I Can't Opt Out Of The New 'improved' Ebay Search Anymore

• Replies 7
  • Views 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Wanted do do an worldwide search on eBay, but noticed I can't opt out of the beta anymore. It's now impossible to view a listing with records from around the globe - great!

Anyone know a way out of this?

dave,im trying to do the same!!!,e-bay just cant leave it alone they just have to keep tinkering!!!!! :thumbup:aggressive.gif

Social source share

Question is why do they do this as it's obviously counter-productive for them too. I for one really don't like the new eBay and don't feel like spending any time on there and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one!

your not the only one, 12 months ago ebay sent me survey on how to improve the search experience and asked me to try the beta service out, i hated it and told them so.... it might be worth ringing customer services to see if you can opt out of it :boxing:

Social source share

Anyone know a way out of this?

Click on Advanced Search

Enter what you want to search for

Scroll down the page until you get to Location

Click Only show items:

Then change the From preferred locations: to Worldwide

Click Search at the bottom of the page.

Make a bookmark of the results page that comes up after a while and re-use it the next time you want to do a worldwide search.

Social source share

Click on Advanced Search

Enter what you want to search for

Scroll down the page until you get to Location

Click Only show items:

Then change the From preferred locations: to Worldwide

Click Search at the bottom of the page.

Make a bookmark of the results page that comes up after a while and re-use it the next time you want to do a worldwide search.

aaaaaaah so thats how you do it :boxing:

Social source share

...or a much more simple way to do it:

Do a normal search.

When the results pop up, scroll down and click Worldwide under the Location header in the left column.

Searches seem to work Ok, although it's hit and miss if it finds everything that's there in your criteria. (old version was much more consistent, but by no means perfect)

Problem is general listings - say for instance 7 inch r&b, : Previously I could list through all records in this catagory, listed in any country, any currency, sorted by finishing soonest - Yes, it was tons of stuff, but I was only interested in looking at stuff finishing now, so I could do a "day" in about 20/30 pages.

Can't find any way to do that anymore, so I have seperate bookmarks now for , again say 7"/r&b, but for .com / .co.uk / and various european sites - 'tis a pain

Mick Holdsworth

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert