Shake Your Hips ! Hitchin 24th July 8-2

Guest shakeyahips

Guest shakeyahips

ShakeYourHipsJuly.jpg

Shake your Hips returns to Hitchin with another great line up of DJ's playting top quality Soul, R+B, Latin and Boogaloo. It takes place in Remix, a fantastic venue with a great wooden dancefloor , superb sound system, reasonably priced drinks and ice cold aircon.

Tickets are only £4.00 in advance from Remix www.remixhitchin.com or a modest £5.00 on the night.

This was a packer last time and promises to be another corker this time, looking forward to seeing you there.

Cheers,

Julian.

www.myspace.com/shakeyahips

• Replies 7
  • Views 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest shakeyahips

This was a packer last time and promises to be another corker this time, looking forward to seeing you there.

Cheers,

Julian.

www.myspace.com/shakeyahips

Julian,it was only a packer because we("Groovesville") put it on ,we hired and paid the venue and paid YOUR DJs from our own pockets...what did you put in ? NOTHING,

we promoted this event only to be shafted by the owners whom are friends of yours,we put effort hard work and money into it for you to get us blown out by Jason your mate,so you could take over,

At the time we had booked Steve Calloway to appear for us and was told sorry the venue is booked foe a Drum/Bass night,so we could not have it,so us paying a fortune out for the live act we had no option but to move venues.Only now we find that you are putting on your night,same old venue with NO Drum/Bass night something stinks here and it aint us is it.

But we are NOT bitter here we wish you luck with it,you'll need it mate,what with your two faced mate,but on this note DONT expect any free promotions from us at Groovesville Soul Club.

As for the reasonable drink prices its been stated thats a real joke,they are the most dearest drink prices in the area.

On another note i dont suppose you will repay to us the fees that we paid YOUR DJs ,what goes around comes around dont it

Toby (Groovesville Soul Club).

Hello Toby,

You boys are a little deluded methinks, firstly I was asked by Jay to come in and do the second room, you had done one night before only so hardly a packer beacause of groovesville.

Also on the night I had a quick look around and saw rather a large number of local people and loads of people that I had invited, so it was not a packer because of groovesville it would have been a disaster if shake your hips had not been on to supplement your crowd.

I seem to remember on the night that you were very happy with the R+B room, yes you are correct I am friends with the owners but that does not mean I go out of my way to bad mouth and try and screw other promoters, far from it I was quite happy with it as it was and was very dismayed when you pulled out.

I have decided to carry on in there on my own because I think shake your hips is a good night and we were doing that night way before this almalgamation ever came about.

The money issue was not an issue I spoke to Andy before the night started and we agreed 50%/50% split, which I did not get I might add.

All of the proceeds I did get I gave to my dj's and I personally made not a penny that night !!!

When you decided to go elswhere I said to Andy that I was going to carry on in there as I also promote in there and I have done the 24th of July as this was the date that remix wanted you guys to move to, so I am doing what I am told.

I am just a promoter I have no beef with you or Andy but do not expect to be treated like and bad mouthed when I have done nothing wrong.

I am not repaying anything to you, the night was suppossed to be a 50% split which I did not get on the night but made no complaints about it, what did you think ? that I was working for you that night ??

• 1 month later...

Only a week to go now, have had excellent feedback and a lot of peeps coming to this, see you there :yes:

Looking forward to it Jules,reckon its going to be a great night!

I've got a car load of peeps(Matt,Georgie,Blonde Scott and his Girlfriend Becky).

Source Advert