Pat Thompson & Archie Powell-price?

I posted this as a wants item previously, and wondering if people can help here re price. Haven't seen it listed recently anywhere, JM listed as £40 (3rd Ed) to £100 (4rth Ed). Also quick trawl on SS suggests around £75 in 2006. Could we have a consensus here please for a current price? Don't think there's been a sudden hike in demand (unless I've missed something) that would inflate it much beyond these figures here but I may be wrong and wanted to check. Just want to pay the going rate.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I posted this as a wants item previously, and wondering if people can help here re price. Haven't seen it listed recently anywhere, JM listed as £40 (3rd Ed) to £100 (4rth Ed). Also quick trawl on SS suggests around £75 in 2006. Could we have a consensus here please for a current price? Don't think there's been a sudden hike in demand (unless I've missed something) that would inflate it much beyond these figures here but I may be wrong and wanted to check. Just want to pay the going rate.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

============

£75 is about right imo,,,had 2 copies over the years and paid about £40 a few years ago....gr8 tune and hope u find one...

darling darling i love you madly...

Social source share

============

£75 is about right imo,,,had 2 copies over the years and paid about £40 a few years ago....gr8 tune and hope u find one...

darling darling i love you madly...

Did you have issue or demo, related colours of label...if you know please, would be handy. I value the disc at at least double that 150...i have a copy at 125. Is that too much? i didn't think so :wicked: But what do i know :thumbup:

Social source share

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

Always liked this record,last copy to go through ebay was on 17/4/09 and fetched £21,but only vg copy, hope this helps.

post-7930-1243857586_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

I love this tune !! So under rated ! And getting harder to find IMO

Archie Powell was out of the Ascots wasn't he.

Great harmony's..... trumpets ............perfect Northern Soul!

Probably just needs a few spins again.

I reckon its gotta be worth over a 100 quid these days for a nice copy.

I believe the lighter label is much rarer.

Moss

Social source share

Guest Buey

Wooooh darlin darlin darlin... soooooo poppy!!! where was this played BTW?

I had it late eighties... but don't recall ever hearing it out - seems bizarre to think it was ever a dancer.

Social source share

I had it late eighties... but don't recall ever hearing it out - seems bizarre to think it was ever a dancer.

======

know it was defo late wigan spin,,,pat brady or richard searling...

Social source share

Here's the other label colour a kinda washed out pink.

Had this within my sales pages in April this year...gone now...let it go for less than £75 within a deal on a few discs.

:unsure:

i've never seen this pink one before, i think it must be rarer

Social source share

I have never heard it played out either ...........but if I did I would have a dance to it ! Its brilliant Northern IMO

One of those difficult forgotten tunes that could do with a few spins and go right up in demand.

The sort of 45 that you can say "bloody had one in the 80s for 10 quid............now look at the price" :unsure:

Its a great 45....... and no mistake !!!

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

I have a pink copy and have played it out, also heard it played out by others, always liked the tune, might give it an airing in Amlwch this Saturday.

Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

Guest DeeJay

I have a pink one Think im going to try and collect the whole label (or at least the northern choons) anyone got a track listing for it There's another Ascots one besides another day that i like and i have Patti Stokes (both sides of that are good ) Anything else.

I believe Gary Rushbrooke used to play this "in the day" (great DJ imop) loved loads of the stuff he played

DJ

Social source share

I have a pink one Think im going to try and collect the whole label (or at least the northern choons) anyone got a track listing for it There's another Ascots one besides another day that i like and i have Patti Stokes (both sides of that are good ) Anything else.

I believe Gary Rushbrooke used to play this "in the day" (great DJ imop) loved loads of the stuff he played

DJ

The Ascots Anytime Mir-a-don Fookin lurvely. (soundfile on Manships rarest of the rare)

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Archie Powell was out of the Ascots wasn't he.

He was also in the Presidents on Sussex, I think he might have been the lead singer, too.

I absolutely adore "Darling Darling" - bought a purple one off Dave Carne about 2 years ago for around £60.00 so i have to concure with Pete about the value (I usually do...)

Social source share

The Ascots Anytime Mir-a-don Fookin lurvely. (soundfile on Manships rarest of the rare)

The flip is also awesome 'Sometimes I Wonder' top tuneage brilliant double header, I also have 'Miss Heartbreaker' on Mir A Don without the artist ident which is quite hard to find I think.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

[/quote

Last heard this played out at the Trent bridge Inn Notts about three years ago

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Archie Powell went on to be a member of The Presidents who hit in 1970 with "5-10-15-20 (25-30 Years of Love)" on Sussex Records

Andy

Is there an echo in here today, Andy? (see post # 20, mate...) :thumbup:

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

"The flip is also awesome 'Sometimes I Wonder' top tuneage brilliant double header,"

Got this recently, both sides awesome, 'Sometimes' almost Shrine-esque production imho.

Wasn't amazed on this side first listen but Lupton told me to give it another go and by Jove, he was right.....maybe the better of the sides?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!