Paypal Charges

hi anybody noticed the changes to paypal lately,

i only noticed because the plus or minus has gone off ebay when i went to pay for a 45,

i went to my paypal account, then send money, i noticed a new personal tab,

when i clicked on this i found a personal payment, and if you click on continue theres an option to pay the fee or let the person at the other end pay,

i send $50 to a guy in the usa, if i pay the fee it was 50 cents which is less than the guy at the other end would get charged,

when i buy things on soul source from time to time people want me add on the paypal fee,

i think i could save a bit of money,

joe.

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi anybody noticed the changes to paypal lately,

i only noticed because the plus or minus has gone off ebay when i went to pay for a 45,

i went to my paypal account, then send money, i noticed a new personal tab,

when i clicked on this i found a personal payment, and if you click on continue theres an option to pay the fee or let the person at the other end pay,

i send $50 to a guy in the usa, if i pay the fee it was 50 cents which is less than the guy at the other end would get charged,

when i buy things on soul source from time to time people want me add on the paypal fee,

i think i could save a bit of money,

joe.

Known about this for ages Joe and can't understand why some people with sales insist on charging 4%, there was a thread about this a few weeks ago

Lenny

Social source share

If I pay for stuff on here via paypal, I now choose the gift tag (when I remember to), were no fees are paid by anyone.

No offence but that's gotta be rubbish.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, PayPal are not a charity, they want and get paid for the service they provide by one person or the other. Simple as!!! Or, should I say, "SIMPLES"!!!

Social source share

No offence but that's gotta be rubbish.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, PayPal are not a charity, they want and get paid for the service they provide by one person or the other. Simple as!!! Or, should I say, "SIMPLES"!!!

I paid MarkRes last week for some tunes. Used the gift functionality and to my knowledge neither of us got charged any fees.

Social source share

The gift thing doesn't always work, either that or they've changed it, I got charged 3 quid for sending 50 quid last week, they gave the option of me or the other guy paying for it

The "recipitent to pay fees" is the one you use Pete, no fees...at all

Lenny

Social source share

The "recipitent to pay fees" is the one you use Pete, no fees...at all

Lenny

Well I'll be blowed. :D:thumbsup: Will try that next opportunity I get.

Does this only work / apply with individuals? Can't use it I guess with small businesses? By that I mean members of our fraternity dealing with record sales full time / as a living.

Social source share

Well I'll be blowed. :D:thumbsup: Will try that next opportunity I get.

Does this only work / apply with individuals? Can't use it I guess with small businesses? By that I mean members of our fraternity dealing with record sales full time / as a living.

Don't think it works on a business account but defo private transactions, as Pete says there's no refund if there is a problem with the record so trust is essential

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert