Modern Soul Classics - Brough E Yorks

Just a quick thanks to Steve, Loubie and everyone at Brough for an absolutely brilliant night on Sat.

It's funny really, I suggested that we should do something like this in the 2nd room at Bury a few years ago and was

told that it'd never work.. well, it clearly does in Brough because the place was full!.

I'm very jealous and wish we could pick the place, the people and the music up and relocate you to Manchester.

It wasn't the easiest place to find but I get lost everytime I venture any further than the Longfield suite!.

Nice room, big floor, plenty of seating, good and cheap bar, could do with a bigger sound system but the music was just perfect too from

Steve, Neil, Sean and Sam. It was great to see Marie, Julie, Loubie, Spot, Pete & Karen and finally have a chat with Chris Box too.

We'll be back! :rolleyes:

Jayne.x

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Blimey that was a decent knees-up then...... What day is it again?....... :rolleyes:

We were really happy with the excellent turn-out and thank you so much to everyone who came along, far too many to mention individually!

Thanks to all the DJ's, Louby and Captain Kearney opened us up with a fine mix of old favourites and a few newer and lesser-known gems, Neil Rushton got the party properly started like the pro he is, Sean Hampsey caught the vibe straight away and hit the ground running with a top selection of true 'Modern Soul Classics' and Soul Sam was simply "Soul Sam - The legend"!....

We had a few issues with the sound, and for this we apologise. Good sound should be a given, and we were let down a bit this time. Chris, who we use, is usually spot on and we can assure you that it won't happen again.

Once again, thanks to all of those who came along and added to the MSC party!

We've got some piccies! I'll get them posted up later on for blackmail purposes.......

Next up at MSC!.... - "Modern Soul Classics - The All-Dayer - Sunday 30th August"....... :rolleyes:

Edited by steve woomble

Blimey that was a decent knees-up then...... What day is it again?....... :thumbsup:

We were really happy with the excellent turn-out and thank you so much to everyone who came along, far too many to mention individually!

Thanks to all the DJ's, Louby and Captain Kearney opened us up with a fine mix of old favourites and a few newer and lesser-known gems, Neil Rushton got the party properly started like the pro he is, Sean Hampsey caught the vibe straight away and hit the ground running with a top selection of true 'Modern Soul Classics' and Soul Sam was simply "Soul Sam - The legend"!....

We had a few issues with the sound, and for this we apologise. Good sound should be a given, and we were let down a bit this time. Chris, who we use, is usually spot on and we can assure you that it won't happen again.

Once again, thanks to all of those who came along and added to the MSC party!

We've got some piccies! I'll get them posted up later on for blackmail purposes.......

Next up at MSC!.... - "Modern Soul Classics - The All-Dayer - Sunday 30th August"....... :rolleyes:

Perfect! - I'll still be celebrating my birthday that weekend. :rolleyes:

Jayne.x

Perfect! - I'll still be celebrating my birthday that weekend. thumbup.gif

Jayne.x

Oh my word - this could get messy then..... When's your b/day Jayne?....

My birthday - on that day (30th Aug)

Shaun Kearney - birthday next day (31st Aug)

Chris Box birthday - on that day (30th August)

Karen Burke birthday - in the week before....

All we need is to get our other fellow 30th August'er Andy Rix along and hey presto we've got a rerun of Cleethorpes Winter Gardens 2002! Ouch! :rolleyes:

I predict a riot...

Guest stash313

Oh my word - this could get messy then..... When's your b/day Jayne?....

My birthday - on that day (30th Aug)

Shaun Kearney - birthday next day (31st Aug)

Chris Box birthday - on that day (30th August)

Karen Burke birthday - in the week before....

All we need is to get our other fellow 30th August'er Andy Rix along and hey presto we've got a rerun of Cleethorpes Winter Gardens 2002! Ouch! :thumbsup:

I predict a riot...

Well mines the 5th of July so I'm sure we could stretch it out. :unsure:

Jayne's is the weekend before Steve, the 22nd so another good excuse for a knee's up.

Seriously enjoyed saturday night so glad that we made the trip over. Top top music and a friendly crowd, certainly looking forward to getting back over in August.

Fabulous night again at Brough :thumbsup: well done :thumbup:Love the music and although it was not as busy as it was on its opening night there were plenty of bodies in and the music is EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT - If you want something different this is the place to be - Great Atmosphere - Cheap drinks - well worth a visit ...or 2 - Looking forward to the next one - T H A N K Y O U to all :D

x

Fabulous night again at Brough :thumbsup: well done :thumbup:Love the music and although it was not as busy as it was on its opening night there were plenty of bodies in and the music is EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT - If you want something different this is the place to be - Great Atmosphere - Cheap drinks - well worth a visit ...or 2 - Looking forward to the next one - T H A N K Y O U to all :D

x

Cheers Miss W! Thanks for the lovely comments! :ohmy:

Guest ktf27

Top night as was the last one, mind you after Louby,s spot your job might be under threat Steve. We had a great night they all say they will be there for the 30th Ive just got to get someone to do my Sunday shift definite 5 star night as far as the Harrogate crowds are concerned

Shaun

Not fully recovered from the blinding night on Saturday in Sunny Brough.

