• Replies 57
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

Workin On Your Case

For some reason brings back memories of the 80s, wonder if it was getting plays around that time :lol:

Social source share

Workin On Your Case

For some reason brings back memories of the 80s, wonder if it was getting plays around that time :lol:

What a tune :thumbsup:

Social source share

I Dig Your Act

or

I'll Never Forget You

or

Working On Your Case

Poindexter Brothers fine fine fine (gotta soft spot for Darling Darling Baby as well) :thumbsup:

Social source share

Is this the same as The Whatnauts single...If so,great answer! :thumbsup:

just been trawling through some boxes with no joy, :lol: can anyone post a sound file ,

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

At the moment "No time for you" on Imperial. Brilliant!

same as the the b- side of the tune on dynamics.....great

Social source share

At the moment "Whip It On Me" as its fresh to me but I know I'll go back to my big fav "I Dig Your Act' by the end of the month.

Social source share

Agree with many of the above "I Dig Your Act", Class pure class,

Also don't think released as a single was a version of the Williams & Watson classic "Two For The Price Of One"

On a cheapo album "Four For The Price Of One"

Grant

Grant - came out in 73, think Bell issued it to cash in on the Phil Int success -

Bell 378 - Look Over Your Shoulder / Four For The Price Of One

Not played it lately but does it not have fake crowd noise?

'I Dig Your Act' my favourite 45 with 'Ship Ahoy' one of my all time favourite soul albums

Mike

Social source share

Grant - came out in 73, think Bell issued it to cash in on the Phil Int success -

'I Dig Your Act' my favourite 45 with 'Ship Ahoy' one of my all time favourite soul albums

Mike

Shit the the bed Philly Soul how can u choose

SO MANY NICE SOUL CHOONS

C,mon there all good

mmmmm I dig your act

real quality back in

the day

its all about emotion

Social source share

Guest Mrs M

HOLD ON (QUALITY! FOR ME THEIR BEST) DEEPER IN LOVE (GREAT OLDIE) I LOVE MUSIC (BEST 70S ) yes.gif

Great taste!!! Hold On and I Love Music are mine too... I Dig Your Act coming a close third!!!

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

No time for you & Hold on

and if you are djn and need a wee wee you could always play, I love music, Mr Mischief gave me that advice as it gives you just over 6 minutes lol

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...either "I'll Be Sweeter Tomorrow (Than I Was Yesterday)" or "Look Over Your Shoulder", really couldn't get it down to just one of those....

Social source share

QUOTE (grantdyche @ Jun 12 09, 10:13 PM) Agree with many of the above "I Dig Your Act", Class pure class,

Also don't think released as a single was a version of the Williams & Watson classic "Two For The Price Of One"

On a cheapo album "Four For The Price Of One"

Grant

Mike

Thanks for your reply,The album I had was released on that (long forgoten label I think) MFP, Music For Pleasure,I bought it from a newsagents in Radcliffe Manchester for .99p about 1975,

It was one of those in a basket albums,just thrown in there,I got Alvin Cash "Cashing In" at the same shop for 35p,in a selactadisc box if you remember them

Grant

Social source share

boxing.gif my favourate is the classic lookey lookey on neptune its not there best but it was one of my very first inports, they were so rare in 1970 i thought i was the dogs with it, it must be alian to younger Soul BROTHERS AND SISTERS that finding such items was a bliss from aboveph34r.gif DAVE KIL
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

For me i like Lipstick Traces but Love Train will always be there best ever track and for one it's the very few if not only track you will ever see on VH1 classic since there was a even a video shot for the track. Well it's the only O'Jays video i ever seen on VH1 classic or VH1 when they played really old video's

Social source share

I love all the O'jays 60's stuff, Imperials' output mainly, but there Bell recordings too, but not really a fan from Neptune onwards. So on from that...here are what i like of theree output.

I'll never let you go.

A solid detroit production, with a heavy mid tempo beat, much in the same vein as "I'll never forget you".

It wont hurt.

This track appeared on the flip of "You can't keep a good man down" The Gentlemen Four on Wand a 450+ squid tune, and it ain't a match for this version by the O'jays, and its 20 to 30 quid at the most. Brilliant mid pace-mid tempo Group vocal with great detroit feel production again.

Let it all out.

A mid pace, So Soulful, group vocal again. But more of a 'big city' feel in production. Yet an arabian, almost, feel to the Arrangement brings this into the mellow side of tings. A Beautiful track.

Girl Machine.

WoW WeE i wanna pee!! starts off with a guitar riff solo, and off it goes, with strong arrangement from Mr.H.B Barnhum chugging along with a good old fashioned "northern" feel and a doo wop tinged vocal backing. Yet it drives on, with breaks in all the right places. A driving early "Northern" Dancer.

Whip it on me baby.

More H.B production with a Basic Latin feel, but a driving beat and vocals to match. This is a WINNER!! How tunes like this are negleted, for the whole, is beyond me.

That's Enough.

A slightly earlier release 62? or 3. Again more chugging rhthym from it's arranger...H.B again. A bit of a winner with the RnB crowd.

How does it feel.

As above.

There's a couple more I'm sure, yet i can't reccollect at the Mo. All these above tunes are on Imperial by the way. None of them bank breakers and well worth the Moo-lar!!

Mike.

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

TO PROVE I LOVE YOU IS CURRENTLY #1 IN MY O'JAYS TOP 40 CHART thumbsup.gif

BRI PINCH.

BENTINCK, BACK ROOM, 19TH JUNE.

im with you on this one Bri

Social source share

Monster from each era :) ...... Well, upto the 8ts anyway....( "Love You To Tears" from '97 was ok ("You Can Make Me Fall in Love Again - Artie's Mill spin :lol: ) but not in the same league for me....)

60's..... Lipstick Traces

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=icMs7-EsjNw

70's.... I Love Music (12" version)

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=y5W0ET-H10A

80's.... Put Our Heads Together (12")

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

I think its a close race between HOLD ON and I'll NEVER FORGET YOU, Both are very classy songs, and it surely doesn't hurt that they are perfect to dance to.. Unstoppable.

there are too many to list, most are classy in one way or another.

at a push it would be

i'm so glad i found you"

deeper in love with you

lipstick traces.

i'll never forget you

i dig your act.

imho all class records. only stuffi don't care for is the period on astroscope

bit messy 70's stuff. george kerr great writer/producer on the best tracks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!