Falcons, Sonny Fishback ? Any Validated Info Appreciated

Can any body tell me the value of Falcons feat. Wilson Pickett "Billy The Kid" on a UK London please (not rel. in the US) ?

Also I need to know which is the rarer out of the two Sonny Fishback rel. on Outasite. I always had thought the Cameo-Parkway Publ. rel. was the rarer of the two but the guides seem to change from year to year (2003 one being rarer 2005 the other one :wacko: ) ?

TIA

Marc

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

There are 2 cuts of this i had the faster version which was passed around during the 80's (at the time it was the only known copy) then a few more were found with a slower cut with his voice more to the front not such a good version IMO. think the faster one is rarer. I cant remember any metion of Cp on either label and the differences between the 2 were very slight.

Social source share

There are 2 cuts of this i had the faster version which was passed around during the 80's (at the time it was the only known copy) then a few more were found with a slower cut with his voice more to the front not such a good version IMO. think the faster one is rarer. I cant remember any metion of Cp on either label and the differences between the 2 were very slight.

I prefer the slower take which I thought was the rarer of the two....although both rare enough. One is Kodel Publishing (think thats the slower one) and other is Cameo Pub.

Scan of the Cameo one from ebay.....

post-225-1243354386_thumb.jpg

Edited by chalky
Social source share

I prefer the slower take which I thought was the rarer of the two....although both rare enough. One is Kodel Publishing (think thats the slower one) and other is Cameo Pub.

Scan of the Cameo one from ebay.....

post-225-1243354386_thumb.jpg

No Chalky there were a few of the slower ones turn up in the early 90's

Social source share

must a few of each about Ted I would have thought.......don't see either for sale much.

Anyone got a scan of the Kodel Publishing one, maybe a decent scan of the Cameo one too.

Social source share

...One is Kodel Publishing (think thats the slower one) ...

The other way around Chalky, the so-called slower version is the Cameo-Parkway Publishing Company one. Kodell is the faster one which towards the end kinda "falls down" iof you know what I mean.

Marc

Social source share

Hi Ted, so you say the faster version (Kodell) is rarer then the slower one (Cameo-Parkway) ..?..just wanting to clarify as Chalky had them the other way round with Kodell being the slower version.

TIA

Marc

Social source share

must a few of each about Ted I would have thought.......don't see either for sale much.

Anyone got a scan of the Kodel Publishing one, maybe a decent scan of the Cameo one too.

Hi Chalky, got both versions at home but sadly no scanner..will try to get them for you scanned though during the week (...and before I have made up my mind which to keep...as times are hard one needs to

go LOL!)

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Hi Ted, so you say the faster version (Kodell) is rarer then the slower one (Cameo-Parkway) ..?..just wanting to clarify as Chalky had them the other way round with Kodell being the slower version.

TIA

Marc

cheers for clarifying that Marc....Scans would be appreciated (as you say in later post) if you can manage to get 'em done :(

Social source share

TIA

Marc

Hi Mark

when i had it i did a few tapes for people and i think Outasite (Carl and Gary) and i seem to remember when a few of the slower ones turned up people were really pissed cause it was different from the one they had heard on the tape when they got them. no idea what its worth i apid 300 and sold it for 400 years ago

Social source share

Hi Mark

when i had it i did a few tapes for people and i think Outasite (Carl and Gary) and i seem to remember when a few of the slower ones turned up people were really pissed cause it was different from the one they had heard on the tape when they got them. no idea what its worth i apid 300 and sold it for 400 years ago

Cheers Ted, yes Carl and Gary got even their business name (Out-A-Site) from this tune. So with your "confirmation" we can safeley say that the Kodell version is (slightly?) rarer, thanks everybody for clearing this up.

Marc

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!