Soulin' About On The River Sunday 7th June 2009

Well 7 days to go and we will be Soulin' about on the River :lol:biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

3 hours of Northern Soul up the River Trent with Sam Evan's, Night Nurse,and Yocky on the Decks. We will be have Elnel as the man who steers the Boat(we might never be seen again :thumbup::thumbup::D:D:( ) Also having Dance the Plank, Back Drop overboard and many more acqua soul antic's :lol: . Back to East Kirkby for a buffet and the after party. All for £11.00. We have just had 2 tickets handed back due to unforseen circumstances. If anyone would like to go for the full day the tickets are £11.00 each on a first come first serve. Please contact Dave Night on 07814973455 TICKETS NOW SOLD

Really Sorry we are sold out for the whole day event but everyone is welcome for the East Kirkby Miners welfare. If this is successful we will have the bigger boat next year and open this cruise up.

After the cruise we will be back to East Kirby Miners Welfare for the after party. Those who are not able to go on the cruise will be able to go to E.K.S.C FROM 6PM TILL 10.00PM FOR JUST £2.00 ON THE DOOR .There will be a host of DJ's to entertain you and a good time by all.

Hope you all enjoy

Yocky and Jx

Edited by soulcrew
  • Replies 48
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

hi by the way i work 9 till 5 in a hospital so if you leave me a message i will contact you asap dam office hours but i am a round all day today (sunday ) god help us on the 7th what with all that as gone on we have to get elnel sailing the dam thing we could end up anywere lol :thumbup: he cant find his own front door let alone sail a boat

Guest BrandySistaShirl

hi by the way i work 9 till 5 in a hospital so if you leave me a message i will contact you asap dam office hours but i am a round all day today (sunday ) god help us on the 7th what with all that as gone on we have to get elnel sailing the dam thing we could end up anywere lol :thumbup: he cant find his own front door let alone sail a boat

Dunt worry ive got loads of life jackets :D I have every faith in Nel ive seen him steer Yocky home when hes ad a drink :(:lol::lol:

He also has a gold medal in white water rafting biggrin.gif so sit back relax n enjoy the voyage. :thumbup::D

See you all soon.x

Dunt worry ive got loads of life jackets :ohmy: I have every faith in Nel ive seen him steer Yocky home when hes ad a drink :lol::wicked::shades:

He also has a gold medal in white water rafting :D so sit back relax n enjoy the voyage. laugh.gif:lol:

See you all soon.x

:rolleyes: hey shirl you bringin that joyce women with you ? if you are put here in the galley will you dont want her gettin to excited now do we you know what she is like :lol:

Guest BrandySistaShirl

:rolleyes: hey shirl you bringin that joyce women with you ? if you are put here in the galley will you dont want her gettin to excited now do we you know what she is like :lol:

Will there be any drinks in the galley.

Caus i dunt think we shud leave her unatended :lol:

(SHE MITE DRINK ALL THE POP ) yes.gif

see ya later matey.x

Will there be any drinks in the galley.

Caus i dunt think we shud leave her unatended :wicked:

(SHE MITE DRINK ALL THE POP ) :lol:

see ya later matey.x

Shirl Joyce will be better with us as the bar is on our deck with the dance floor. Yocky keeps saying Elnel , bar , boat , Elnel , Bar , Boat something not quite right, but can't work it out. Can you help him? lol :shades::rolleyes::lol:laugh.gif:lol::ohmy:

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Shirl Joyce will be better with us as the bar is on our deck with the dance floor. Yocky keeps saying Elnel , bar , boat , Elnel , Bar , Boat something not quite right, but can't work it out. Can you help him? lol :(laugh.gif:D:D:no:laugh.gif

Just take your armbands and swim cap n hope for best. :D x

Guest BrandySistaShirl

oh no what have we done can she not go in another boat on her own we could alway tye a rope of the back and toe her along and throw things at her now that would be fun hey lol laugh.gif

That wont help luv.

Joyce and myself are both fully qualified water sking instructers. :D:(

And she sez if your throwing anything it best have brandy in it thumbup.gif:D:D:no: x.

Guest elnel

Can I just say wot a honour it is for me to ave bin chosen as the captain for our maiden voyage , I wont let you down I promise .I Will be wearing my full long John silver outfit and Ime hoping nit nurse will do me the honour of being my miss pegarty , just remember therle be no killin till I gives the word . ps going to hospital tommoz for a leg amputation and Jeans gonna poke my eye out tonight . Capn Nel round the cape of good hope . :lol: xxxxxx

Guest elnel

Eyup barney Ile bi capn long John silver thee bi cut throat Jake of captain pugwash an wi can kid nit nurse into looking int barrell an trying to find t golden rivet , an tha knows wot happens next dunt tha . :lol:

Eyup barney Ile bi capn long John silver thee bi cut throat Jake of captain pugwash an wi can kid nit nurse into looking int barrell an trying to find t golden rivet , an tha knows wot happens next dunt tha . :unsure:

oh yes

an wi cud do wi sum decent oars :ohmy:

