Worst Motown Record?

CAPT ZAP & THE MOTOWN CUT UPS - THE LOONEY LANDING- MOTOWN

If anyone has one id love a copy ive only ever seen one about 25 years ago!!

Its so bad its good

Torchboy x

Just Motown's take on the classic "cut in" record. Surely more deserving than a mention in this thread :ohmy:

Social source share

Just Motown's take on the classic "cut in" record. Surely more deserving than a mention in this thread :lol:

The thread WAS Worst Motown Record was it not !! :)

So that in my OPINION is it okeh !! :D

So tuff!! :lol::ohmy::lol:

Anyway just found a demo on EVILBAY!! so there!!

Torchboy!! :D

post-1851-1243980068_thumb.jpg

post-1851-1243980068_thumb.jpg

Edited by Torchboy
Social source share

Stylers "Pushing Up Daisies" on Gordy.... has to be the worst!!! one of those teen death tunes bout some bloke racing his car and topping himself... and er!... he ends up "Pushing Up Daisies" Could post a file ov it but I'd have to top mesel if i did! Only bought it to fill a missing Gordy number.. honest! :thumbup:

steve

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Rare Earth wern't that bad! white rock yes, but Gordy gave them their own label! they were also the Sunliners on Golden World .... "All Alone"

steve

Mike & Ray from Rare Earth, same as Mike & Ray - If Only You Knew on Giant, and Michael & Raymond - Man Without A Woman. :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

So Michael and Raymond were in Rare Earth

is this true?? Come on be honest..to goodness!! :thumbup:

:wicked: 'Tis true.

I went on the hunt once for a Mike & Ray - If Only You Knew, one website link led to another, and before long I knew all about Mike & Ray laugh.gif I keep that bit of trivia lodged in my head, hoping one day when I bump into this fella that 'BORES' me to death with soul trivia that I may just get my own back :lol:

Social source share

yes.gif 'Tis true.

I went on the hunt once for a Mike & Ray - If Only You Knew, one website link led to another, and before long I knew all about Mike & Ray :thumbup: I keep that bit of trivia lodged in my head, hoping one day when I bump into this fella that 'BORES' me to death with soul trivia that I may just get my own back :wicked:

they also were abstract reality on sport

Social source share

they also were abstract reality on sport

I have sadly not heard it , but this surely must be in contention ..........

Motown 1298

Dickey and The Poseidons " Where Were You When The Ship Went Down " / " Tidal Wave " ( July 1974 )

Malc Burton

Social source share

nothing springs to mind as there is too many but a lot of motown 60s lps with cover version fillers on em

most of em pants to my ears. when you think of all the unreleased original stuff and BG filled his albums with shite...........CRIMINAL. make debarge sound half decent

dave

sunday chill out,7th june,horse and groom pub, east laith gate doncaster with dave and bri pinch, joe lakin. mick wad, manky and howard + guests RUSS STEELE & DON KITCHEN

Social source share

Guest bobby's girl

Anything by the Commodores, Debarge, Jackson Five. Sorry if anyone likes them, but not my cup of tea.

Suz :lol:

x

I'm with you with Debarge, Suz. Just awful! And yep the Commodores would have to be heading that way. If only for Lionel's hair. Lovely guy, but what's with the do? :thumbup: Think they called it the 'wet look' way back when. huh.gif:wicked:

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Circa 1964 Pop/R & B crossover stuff was the order of the day.

So a Supremes album with covers of "British Invasion" groups (Beatles/Gerry & the Pacemakers/Animals/Dave Clark Five) probably seemed a good idea at the time.

The result was "A Bit of Liverpool" Tamla 623 ("With Love From Us To You" TML 11002 in the U.K.)

IN RETROSPECT - BIG MISTAKE!!

Below just one example - you will see what I mean.

Mind you those outfits they are wearing on the cover always make me smile. I think came from a set of photos taken when the Supremes came to the U.K for promotional appearances in 1964.

MB

Social source share

Ray Odis (i think) - Randy the newspaper boy on VIP :D

Started to try and collect all the VIP releases at one time and ended up with this - Oh the joys of label collecting.

Got an awful feeling it had something called 'Happy Ghoultide' on the other side. Must check when i get home.

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

R.Dean Taylor-Indiana Wants Me.......

....Complete and utter gabbage!!!

Worst.??? :thumbsup: i like indiana wants me. :lol: how about that fookin aint no mountain high thing........... :D

Social source share

Guest juve1973

Worst.??? :thumbsup: i like indiana wants me. :lol: how about that fookin aint no mountain high thing........... :D

its all down to personal taste, some u like some u dont.

Social source share

ernie fields,jr. ride a wild horse "a motown special disco-version single 12.....not good at all , got a few of these motown disco 12's not found a gud un yet !!

Carl Bean - I Was Born This Way - Motown 12"

Crap disco version of the Valentino 70s Gay anthem.

Load of gubbins but I got £25-£40 for a handfull of copies when I first started selling on eBay.

Social source share

To be honest your getting on my bloody nerves,with youre stupid posts ,sick to death of seeing "webby bloody dublin"

Bazza

I like Webbydublin posts, at least he has a go at keeping things going. :ohmy:

But I also wish he'd taken the time to read past threads because 90% of them have already been done. :shades:

mainly by me. whistling.gif

Social source share

Agree with most of above (except maybe Temptations?), in addition I'd nominate:

Yvonne Fair - It Should Have Been Me

Hit Pack - Never Say No To Your Baby

:shades:

John.

Heaven Must Have Sent You Bonnie Pointer.........I mean, Whats the point? ph34r.gif

Social source share

Never heard them (& I don't wish to) but the Albert Finney album & the single featuring "Granny" off The Beverly Hillbillies cannot be part of Motown's finest moments.

My personal hate is "Tune Up" - Junior Walker, I thought you were supposed to do that before you start recording. biggrin.gif

Social source share

Irene Ryan (Granny from The Beverly Hillbillies) appeared on the album for the Broadway show Pippin, released on Motown. From memory she died soon after.

What!!! Wasn't Albert Finney a serious actor,as for Granny,not too sure..Are you messing

here? :shades:

P.S. Tune Up is rubbish but 'What does it take' is brilliant!! thumbup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!