Clifton Hall Part 2

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest sarahleen

Bloody hell forgot just how far ahead of the rest the Clifton Hall was and us with it! Quality 60s beside 70s and new stuff just how it should be not head up your A##E only northern ,only modern, only house.

coudnt agree more .

Social source share

Guest Brett F

i would have been still 17 at this time, this was the club that turned me onto rare soul music, i didn't know anything about the 60,s/ newies divide (it didn't appear to have one at Clifton Hall), all i knew is that i'd dance just to about anything played, i used to travel with two local lads both about 16/17 too, we then got the hunger for looking at and later collecting records (and yes back then as naive, young clueless fella's we picked up a few bootlegs, only to find out later :thumbsup: ). It was just the start of the learning curve for me and i'm still learning now. Fantastic flashback, thanks for posting, i can see myself head down dancing to John/Weirdest or as i then knew it Spyder Turner.

Brett F

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

CENTURYP I REMEMBER STANDING AT THE BACK WITH MR ANDERSON ON THIS NIGHT WHEN HE TAPED IT, HOW YOU DOING PETER.

I actually remember the Otis Clay sticking three or four times...great memories.

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

i would have been still 17 at this time, this was the club that turned me onto rare soul music, i didn't know anything about the 60,s/ newies divide (it didn't appear to have one at Clifton Hall), all i knew is that i'd dance just to about anything played, i used to travel with two local lads both about 16/17 too, we then got the hunger for looking at and later collecting records (and yes back then as naive, young clueless fella's we picked up a few bootlegs, only to find out later :unsure: ). It was just the start of the learning curve for me and i'm still learning now. Fantastic flashback, thanks for posting, i can see myself head down dancing to John/Weirdest or as i then knew it Spyder Turner.

Brett F

How you keeping Brett,

nice to read the above posting of your account of one's early days - eh and your still feeding that hunger today. Clifton Hall was a good nighter for any young soul devotee's to cut one's teeth on :unsure: . Like you say a fantastic flashback and great to hear a working, intergrated dancefloor, appreciating both types of sound. Clifton ran 12 "big full" hours 8pm to 8am - if one's memory is correct. Much appreciated....... :thumbsup: .

Cheers

Nick.

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!