Guest Soul On A Stick

Can I just say wot a honour it is for me to ave bin chosen as the captain for our maiden voyage , I wont let you down I promise .I Will be wearing my full long John silver outfit and Ime hoping nit nurse will do me the honour of being my miss pegarty , just remember therle be no killin till I gives the word . ps going to hospital tommoz for a le :ohmy: g amputation and Jeans gonna poke my eye out tonight . Capn Nel round the cape of good hope . :ohmy: xxxxxx

ROFLMAO biggrin.gif:D:D:ohmy: Nel this post has had me splitting my sides with laughter :unsure:

Have a great time everyone, it sounds like its gonna be a belter of a day.

regards

Paul

Ahoy, shipmates, Captain Bird's Eye here or is it the old sea dog from the beginning of Sponge Bob Square Pants, either way I will be there to keep an eye on the crew ready for any mutinous behaviour, :unsure: there's leg irons waiting below decks for anyone who dares to criticise Nel's navigation skills, and if you are bringing that parrot, Barney, you'd better be cleaning up after it.

Has anyone checked their seaweed to predict what the weather will be like, and checked tide tables, we don't want to be coming home via the Humber Estuary and Sheffield and South Yorkshire canal!!!!

Ahoy, shipmates, Captain Bird's Eye here or is it the old sea dog from the beginning of Sponge Bob Square Pants, either way I will be there to keep an eye on the crew ready for any mutinous behaviour, :unsure: there's leg irons waiting below decks for anyone who dares to criticise Nel's navigation skills, and if you are bringing that parrot, Barney, you'd better be cleaning up after it.

Has anyone checked their seaweed to predict what the weather will be like, and checked tide tables, we don't want to be coming home via the Humber Estuary and Sheffield and South Yorkshire canal!!!!

Hi John

Been in touch with Michael Fish and there's going to be s SUNAMI .Looks like we will be riding on the crest of a wave my friend :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:laugh.gif:D:D

Jx

Guest Mezhouse

Lady Josephine, the scourge of the high seas and part time aristocrat, will be making sure that you men swab the decks and hoist the mains'l an all that, otherwise there'll be no rum rations for you!!!

Aye aye cap'n!!!!

Jo xx

Guest Mezhouse

Lady Josephine, the scourge of the high seas and part time aristocrat, will be making sure that you men swab the decks and hoist the mains'l an all that, otherwise there'll be no rum rations for you!!!

Aye aye cap'n!!!!

Jo xx

post-8956-1243892862.jpg

a shall bi lissenin ter shippin foorcast

whilste polishin mi telescope and porin ovver towd tresure maps .wun niver no,s a mite find nitnurses wallet

avast there mi hearties ev slung mi ham hock un offter get sum shuteye ..as on dog wetch at 6 bells

ev put parrot art and changed sandpaper

post-10269-1243893469_thumb.jpg

Aye aye cap'n!!!!

Jo xx

Hi Jo

All these comments without drink !!! :D:D:lol: I darn't tell them that there is a bar on board ship :D:yes::):)huh.gif:unsure::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:shhh.gif:D

See you Sunday sweetie

Jx

Guest Mezhouse

Hi Jo

All these comments without drink !!! :D:D:lol: I darn't tell them that there is a bar on board ship :D:yes::):)huh.gif:unsure::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:shhh.gif:D

See you Sunday sweetie

Jx

Oh yes, Joy, I'll be there. Hey, can we fire cannons at the passing landlubbers?

xxx

last two tickets gone now so sorry

but this is gonna be belter of a day barney you got to be captain pug wash mate sorry the queen of the nile said so (joy) and im captain jack the scurge of the seven seas. but who knows where we gonna end up with nel steerin the bloody thing at least we wont sink though and if it does im ok i got my self a life raft and it only hold 6 so sorry to all you lot you will have to sort it out between you who will get to share it with me should we sink :rolleyes:

last two tickets gone now so sorry

but this is gonna be belter of a day barney you got to be captain pug wash mate sorry the queen of the nile said so (joy) and im captain jack the scurge of the seven seas. but who knows where we gonna end up with nel steerin the bloody thing at least we wont sink though and if it does im ok i got my self a life raft and it only hold 6 so sorry to all you lot you will have to sort it out between you who will get to share it with me should we sink :D

hi hi captin

can mickey 2 dinners be master bates and yocki ,seaman staines and nel ,roger the cabin boy :thumbup:

Guest The Driffter

hi hi captin

can mickey 2 dinners be master bates and yocki ,seaman staines and nel ,roger the cabin boy :thumbup:

Dont forget them sea sick pills Brian remember the fishing trip in Lanzarote [yukk] is Micky 2 dinners taking the doctor in case he is bad. Jeff
Guest Bernie p

