seeing everyone from last year and perhaps some new faces, Hope the weather is as good!!

Not long to go :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The countdown is now on for this lovely little weekender. (only 3 weeks)...thumbup.gif

Good clean chalets and a nice intimate but not too small venue.

A short walk to the sea or the village and a couple of miles to the nearest large town.

Last year we did a marathon drive and altho it was 1,300 mile round trip, we all agreed it was worth it.

Luckily, this year there's a ferry going from Portsmouth and then only a 160 mile drive down to Tregunc.

For those who haven't driven abroad before, I say, give it a go, the roads there are a lot less congested.

Edited by Rugby Soul Club

Anyone else getting the overnight ferry from Portsmouth to St Malo next Thursday (1st Oct)?

If so see you in the bar!

Looking forward to the weekender.

Lee-Ann xx

Okey doke, see you at the bar for some beer.gif , not too much though else we'll be wacko.gif

Yep definitely getting excited now about this weekender biggrin.gif .

Suz

x

Just one week to wait !!! yes.gif

We're pleased and impatient to welcome you on our land .

It seems that the weather will be nice , but the most important is the soul weekender itself .

and it promises to be an excellent weekend !

Sea , Sun , good local products, excellent home made beer , record fair , ....and STORMING SOUL RECORDS PLAYED BY A GREAT DJ's LINE UP !!!!!

There's just a few caravans that aren't booked . Come on !

Just one week to wait !!! yes.gif

We're pleased and impatient to welcome you on our land .

It seems that the weather will be nice , but the most important is the soul weekender itself .

and it promises to be an excellent weekend !

Sea , Sun , good local products, excellent home made beer , record fair , ....and STORMING SOUL RECORDS PLAYED BY A GREAT DJ's LINE UP !!!!!

There's just a few caravans that aren't booked . Come on !

One more day at work, and I'll probably give up at lunchtime and book the afternoon off thumbup.gif

For those who are travelling to Tregunc for the first time, here is a map...

A you can see, we are less than a mile to the seaside...thumbup.gif

OOps, the map wont up-load, will try later.

Anyway, for sat nav users...

If you can type in GPS points, they are:

N 47.80730°

W 3.83789°

If not, then the address is:

Kerdalidec,

29910 Trgunc,

Finistere,

Brittany,

France