Sussex Soul Club - Mini-alldayer

Following on from the success of our previous events, we are proud to present our first, mini-alldayer and this one just happens to fall on July 4th! So, seeing as we play predominently US import Soul 45's, we thought it would be appropriate to celebrate the day in true, U S of A style; weather permitting [only in England] there will be a barbeque and fireworks display [may not be the most lavish, but it's the thought that counts!] :huh:

Our guest DJs for the day [8.5hrs worth] will be: Paddy R from Tunbridge Wells, Ian Rowland from Hastings, Linda Seddon of Bexhill, Damian Le Bas of Worthing plus residents, Newman of Derby & Steve McMahon from all over!

There is a big field which adjoins the Hall so it anyone wants to bring Baseball/Softball/American football equipment to play with, you're more than welcome! Kick off is 4pm & entrance all day long is a mere £7 OTD :thumbsup:

for more info, visit our website [see link below in sig]..

Steve.

• Replies 32
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just over a couple of weeks to go for this one and already the buzz is getting louder. This one promises be a nice opportunity to hear some quality tunes from a refreshing collective of the South Coast's finest. If you're in the area, make a point of dropping by to check out these guys & even if you're from far aways, you'll be guaranteed a warm welcome & some superb sounds, all set in an idyllic, country backdrop [pardon the Soul pun but couldn't resist]:lol:

Steve.

With all this glorious weather goin' on darn sarf, this promises to be the place to chill out, kick back and enjoy 8.5hrs of soulful heaven, deep in the heart of the beautiful, South Downs! If you've not been before, you're in for a reet treat. True, grass roots Soul @its best - loud & clear :lol:

Stop Press: a new Sunday afternoon/evening do with yours truly & guest DJs @a popular pub in Brighton is in the works ..plus there'll be some delicious Soul food being served to compliment the sounds :P

Will keep y'all posted.

Following on from the success of our previous events, we are proud to present our first, mini-alldayer and this one just happens to fall on July 4th! So, seeing as we play predominently US import Soul 45's, we thought it would be appropriate to celebrate the day in true, U S of A style; weather permitting [only in England] there will be a barbeque and fireworks display [may not be the most lavish, but it's the thought that counts!] whistling

Our guest DJs for the day [8.5hrs worth] will be: Paddy R from Tunbridge Wells, Ian Rowland from Hastings, Linda Seddon of Bexhill, Damian Le Bas of Worthing plus residents, Newman of Derby & Steve McMahon from all over!

There is a big field which adjoins the Hall so it anyone wants to bring Baseball/Softball/American football equipment to play with, you're more than welcome! Kick off is 4pm & entrance all day long is a mere £7 OTD :thumbup:

for more info, visit our website [see link below in sig]..

Steve.

Memo to self:

Take a knotted hanky.

Your too unfit to do sports.

Don't make a pig of youself.

You'll enjoy the sounds.

Yep, me and Pam will be there. Are all the residents of Worthing playing?

Edited by KevinKent

Hi Kev,

look forward to seeing you both & a chance for you to kick back & finally relax! As this just happens to fall on a rather special day, we thought we'd invite some of our friends from right across Sussex to give us a hand in doing it justice. I think my teenage son, Alfie is going to bring his baseball gear up [seeing as he may well end up being our honorary American for the day]. How's about being a fourth base umpire? :thumbsup:

Steve.

Guest newman

Memo to self:

Take a knotted hanky.

You'll enjoy the sounds.

Edited by newman

Lokkiing forward to Patching on Saturday and djing again....... thumbup.gif

Also Karen her fiancee and Natalie will be there too so it wil be a good day.

Linda

That'll be nice, Linda - we'll put up the gazeebo just in case the little'un needs some shade innocent.gif

Looking forward to seeing Karen & James & meeting the fiancee.. will be a grand day! thumbup.gif

Steve.

Lokkiing forward to Patching on Saturday and djing again....... :thumbup:

Also Karen her fiancee and Natalie will be there too so it wil be a good day.

Linda

Thanks for the offer of a lift home Linda it's much appreciated - it means I can stay until the end. Liz is coming for what is only her 3rd Soul event in the 15 years we've been together - but she's only staying for a few hours ( Cinderella Syndrome) and my son Joe might come too. Really looking forward to it.

Cheers Manus

Memo to self:

Take a knotted hanky.

You'll enjoy the sounds.

It'll be good to see you at Patching Kev - lots of funky sounds getting played there :rolleyes: Great to hear your all dayer up at Chatham was a success - I would have loved to have made it but I was at wedding celebration which I didn't want to miss and had been in the diary for a year. Well done for getting it all together.