Modern soul classics, all the way, just as it says on the tin.

Managed to blow the dust off a few old Clifton Hall classics and drop in a few personal faves from the 70's for a very appreciative and 'up for it' crowd.

Loved it Steve and all!

We'll be back.

And thank you for having me.

:D

Sean

Top night as was the last one, mind you after Louby,s spot your job might be under threat Steve. We had a great night they all say they will be there for the 30th Ive just got to get someone to do my Sunday shift definite 5 star night as far as the Harrogate crowds are concerned

Shaun

Cheers Shaun great to see you all again, thanks for making the trek over :D Aye our louby did great and pulled a few surprises out of the bag. She knows her onions m8!! yes.gif

We've already got a buzz for 30th Aug - details to be fully confirmed this week (if I can get rid of this 3 day hangover!! sad.gif )

Not fully recovered from the blinding night on Saturday in Sunny Brough.

Modern soul classics, all the way, just as it says on the tin.

Managed to blow the dust off a few old Clifton Hall classics and drop in a few personal faves from the 70's for a very appreciative and 'up for it' crowd.

Loved it Steve and all!

We'll be back.

And thank you for having me.

:D

Sean

Cheers Sean you were outstanding m8! thumbsup.gif A reet proper knees-up, I reckon there were more than a couple of sore heads on Sunday! laugh.gif

Great to see you, thanks for coming up and see you soon! We'll be having you back, no worries!! :thumbup:

What did 10cc say? Oh yeah I remember, "The thing's we do for love", like walking in the rain & the snow when there's nowhere to go & you feel like a part of you is dying, well Gail was dying to go to "Modernism" of Brough, so the thing I did was agree to join Her, Kenny, Kev & Pauline & Yorkshire's finest Modern Soulie type people, well I thought if it gets to 2 step & Garage & tracks run for longer than 5 minutes then I'll just get hammered, cos Kenny's driving. thumbsup.gif

Well the only thing I wasn't happy with on this night was the entrance to the venue which was hidden between 2 hedges & that was it, everything else was excellent, plenty of parking, nice big room & dance floor, someone said bar prices were cheap, well if they were I was either robbed or we're just greedy buggar's, which do you think it is??? :g:

As we arrived I saw Steve taking Sam back to his, what for I don't know & he never said, so let your mind run wild. :ohmy: Inside Louby was running the show & making a damn good fist of it (Although there was a problem with the Bass cutting in & out, which was eventually fixed) she seem to be the "Designated Adult" as the lads imbibed vast quantities of fluid & she remained serene & calm at all times, well done Louby. :lol: Captain "Chaos" Kearney, Willie Rushton's son Neil,Mr Woomble, Louby & Mr "Hammie" Hampsey gave us what it said on the can, "Modern Classics", Sam tried a little adventurous stuff but soon realized he'd have to revert a little, not to worry Martin it'll come. :D Anyway the floor was kept polished for 95% of the night & even one of the local piss heads (only 3 in) managed to fall of the bar & his stool in time to the music with his mate catching him on the beat & about 6" off the deck, you couldn't bloody write it, tickled me anyway. :D

So a nice & entertaining evening spent in the company of the Hull Soul Quartet, Ali/Chrissie/Twinnie & Bev, Pete & Karen, Graham, Kirk &Shaun, Payo & his better half, Sean & Jayne,Marie & Julie plus others who I've no doubt once again forgotten. :lol:

So thank you to the Brough Bandit's for a great evening & no doubt we'll be back for seconds. :D

Take care, be safe & remember, "If a man does his best, what else is there?",

Spot. :shades:

Just a quick thanks to Steve, Loubie and everyone at Brough for an absolutely brilliant night on Sat.

It's funny really, I suggested that we should do something like this in the 2nd room at Bury a few years ago and was

told that it'd never work.. well, it clearly does in Brough because the place was full!.

I'm very jealous and wish we could pick the place, the people and the music up and relocate you to Manchester.

It wasn't the easiest place to find but I get lost everytime I venture any further than the Longfield suite!.

Nice room, big floor, plenty of seating, good and cheap bar, could do with a bigger sound system but the music was just perfect too from

Steve, Neil, Sean and Sam. It was great to see Marie, Julie, Loubie, Spot, Pete & Karen and finally have a chat with Chris Box too.

We'll be back! thumbup.gif

Jayne.x

Hiya Jayne, great to have a chat with you and Sean. The next one is going to be a party with all the birthdays on and around the 30th August including yours!! :ohmy:

Chris.

Yeah was very enjoyable nite

and bonus pizza and dips were good too thxs louby and steve(not that you would remeber steve )

LoL

amazing fun

Yeah was very enjoyable nite

and bonus pizza and dips were good too thxs louby and steve(not that you would remeber steve )

LoL

amazing fun

Agreed mate! and yes, great pizza, pitta bread and garlic dip at the end of the night :rolleyes:

Chris.