Bar Life: Skegness

The Bar Life, Skegness, May 2009

It looks like the Square Peg won't be ready for use until next summer, but that's okay, we'll survive.

We'll survive because our temporary venue the Bar Life is unique in many ways.

It's sunken cock-pit of a dance floor, wooden floors in the rest of the venue as over-spill for dancers, the positive and polite attitude of the Management team and, most of all, the ethos inherited from the Peg.

The Bar Life/Square Peg team don't take their Northern Soul Nights too serious, don't get me wrong, it takes a lot of work to make them not 'Too' serious, but here one will not find 'Genre Ristrictions' or people bitching because the music is too old or too modern.

At the Bar Life the old Clich 'Across The Board' is personified in it's application, at the Bar Life the music (and the people who attend) truly are 'Across The Board'.

This event saw host dee-jays Hobbo, Mac and Coops (not a real name amongst them) top-and-tail the evening for the highly respected and very much appreciated guests Chris Rose from Boston, Stuart 'Skip' Skipworth and Andy 'Smudge' Smith (both from Peterborough).

From 8:30 in the evening until 3:00 in the morning, six-and-a-half hours of choice soul shared by choice people in a choice venue and all for £3:00, 'nuff said.

The next Bar Life is on June 20th with guests Sean Barrett, Steve 'Jay' Jackson and Andy Riley, a mid summers' soul festival and a half.

images on https://ournorthernsouls.org

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

just had to check the calender, yippee i,m back off holiday for the next one, thought i was missing it mellow.gif had a great night last night again, and coops i,ve just sent the other pics to a national daily wink.gif also nice to see the boston mafia behaving :D

Guest hobbo49

yep was nice to see the boston crew at the barlife,and the couple from coventry and the peeps from taunton,for me its was only an ok nite

Guest hobbo49

looking forwad to the next one with andy riley, who i have know for many years and steve jay lincolnshire's finest dj

only biz would take a camera into a gents lav :thumbup:

bet your not brave enough do the ladies next month :hypo:

monday evening, just about recovered the older i get the longer it takes !!

but was worth it, had an enjoyable night as usual, better be there early doors

for the next one, as her in doors is on the decks !

only biz would take a camera into a gents lav :lol:

bet your not brave enough do the ladies next month wink.gif

monday evening, just about recovered the older i get the longer it takes !!

but was worth it, had an enjoyable night as usual, better be there early doors

for the next one, as her in doors is on the decks !

you've done it now Mr. I'd best hide me camera from the Bizster or the ladies will have no rest!!!! :rolleyes:

Guest Midge

you've done it now Mr. I'd best hide me camera from the Bizster or the ladies will have no rest!!!! :lol:

Had to miss this one due to family stuff but already looking forward to next months, I've never heard Mr J play anything other than a great set, the residents all have some tasty delights in their collections as well, I'll start saving me 3 quid now :lol:

Guest hobbo49

Had to miss this one due to family stuff but already looking forward to next months, I've never heard Mr J play anything other than a great set, the residents all have some tasty delights in their collections as well, I'll start saving me 3 quid now :lol:

be nice to see you there midge, and have to agree i have never heard steve play a bad set either. i have known andy for over 12 years and he is also top jock. i will probably get there for about 10 o'clock

Source Advert