Soul Revolution - Chelmsford

Guest sunny101

Guest sunny101

It's back !!!

9pm - 2am Friday 5th June 09 down at The Bassment, Wells Street, Chelmsford........

The Revolution continues the first Friday of every month, bringing together the full circle of rare soul and funk from the 60s and 70s, played off original vinyl only, for a no nonsense celebration of forgotten genius with resident DJs James Trouble and Japanese Jimmy Dynamite plus special guest rare soul and funk DJs from the cream of the northern soul and funk scenes.

Friday June 5th we are joined by guest DJ Ian Wright. Renowned for his Sister Funk compilations on BBE and Jazzman Records, Ian arguably has the best collection of funk 45s on the planet and is without doubt the number one funk DJ in the world. But what most people don't know is that he also has a pretty spectacular northern, crossover and modern soul collection as well.

Time to dust off your dance shoes...

Five quid to get in, please arrive early a sell out is expected.

Worth the travel to hear Ian Wright blast us with the best of funk ! :thumbsup:

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

Thanks for starting the thread, but just in case the dreaded F word might scare folk off, I'm not sure Ian will just be blasting out the best of funk.

Aggressive, dynamic soul sounds from across the whole soul spectrum. It should be a treat for soul connoisseurs and dancers alike.

Looks like we should have another packer, hope some of you can make it, all previous parties have been sell outs so I would advise arriving before 11 if you are attending...

The event is listed on Facebook, click here to check it out...

And you can join the Facebook Group by clicking here, if you want to stay up to date with the club and future guest DJs...

Edited by James Trouble

Guest wrighty

not sure Ian will be blasting out the best of funk.

er, i'd like to think it will be the best of funk :D alongside the best northern, modern and disco i can muster of course :thumbup:

Edited by wrighty
Guest James Trouble

er, i'd like to think it will be the best of funk :D alongside the best northern, modern and disco i can muster of course :thumbup:

Looking forward to it, Wrighty. Can you do us a bit of a playlist? Maybe with sound files so folk can hear the sort of things you'll be bringing along...

It's back !!!

9pm - 2am Friday 5th June 09 down at The Bassment, Wells Street, Chelmsford........

The Revolution continues the first Friday of every month, bringing together the full circle of rare soul and funk from the 60s and 70s, played off original vinyl only, for a no nonsense celebration of forgotten genius with resident DJs James Trouble and Japanese Jimmy Dynamite plus special guest rare soul and funk DJs from the cream of the northern soul and funk scenes.

Friday June 5th we are joined by guest DJ Ian Wright. Renowned for his Sister Funk compilations on BBE and Jazzman Records, Ian arguably has the best collection of funk 45s on the planet and is without doubt the number one funk DJ in the world. But what most people don't know is that he also has a pretty spectacular northern, crossover and modern soul collection as well.

I'm in!!

Worth the travel to hear Ian Wright blast us with the best of funk ! :thumbup:

It's back !!!

Worth the travel to hear Ian Wright blast us with the best of funk ! :thumbup:

I'm in!!

Guest James Trouble

I'm in!!

Alrighty, last month we had Jodie Marsh, this month we've got the world's number one golfer hitting the dance floor. Nice laugh.gif

Guest wrighty

Looking forward to it, Wrighty. Can you do us a bit of a playlist? Maybe with sound files so folk can hear the sort of things you'll be bringing along...

havent got any tunes here with me but will be plenty of good stuff like 'shake cheri' by hopkins bros, 'lost in the crowd' by billy byrd, barbara hall 'tell me', pat hodges 'ain't watcha got', bobby newton 'we got our thing together' and nobodys children 'shardarp', no out and out 'funk' there, just cool funky-edged soul (for people who stress about that sort of thing :rolleyes: )...

havent got any tunes here with me but will be plenty of good stuff like 'shake cheri' by hopkins bros, 'lost in the crowd' by billy byrd, barbara hall 'tell me', pat hodges 'ain't watcha got', bobby newton 'we got our thing together' and nobodys children 'shardarp', no out and out 'funk' there, just cool funky-edged soul (for people who stress about that sort of thing shhh.gif )...

Well I hope theres a lot more like Shardarp Ian . That Hopkins Bros , do you think it needs a pitch down ? :huh:

Guest wrighty

Well I hope theres a lot more like Shardarp Ian . That Hopkins Bros , do you think it needs a pitch down ? :lol:

definitely more where that came from :huh: yeah hopkins is a bit on the fast side but i'm sure they can handle it wicked.gif

Guest James Trouble

definitely more where that came from :lol: yeah hopkins is a bit on the fast side but i'm sure they can handle it :huh:

Simon doesn't dance much, but I'm not even sure his chinning action will keep up with the Hopkins. Maybe a bit tricky for him :lol:whistling.gif:lol:

Edited by James Trouble

havent got any tunes here with me but will be plenty of good stuff like 'shake cheri' by hopkins bros, 'lost in the crowd' by billy byrd, barbara hall 'tell me', pat hodges 'ain't watcha got', bobby newton 'we got our thing together' and nobodys children 'shardarp', no out and out 'funk' there, just cool funky-edged soul (for people who stress about that sort of thing shhh.gif )...

Have you got "Low Rider".....

Guest James Trouble

yeah Im going for Wrightys spot , its a pretty good gig actually

You mean you're not going for the glamor models we attract? Or Chinese Bobby dancing on the ceiling?

Hey Martin, if you want some RnB you'll have to get along for Callum from Pow Wow's spot. He's guesting for us in the not too distant future...

Guest James Trouble

He did a fine set at Move On in Coventry a few months back.

He's a talented DJ, no doubt about that thumbsup.gif

See you next Friday then, Martin?

Edited by James Trouble
Guest James Trouble

I had to duck and cover from the cops while sticking up Soul Revolution bill boards on roundabouts in Chelmsford yesterday.

What fun :thumbup:

Hope to see some of you on Friday, it should be another good one...

Guest James Trouble

A last shout out for tomorrow night, looks like we've got a lot of interest building, so please try and arrive early if you are attending, all previous events have been sell outs!

Wrighty has got some treats for us, hopefully some of you will make it along, it should be a musical treat...

JT