HAHa mi heartees I be capin Jack n his lushus whench vera wi bin sailin the severn canals

over in carrot beanin in the outer pennines

we've come about n r headin for the wide open seas of the trent

so capin elnel n yer side kick capin pugwash be prepared to be boarded

by the two time's champions of the famous pirate raft race of lanzagroti

we take no prisoners not even girlie nitenurse types

n we drinks till we drop n we ravage all the womenfolk ( if our vera says I can )

we want to join thi crew fort find the worlds end which only capin Elnel as seen

when he's being drinkin that ther rum or wer it brandy

any way we'll si thi at 8 bells on sunday

capin Jack n our lass vera OOORRRAAAA :D:):ohmy:

Ha Ha mi artist it wont be the first time ive bin boarded :unsure:
Av always gone half board mi sen but get ready for sunday im not going to go overboard but i cant count on my security staff NEL but we mite have a head count just in case you cant trust them from south of gods country :ohmy: c u sunday yocky
Guest Mezhouse

:unsure: PS is the river Trent ok to swim in because the first of the notts crew to boo any of my tunes will find out :ohmy: Yockmiester

We'll keel haul them Yocky! (What does that mean btw? I've never understood it lol!)

Jo xx

We'll keel haul them Yocky! (What does that mean btw? I've never understood it lol!)

Jo xx

Keelhauling (Dutch kielhalen[1]; "to drag along the keel") was a severe form of corporal punishment meted out to sailors at sea. The sailor was tied to a rope that looped beneath the vessel, thrown overboard on one side of the ship, and dragged under the ship's keel to the other side. As the hull was often covered in barnacles and other marine growth, this could result in cuts and other injuries. This generally happened if the offender was pulled quickly. If pulled slowly, his weight might lower him sufficiently to miss the barnacles but might result in his drowning.

Keelhauling was legally permitted as a punishment in the Dutch Navy. The earliest official mention of keelhauling is a Dutch ordinance of 1560, and the practice was not formally abolished until 1853. While not an official punishment, it was reportedly used by some British Royal Navy and merchant marine captains, and has become strongly associated with pirate lore.

Today keelhauling can refer to the spinnaker sheets getting stuck under the hull after dowsing the sail. This occurs especially in dinghy sailboats such as Laser 2 because nothing prevents the sheet from being pulled under the bow.

:lol: PS is the river Trent ok to swim in because the first of the notts crew to boo any of my tunes will find out :D Yockmiester

will be in Notts on Sunday Yocky can i boo you from the riverbank while you play The Driftwood sorry The Drifter, for your mate Sid, See you in a few weeks at Brid. All the best to you and your good lady Joy see you soon, S.

will be in Notts on Sunday Yocky can i boo you from the riverbank while you play The Driftwood sorry The Drifter, for your mate Sid, See you in a few weeks at Brid. All the best to you and your good lady Joy see you soon, S.

Hey Yocky, don't forget your bucaneers. If you can't find em they will be on yer buck'n head lol. Have a great day all of yas. See yoou in 16 weeks. Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

Guest Mezhouse

Keelhauling (Dutch kielhalen[1]; "to drag along the keel") was a severe form of corporal punishment meted out to sailors at sea. The sailor was tied to a rope that looped beneath the vessel, thrown overboard on one side of the ship, and dragged under the ship's keel to the other side. As the hull was often covered in barnacles and other marine growth, this could result in cuts and other injuries. This generally happened if the offender was pulled quickly. If pulled slowly, his weight might lower him sufficiently to miss the barnacles but might result in his drowning.

Keelhauling was legally permitted as a punishment in the Dutch Navy. The earliest official mention of keelhauling is a Dutch ordinance of 1560, and the practice was not formally abolished until 1853. While not an official punishment, it was reportedly used by some British Royal Navy and merchant marine captains, and has become strongly associated with pirate lore.

Today keelhauling can refer to the spinnaker sheets getting stuck under the hull after dowsing the sail. This occurs especially in dinghy sailboats such as Laser 2 because nothing prevents the sheet from being pulled under the bow.

flippin' 'eck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reserved for Notts mutineers then yes? biggrin.gif:Dyes.gif:ohmy::)

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Hi All

Just put the final touches to our on board baggage. We went to the car boot this morning and bought a anchour (A bargin at £150) just incase anyone wanted to stop for a pee. :wicked:

See you all tomoz on the high sea's :D

Yocky and Jx

Hey up joy

Just got back from joyce n dereks.(IVE LEFT JOYCE PIERCEIN DEREKS EAR ) :thumbup:

Hope shes got her glasses on..caus owt cud happen. :shhh::no::P

See you tomorro.x

yep,another 2 hours to go,something new,i wonder if the floating boat will affect my spinning,lol, :thumbsup: just joking ,i was born with that,been even looking at the big cruise next year after this one,should be a great day out,i wonder what yoki,s got up his sleeve for this one ,see you in a while soulies,carl,east mids soul crew,ktf :lol:

Source Advert