Cheers Manus

Guest newman

Thanks for the offer of a lift home Linda it's much appreciated - it means I can stay until the end. Liz is coming for what is only her 3rd Soul event in the 15 years we've been together - but she's only staying for a few hours ( Cinderella Syndrome) and my son Joe might come too. Really looking forward to it.

Cheers Manus

It'll be great to see you and meet your family Manus - may be this will be the one that gets Liz hooked thumbup.gif

Guest newman

Less than 5 days to go to our July 4th mini-alldayer special: thumbup.gif

4pm start

Bbq till 6:30ish

Fireworks after dark

Quality across the board soul throughout

All day admission £7 OTD. Kids (no charge) welcome till 7pm.

7:30pm normal service resumed - admission £5 OTD for those who can't make the afternoon. thumbsup.gif

Cheers Manus

Be great to meet your family too, Manus.

Damian's been practising his Moonwalk tribute to MJ.. :laugh: and the Fireworks should be a nice touch seeing as it's INDEPENDENCE DAY after all :wink:

Can't wait..

Steve.

Be great to meet your family too, Manus.

Damian's been practising his Moonwalk tribute to MJ.. laugh.gif and the Fireworks should be a nice touch seeing as it's INDEPENDENCE DAY after all wink.gif

Can't wait..

Steve.

Looking forward to another top night Steve :thumbup::lol:

Cheers Manus

Guest BintofSoul

Hiya Steve

BintofSoul sister's are really looking forward to Saturday. I shall be bringing a few SSC newies with me, I'm sure they will love it! We can't get to you till later so save me a burger please:thumbup: !

Hiya Steve

BintofSoul sister's are really looking forward to Saturday. I shall be bringing a few SSC newies with me, I'm sure they will love it! We can't get to you till later so save me a burger please:thumbup: !

Hi Nicki,

Sounds great thumbsup.gif

Will do re the burger- the grill's due to be turned off @approx 6:30 though, so don't be too late after or it'll end up more like a rock cake whistling

:thumbup: Steve :thumbup:

Hiya Steve

BintofSoul sister's are really looking forward to Saturday. I shall be bringing a few SSC newies with me, I'm sure they will love it! We can't get to you till later so save me a burger pleasethumbup.gif !

Hello Nicki

Not only will I be on my second bottle of wine by the time you arrive but I will also have scoffed 17 burgers 2 pies and a rhubarb crumbletongue.gif

See you Saturday

Manus

Edited by manus
Guest newman

Hello Nicki

Not only will I be on my second bottle of wine by the time you arrive but I will also have scoffed 17 burgers 2 pies and a rhubarb crumble:tongue:

See you Saturday

Manus

Sounds like anything not moving Manus is in danger of getting scoffed! :wacko: I'd better watch my records :unsure:

Sounds like anything not moving Manus is in danger of getting scoffed! :wacko: I'd better watch my records :unsure:

Your records are safe Graham as long as you don't have anything on the PYE label whistling

Looking forward to Saturday.

Cheers Manus

Guest newman

Your records are safe Graham as long as you don't have anything on the PYE label whistling.gif

Looking forward to Saturday.

Cheers Manus

Yep looking like its gonna be a good un Manus beer.gif and busy too thumbup.gif

Guest newman

beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifSure is, Kev! Be interesting to see just how much folk bring ..it being a mini-alldayer n'all beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif

Steve.

They're unloading mine now biggrin.gif

post-7341-12466190448257_thumb.jpg

post-7341-12466190448257_thumb.jpg

Guest BintofSoul

Hello Nicki

Not only will I be on my second bottle of wine by the time you arrive but I will also have scoffed 17 burgers 2 pies and a rhubarb crumble:tongue:

See you Saturday

Manus

Manus my friend, you will also prob have had an heart attack with all that over indulgence:tongue: ! Just miss out the crumble and you'll be fine though:D . Good job Sis is a nurse, she'll take care of you:thumbup: ! Look forward to seeing you, and hopefully your family, on Saturday.

Love Nicki XXX

Manus my friend, you will also prob have had an heart attack with all that over indulgencetongue.gif ! Just miss out the crumble and you'll be fine thoughbiggrin.gif . Good job Sis is a nurse, she'll take care of youthumbup.gif ! Look forward to seeing you, and hopefully your family, on Saturday.

Love Nicki XXX

You're right Nicki the rhubarb crumble might just be the dish that sets me on the way to Emergency Ward 10. Apple Strudel on the other hand is said to have many life enhancing properties. Bring on zee Strudel

See you tomorrow

Manus

Source Advert